If you could have a new mod map...

Kirkland

Re: If you could have a new mod map...

Post by Kirkland » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:35 pm

blue_painted wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:54 pm
Kirkland wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 pm
Nebraska or Iowa. Preferably Iowa. As someone mentioned earlier, some tree lined creeks, very small town with a large grain elevator. Square 40’s and larger (much larger) and pivots.

On a side note: I’d like to have a wind turbine mod that doesn’t produce income. Just placeable, “decorative”, solid white, turbines.

And did I mention pivots.....?
What are pivots?

I mean, I know what "a pivot" is but what is it in an Iowan farming context?
“Pivots” is an above ground, rolling irrigation system. Google images of “irrigation pivots” for pictures.

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Kirkland wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:35 pm
blue_painted wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:54 pm
Kirkland wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 pm
Nebraska or Iowa. Preferably Iowa. As someone mentioned earlier, some tree lined creeks, very small town with a large grain elevator. Square 40’s and larger (much larger) and pivots.

On a side note: I’d like to have a wind turbine mod that doesn’t produce income. Just placeable, “decorative”, solid white, turbines.

And did I mention pivots.....?
What are pivots?

I mean, I know what "a pivot" is but what is it in an Iowan farming context?
“Pivots” is an above ground, rolling irrigation system. Google images of “irrigation pivots” for pictures.
I have been wanting this too. 95% of our fields are Pivot-irrigated, and I’d love to see a map with this added in.

PS I can’t get the image to show up. Maybe because I am uploading from an iPhone, but it doesn’t work for me. Just try searching what I posted a little bit ago.
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Currently farming away on FSN
Find me on Discord - Dairydeere #2509
YT Channel- The Carpet Farmer

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

bdh

Post by bdh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:27 am

bossmanslim wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm
What I would like to see:
  • Map with 2 asphalt roads, one runs north south, the other east west. These shouldn't be completely straight and also don't have to be centered in the map. Any additional roads should be dirt or gravel so they can be easily moved.
  • Small town where the roads cross with shop and all sell points. Additional buildings/houses to give it some flavor, but not a ton.
  • Dozen or small premade fields taking up the center 1/4 of the map around the town. Any placed buildings for the starting farm should be placables and be able to be removed.
  • Rest of the map forest and meadows to allow the player to expand however they wish.
  • Map should have some roll to it and not be completely flat, but also not so steep that it can't be farmed unless for some minor terrain features.
  • No buried trees, random junk or other stuff that gets in the way.
  • All land except for the town area to be purchasable.
This is exactly what I am looking for. Have found a few but they are not seasons updated.

pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:34 pm

chh997 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:39 pm
I would personally love to see map from Finland. I know there is finnish maps on PC, but not on console. Maybe there is some scripting problems why it's not possible or something ( I don't know anything about modding process) but yeah.. That's something I'd love to see.
Can you give me some links or names of the maps? I just moved to Finland and it would be interesting to play a Finnish map. Are any of them seasons-ready?

chh997

Post by chh997 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:24 am

pumpkinpatch wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:34 pm
chh997 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:39 pm
I would personally love to see map from Finland. I know there is finnish maps on PC, but not on console. Maybe there is some scripting problems why it's not possible or something ( I don't know anything about modding process) but yeah.. That's something I'd love to see.
Can you give me some links or names of the maps? I just moved to Finland and it would be interesting to play a Finnish map. Are any of them seasons-ready?
One of them atleast is called " Tervalehti " . But it's for PC. As far as I know there is not any finnish maps for Ps4.
Tervalehti is the first mod from this modder, and I don't know what is like to play but what I've seen it looks really nice and playable.

Maikello

Post by Maikello » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:06 pm

I don't know who remembers the Tunxdorf from FS15. But I'm waiting for something like that

TurboJ

Post by TurboJ » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:00 pm

High quality 4X map modelling the rural areas of the Eastern Europe or Scandinavia, please!

pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:04 pm

chh997 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:24 am
One of them atleast is called " Tervalehti " . But it's for PC. As far as I know there is not any finnish maps for Ps4.
Tervalehti is the first mod from this modder, and I don't know what is like to play but what I've seen it looks really nice and playable.
Great, thanks! I'm downloading it now and will check it out. It looks very nice. 1.4Gb though, that's a lot!

Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:39 pm

The Piedmont region of Pennsylvania would be amazing. You've got everything from hills, mountains, valleys, and flatlands. Small European style Amish farms to big modern operations. Forests and streams to wide open fields. Tight country lanes and dirt roads to six lane highways. Oh yeah, can't forget about four beautiful but very dynamic seasons. Harsh winters and hot summers are the norm.

TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 am

Definitely Australia, we got so much differing terrain, I think it'd be cool.

Speaking as an Australian who has recently moved and now lives full time in New Zealand with my Kiwi partner, I can see huge potential for a NZ themed map.

Where I live (right up top of the North Island, temperature is bloody hot) we share the roads with heaps of tractors and gear, all the big brands. Lots of JD actually. Lots of bailing going on right now. Corns coming up nicely, some being harvested as I write this. Massive Kumera (sweet potato) farms producing a lot of the season. Huge sheep, dairy and beef industry too.

NZ farms are amazing, hilly, some coastal some framed by rugged scenery, hard to explain if you haven't seen it. If I had a clue how to mod I'd give it a go. Need a PC first..
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61

pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:57 pm

TaintedBlackCat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 am
I can see huge potential for a NZ themed map
You have some very convincing arguments there. Kinda want to visit NZ now (if only it weren't at the other end of the world).