Greenwich valley by greenbale modding

blue_painted

Re: Greenwich valley by greenbale modding

Post by blue_painted »

Barrcott wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:08 am
cedricthecat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:55 am

Got to agree with the field entrance issue, although as there are no hedge collisions, you can drive straight through them!
not if yer combines got a header on it doesn't !
πŸ˜„
Or you're carrying bales!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also Β£600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

blue_painted wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:10 am

Got to agree with the field entrance issue, although as there are no hedge collisions, you can drive straight through them!
πŸ˜„
No but on the upside you can leave your helper to drill a field with telegraph poles in it unlike Marwell where all sorts of hilarity ensues :lol:
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Barrcott wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:15 pm
blue_painted wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:10 am

πŸ˜„
No but on the upside you can leave your helper to drill a field with telegraph poles in it unlike Marwell where all sorts of hilarity ensues :lol:
Yes but no but ... :) ... I went and set collisions on all the poles and pylons, because it fidgets me to be able to drive through them.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

blue_painted wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Yes but no but ... :) ... I went and set collisions on all the poles and pylons, because it fidgets me to be able to drive through them.
So if install the 'collision camera off' mod from mod hub am I right in thinking the combines & drill will pass through the poles on marwell ?

Because if that's the case I'll reload the map !

Play time > Ford TW20
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Collision camera is something different.
They are talking about collisions on objects on the map, which you can edit only by opening map in GE and ticking Collision box on or off.
Last edited by bojanh66 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

πŸ˜„
No, you've got a good point there! Discovered the same thing the other day that vehicles go through, but not the headers, which seems a bit odd...

Guess you could drop the header over using one of those telehandler adaptor plates?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

cedricthecat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:32 pm

πŸ˜„
No, you've got a good point there! Discovered the same thing the other day that vehicles go through, but not the headers, which seems a bit odd...

Guess you could drop the header over using one of those telehandler adaptor plates?
Yes but it adds to the nature of the map and makes smaller harvesters more viable.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

On greenwich its ideal to use 9m grain and 9m corn header, they can go through gates easily.
You could use 13.7m grain header and 12m corn header, but it will require some patience when going through gates as u can easily get stuck.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:11 pm Yes but it adds to the nature of the map and makes smaller harvesters more viable.
Also a good point!

I've managed to get some whopping headers into the fields with little fuss, and TBH, quite enjoy the challenge of narrow roads and yards etc with big equipment :)

On a related note, I was going to have a go with the Cressoni foldable header this morning, after seeing it on a MrSealyP video recently, but I can't find it on the ModHub. Has it been pulled?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

cedricthecat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:32 pm

πŸ˜„

Or shorter fencing stakes :lol:

Play time > Ford TW20
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

cedricthecat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:55 pm
SJ_Sathanas wrote: ↑Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:11 pm Yes but it adds to the nature of the map and makes smaller harvesters more viable.
Also a good point!

I've managed to get some whopping headers into the fields with little fuss, and TBH, quite enjoy the challenge of narrow roads and yards etc with big equipment :)

On a related note, I was going to have a go with the Cressoni foldable header this morning, after seeing it on a MrSealyP video recently, but I can't find it on the ModHub. Has it been pulled?
Not sure about ingame, but it's still showing on the website
PC & Xbox One
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm playing Greenwich on a Dedicated Server and we're currently running the Claas Tucano Harvester and Grain Header, with the slightly larger intended more for the Lexion Corn Header. We've not had any problems getting the headers through any gates or into any fields. Though that might be because we're not driving through the gates with the headers on the front of the harvester, but still sitting on the header trailers. I think this map really makes Header Trailers a must use item, where as normally on many other maps you never ever need one. Though just be careful if you try driving through the hedges between fields, because even though they don't have collision and don't stop your harvesters, for some reason they do take the headers off the header trailers. It's like they have selective collision.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Bales and headers have same collision mask and they wont go through hedges on most of the well known maps.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

Bale's with no collision on a hilly field = Bale's everywhere lol
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I think the round bales are less rolly on FS19 than they were on FS17. I remember some modders making round bale models that were less round, so that a flat bottom would stop them rolling.