Fs19 Experience

R3DSKINS21

Fs19 Experience

Post by R3DSKINS21 »

Sorry if this is already a topic, but I think an experience base profile would be an excellent way to play FS. The more "jobs" you complete and the more work you get done on your own fields goes towards your "rank" . As your rank increases, you will unlock more equipment, better equipment and be able to take on bigger and better jobs. This rank will tie into your profile as it does when you play a game like Destiny or The Division or something similar. Meaning no matter when you play or how you play your rank will continue to grow. I feel like this will encourage players to help each other out on their farms through multiplayer modes. If you join someones game and help them, in theory, you actually gain xp and in game money for your character., giving you a reason to help others out. I'm constantly seeing posts on people asking for help, but in my own selfish way I decide not to help because I'm not getting "rewarded" in any way. Giving players xp based on the work they do to unlock better equipment, more fields, and even more money might actually be a fun way to encourage players to play together and make it feel like more of a "career mode". Feel free to leave some of your thought... :biggrin2:
GenXFarmer

Re: Fs19 Experience

Post by GenXFarmer »

It's called money.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Sorry but cant think of a worse game mode in fs than xp and unlocking equipment etc.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:27 pm Sorry but cant think of a worse game mode in fs than xp and unlocking equipment etc.
Loot boxes? :mrgreen:
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:30 pm
Goose66 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:27 pm Sorry but cant think of a worse game mode in fs than xp and unlocking equipment etc.
Loot boxes? :mrgreen:
LOL those too !
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Valko_inen

Post by Valko_inen »

This is an interesting idea that I very much afree with!
Always had the feeling that the game could benefit from a game mode that offers some sort of progression path or possibly some sort of quest-like system
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

GenXFarmer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:27 pm It's called money.
Agreed! *thumbsup*
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I'm sorry, but I think this is a terrible idea. Talk about being less realistic. This wouldn't be a good thing for a farming game.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
STL

Post by STL »

Sure this sounds like a great idea. To start the game, all you get is a shovel, a wheel barrow, and a 1000 acre field of freshly planted potatoes. Time is restricted to x1. You have to harvest the field of potatoes 100%, and sell 100% of the harvest before you can buy anything else.
R3DSKINS21

Post by R3DSKINS21 »

STL wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:26 pm Sure this sounds like a great idea. To start the game, all you get is a shovel, a wheel barrow, and a 1000 acre field of freshly planted potatoes. Time is restricted to x1. You have to harvest the field of potatoes 100%, and sell 100% of the harvest before you can buy anything else.
I'd play that
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

That is one thing I dislike about American trucking simulator. If I have the money to buy something then I want to buy it, not wait until it is unlocked.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

This idea sounds more like a reincarnation of Farmville on Facebook than anything... I love that I can have access to any kind of equipment I want as long as I can afford it. Why throw a wrench into that just to flex a rank on other players? Huge pass from me.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Personally I don't think unlockable content would add much to the satisfaction of the overall experience.

I do agree though that some sort of experience and achievements system would be fun (as in, something greatly expanded beyond the quite superficial achievements system that exists currently). Earn XP and "rank" based on hours and acres spent on every operation, cumulative crops and livestock and commodities sold, machinery purchased, trees cut, whatever... every farming task adds a little to your experience and gives you an imaginary rank or score to work towards. The score wouldn't reflect game play (except maybe giving you a new shirt option or something) but it would be a way of measuring your achievements and comparing with your peers.

Or maybe experience could be considered sort of "reputation" and as your experience grows you get offered more and varied contracting jobs, or delivery contracts, or right of first refusal on certain land sales (assuming any of those mechanics were implemented correctly in the first place :lol: :lol: )

I'm just throwing out ideas of how to keep the game feeling like it has some goal or achievement that you're working toward, other than those completely in your own mind.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

There is achievements you can get for doing certain things, but directcedar, your ideas isn't that bad for the contract idea. The more experienced you have the more expensive the contracts could be. You pay for the help you received ha. I do think every piece of equipment should be available at anytime. This isn't call of duty or fortnight.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

🤔 XP and having to unlock equipment I want to use? 👎👎
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA