A question I was wondering.

faruk9154

A question I was wondering.

Post by faruk9154 »

It caught my attention. Why are some tractors not equipped with a reversing gear lamp? I guess it's real life. Why did they find it unnecessary? (The same question applies to harvesting machines.)
Last edited by faruk9154 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
iwan073

Re: A question I was wondering.

Post by iwan073 »

Reverse warning lamp?
Ignorance is bliss
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:35 am Reverse warning lamp?
Sorry. "Reversing Gear Lamp"
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Ah, I always wonder the same. I guess the models are made by different artists. One adds the lights, the other doesn’t?
Little inconsistent, but could be a reason
Ignorance is bliss
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

I wonder if it’s law thing maybe. As some country’s do not make it law that you have to have them on plant and agro machines. So I wonder if that could be the reason that some models have them and some don’t?
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

WMRmodding wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:08 am
All these tractors and trailers and such are road certified (not sure how you say that in English), so they all should have them
Ignorance is bliss
Reed Engineering

Hmmmm no idea then. Wonder if there is anyone that is from giants that could explain it to use because I’m completely confused.

At the moment by law nothing even cars does not have to have a compulsory revising light although it will fall it’s MOT (road safety inspection) if it does not have one. Not even sure how that works tbh lol. But as of 2020 it will be compulsory on all vehicles if they are used on the road.

Definitely food for thought though.
Pc Player
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

in the states its required that all road worthy vehicles have them.. idk how things work on that side of the pond tho.. i know it really doesnt add much to the topic but i thought it a lil bit relevant
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Reed Engineering

Yeah it seems to be a common denominator that’s for sure. It’s definitely a head scratcher. We need someone that works within the industry to help us out I think because it’s making my brain hurt now trying to figure it out lol 😂
Pc Player
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

If i remember correctly there was a similar thread in the german forum, where someone stated, that vehicles used for farming forestry do not need this type of light in germany, and as the game mostly sticks to german/eu law (red/white warning signs etc.) i guess they did add those lights only if the manufacorer demanded them or something like that.

edit: Link to german law, search for "§ 52a Rückfahrscheinwerfer" and translate it with https://www.deepl.com/translator (better than the one from google)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

In Germany it is required on every Vehicle but there are some exceptions. one of the exceptions are "Agricultural or forestry traction or working machinery" (land- oder forstwirtschaftlichen Zug- oder Arbeitsmaschinen) (§ 52a StVZO - which is the Roadtrafficact here). I don't know if the really mean tractor and not the Trailer or if it is included.
PS4 und PC
Eische

Post by Eische »

Wait, for me it is not clear what he is asking for:
- the dashboard indicator light (arrow) showing that you are in reverse/forward driving mode
- the light at the rear of the machine activated by reverse driving mode
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Eische wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:41 am Wait, for me it is not clear what he is asking for:
- the dashboard indicator light (arrow) showing that you are in reverse/forward driving mode
- the light at the rear of the machine activated by reverse driving mode
The lights on the back of the vehicle to warn people that the vehicle will be moving backwards. Some of the tractors have them and some don't. I've been wondering that as well for awhile now, but... alas. I never asked.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

GothicKing13 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:51 pm The lights on the back of the vehicle to warn people that the vehicle will be moving backwards. Some of the tractors have them and some don't. I've been wondering that as well for awhile now, but... alas. I never asked.
I somehow doubt they are/were intended to warn others you’re backing up,
I think they were/are intended to provide the driver light at the back so he sees where he’s going. Just like the headlights when he’s going forward.
And yes, others can see you’re backing up. But that’s just a side effect
Ignorance is bliss
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

In the US at least on our farm none of our tractors have a "reversing light." Just one of them has a beeper.