Baling contracts with seasons

RODHA

Re: Baling contracts with seasons

Post by RODHA »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:59 pm
RODHA wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 pm
punchi wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:36 pm You can deliever the grass bales. They will finish your task
No, they don't.
Same thing happened to me 2 days ago and the delivery point didn't accept them.
Have to disagree. I always deliver the wrapped grass bales to the selling station without waiting until the fermentation is finished. And they were always accepted.
Thats what I experienced 2 days ago (in real life). I plan to try and fast forward time to see if the delivery point accepts them after fermentation is complete. Other than that I really can't say anything else. May be it is a map issue but I highly doubt cause seasons alter a huge amount of things in a map.
PS5 / FS22
punchi

Post by punchi »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 pm With seasons I think you have to wait.
No you dont. I always do the baling silage contracts, i never waited for them to turn into silage. 200+ hours on my savegame
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I have never done the contract, but bailing and wrapping your own bales you have to wait for them to ferment in order to get silage with seasons. DJGOHAM has a video on it. It works the same amount of time as a silage pit.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
VonArens

Post by VonArens »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 pm
punchi wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:36 pm You can deliever the grass bales. They will finish your task
No, they don't.
Same thing happened to me 2 days ago and the delivery point didn't accept them.
Depends on the map/sell point if it works or not as far as Ive gathered since I've had no issues on certain maps that use traditional bale sale points for those contracts, but on Sussex Farms the ship sale point wouldnt accept the non fermented bales for the baling contract.
Perbjorkhem

Post by Perbjorkhem »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 pm With seasons I think you have to wait.
No. Just unload them in the yellow area and the contract will finish. Did it just now...
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

The contract will be done but you don't get any Money for "left over crops". Without Seasons you would get some Money for more Silage delivered than you had to. but with Seasons after you delivered 100 % the System will recognize it as not fermented and Count it as grass bales. So the contract is finished and you will get the Money for that. but not more because grass isn't worth anything.
PS4 und PC
astro80

Post by astro80 »

i have a problem, try to do a baling contracts with season but I got stuck at twenty percent of task. I transported the bales to the store and sold them as if they were mine without completing the contract.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

What kind of bales? Where was the sellpoint?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

What map?
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

astro80 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 pm i have a problem, try to do a baling contracts with season but I got stuck at twenty percent of task. I transported the bales to the store and sold them as if they were mine without completing the contract.
Sounds like you didn't wrap them.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
astro80

Post by astro80 »

map: ellerbach
mod: maize plus, seasons
i cut the grass, raking, wraping, fermenting and then try to sell
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

For baling contracts on Ellerbach, you don't take the bales to the store. You have to deliver them to a little courtyard in the south-east of the map. It's called Biohof something, iirc.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Also if you waited to ferment the grass maybe grew back in that time
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
aklein

Post by aklein »

Lets clear up a few things.

First. with seasons you do NOT have to wait for a wrapped grass bale to convert to silage to complete a grass contract. Seasons puts a provision in to allow for wrapped grass to be accepted for the contract. I cover this and demonstrate this in my seasons videos. Just did it on Tuesdays live stream on Ballydorn. Early on in seasons testing well before release I took a grass wrapping contract and discovered that you would have to wait and players who play long season duration would have to wait up to 8 game days before they could accept another contract (ignoring the fact that on PC we have had a multi mission mod for quite some time). Thus a provision was put into place to allow wrapped grass to be accepted.

If you personally have had an opposite experience it is very likely your playing on a map and the contract has you taking the bales to a sell point that has been configured to NOT accept grass. If the sell point has been explicitly configured to NOT accept grass by the mod author and it is also a sell point for bales on a contract then you WILL have to wait for it to become silage before the sell point will accept it. Thus it is good practice for map authors to allow sell points that could be a part of a bale contract to accept grass

Also as has been pointed out deliver your wrapped grass carefully so as to not over deliver as you will get no money for selling wrapped grass with seasons you must wait to sell the excess until they have converted to silage.
astro80

Post by astro80 »

maybe i have to use a tedders before raking and baling?