ContractorMod

humbe

Re: ContractorMod

Post by humbe »

Open a working mod to see that file layout looks similar.. And if it does, enable debug mode and check logs..
rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

Ok ... well when i unzip the original FS22_ContractorMod-main > folder named FS22_ContractorMod-main > FS22_ContractorMod-main > main folder with all the stuff in it....
I already tried to delete the folder in the middle and change the name from FS22_ContractorMod-main to FS22_ContractorModmain , zip it together but it doesn´t work .... then i tried to change the name FS22_ContractorModmain to FS22_ContractorMod , zip it together but doesn´t work either.
I though it will be the name but nothing helped ... i though it will be because there is one folderway to much but doesn´t helped.

So now my mod is zip. and the name is FS22_ContractorMod ... after opening is there a folder named FS22_ContractorMod > and then if you open it will be the mod stuff in it.

So im pretty hu** that the download is broken ... i mean the mod is 100 Kb big , is that normal ? may be you can try to download and see what happened ;)

Yumi where are you xD need you ... but thanks to everyone trying to help me out ;)
rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

humbe wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:01 am Open a working mod to see that file layout looks similar.. And if it does, enable debug mode and check logs..
the problem is ...that the mod doesn´t even appear in the log. i already check it ...
and the filde layout seems pretty the same like the mod in FS19

Have someone a link for the download ? i mean maybe i have the wrong data from Github....
rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

yumi wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:08 pm Hello
I made a first commit today on the github repo
yumi-modding/FS22_ContractorMod (cf. my signature for direct link).
I tried to list what is working and what is not.
I've not built a zip file so please retrieve the content and put it in your mod folder.
I tried this one ... is it correct?
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello,

I missed a lot of msg here !
The issue is that the zip is built on github but for the intend of being used as a mod.
I will start uploading a zip directly so people can test more easily, knowing that the mod is still beta version.

Edit:
Done
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

Hi ,

Well it´s working now :) thx a lot Yumi ... now with the new update 1.06 could be easier for you with the passenger ! xD
Thx for youre work ... awesome mod

Best Regards
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Awesome mod, can customize all the characters also, thankyou very much.
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
Andreas Albrecht

Post by Andreas Albrecht »

Great, I make a new game with me, my son and my wife on my SP Farm. So far it works fine.

Only issue I could see is that if you switch view between first and second person while sitting in a vehicle, the Mod mismatch the appearance of the character till you get out.

Beside that I am glad to get my Family around 😀
rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

yumi wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:21 am Hello,

I missed a lot of msg here !
The issue is that the zip is built on github but for the intend of being used as a mod.
I will start uploading a zip directly so people can test more easily, knowing that the mod is still beta version.

Edit:
Done
Hi Yumi,

I have one more question ... is there somewhere a tutorial to know how to able passenger for an vehicles mod ?
I found some tutorial but just for LS19.

Best regards
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello
No tutorial yet but principle is the same than on FS19.
You can add your mods passengers config in ContractorMod.xml file present in modSettings directory so they won't be lost if you update the mod.
To ease the passenger positioning you can activate the debug command by copying the file FS22_ContractorMod.debug.xml into your mods directory so you can visually move the passenger ingame and dump the right config line in the log.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

Hey...

Thx for your answer .... i tried now for 3 hours ...watched some videos but im too stupid xD it doesn´t work for me ... but doesn´t madder

Thx for your mod ... again ... amazing work ;)
humbe

Post by humbe »

rocky0994 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:30 pm Hey...

Thx for your answer .... i tried now for 3 hours ...watched some videos but im too stupid xD it doesn´t work for me ... but doesn´t madder

Thx for your mod ... again ... amazing work ;)
Too late for me now, but I'm going to try this soonish too.. Maybe tomorrow evening.. If I manage to get it working, I can make a bit more spoonfeeding guide ;) I managed to get it working in FS19 at least..

Downloaded and started to use the mod today.. Configuring in the wardrobe was just an awesome feature compared to modifying config files in FS19 ;).. My main toon is shaking when standing outside, but that many of my toons did in FS19 too.. Other than that haven't found any issues yet..

I will likely park the toons in vehicles anyhow.. Well.. During testing of maintenance earlier, we found that you actually wore a tractor by merely sitting in it, regardless of whether the motor was running or not, so I hope I don't wear down my vehicles by just having toons parked in them ;D
humbe

Post by humbe »

Adding passenger support to vehicle

The following procedure should work, if the vehicle allows the passenger to enter the vehicle in the first place.
  • Copy FS22_ContractorMod.debug.xml to your mods directory. Your mods directory is typically Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\mods unless you have configured FS22 to move it (Where Documents is the "My Documents" windows folder, which sadly is named differently depending ony our windows locale). The xml file to copy in there you can find in the FS22_ContractorMod.zip file or grab it directly from github: https://github.com/yumi-modding/FS22_Co ... .debug.xml
  • Restart (or start) the game and load a savegame with the vehicle you want to fix support for.
  • Enter the vehicle with a driver. When a passenger.
  • Read the contents of the FS22_ContractorMod.debug.xml for the keyboard commands for adjusting position of the passenger. (The keys referred to is typically left ctrl + a character.. Just written in a format the game understand I guess)
  • Once done, use the command also given in there to make the mod spew out the line you need to add to your config. For instance:
    <Passenger vehiclesName="data/vehicles/lizard/pickup1986/pickup1986.xml" seatIndex="1" x="-0.3683" y="0.8080" z="0.3360" rx="0" ry="0" rz="0" />
  • You find the entry above in the log.txt file in your game directory (parent directory of mods directory by default).
  • Inside the game directory there is also a modSettings directory with a ContractorMod.xml file.. Add the line inside the passengerSeats element, as shown by example there.
  • Restart the game and you should be all good..
But what if the vehicle won't let the passenger enter? Then you can work around that by adding an entry to the ContractorMod.xml file above with wrong positions.. You can find the vehiclesName from your vehicles.xml file in your savegame. Grab it from there and add seatIndex="1" first passenger, seatIndex="2" for second passenger and so forth..

Then you can use the functionality above to get correct positions.. Though you seem to always be moving passenger 1, so just grab the entry and edit the seatIndex to the position you fitted the toon in..

rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

humbe wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:52 am Adding passenger support to vehicle

The following procedure should work, if the vehicle allows the passenger to enter the vehicle in the first place.
  • Copy FS22_ContractorMod.debug.xml to your mods directory. Your mods directory is typically Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\mods unless you have configured FS22 to move it (Where Documents is the "My Documents" windows folder, which sadly is named differently depending ony our windows locale). The xml file to copy in there you can find in the FS22_ContractorMod.zip file or grab it directly from github: https://github.com/yumi-modding/FS22_Co ... .debug.xml
  • Restart (or start) the game and load a savegame with the vehicle you want to fix support for.
  • Enter the vehicle with a driver. When a passenger.
  • Read the contents of the FS22_ContractorMod.debug.xml for the keyboard commands for adjusting position of the passenger. (The keys referred to is typically left ctrl + a character.. Just written in a format the game understand I guess)
  • Once done, use the command also given in there to make the mod spew out the line you need to add to your config. For instance:
    <Passenger vehiclesName="data/vehicles/lizard/pickup1986/pickup1986.xml" seatIndex="1" x="-0.3683" y="0.8080" z="0.3360" rx="0" ry="0" rz="0" />
  • You find the entry above in the log.txt file in your game directory (parent directory of mods directory by default).
  • Inside the game directory there is also a modSettings directory with a ContractorMod.xml file.. Add the line inside the passengerSeats element, as shown by example there.
  • Restart the game and you should be all good..
But what if the vehicle won't let the passenger enter? Then you can work around that by adding an entry to the ContractorMod.xml file above with wrong positions.. You can find the vehiclesName from your vehicles.xml file in your savegame. Grab it from there and add seatIndex="1" first passenger, seatIndex="2" for second passenger and so forth..

Then you can use the functionality above to get correct positions.. Though you seem to always be moving passenger 1, so just grab the entry and edit the seatIndex to the position you fitted the toon in..

Wow.... first thx a lot for your explaination ... i did everything you wrote ... but i still have the problem that the passenger can´t get insinde ...i have the message ( there is no space for more poeple ect... ) i made a picture with snippingtool but can´t put it in my message ... i wish i can so you can see if i made something wrong...

i wrote this in the data :

<passengerSeats displayWarning="false">
<!-- mods can be added here so they won't be overwritten if ContractorMod is updated -->
<Passenger vehiclesName="$moddir$FS22_JohnDeere8r2016/series8R.xml" seatIndex="1" x="0.5494" y="2.3036" z="-1.3561" rx="0" ry="0" rz="0"/>
<Passenger vehiclesName="$moddir$FS22_JohnDeere6M/series6M_M.xml" seatIndex="1" x="0.5494" y="2.3036" z="-1.3561" rx="0" ry="0" rz="0"/>
<Passenger vehiclesName="$moddir$FS22_JohnDeere6M/series6M_L.xml" seatIndex="1" x="0.5494" y="2.3036" z="-1.3561" rx="0" ry="0" rz="0"/>
</passengerSeats>

I´m pretty sure i made everything right ...
humbe

Post by humbe »

Hmm.. That looks right to me at least.. I assume you have tried to stop and start the game again? And that the file you modified was in the modSettings directory?

I tried downloading a JD 6M mod, but my name got a bit different.. Probably another mod.. But I didn't get it working with that one myself either.. I guess you can try a pickup mod or something just to see if you get it to work on another vehicle.. I guess Yumi will have to say why it refuses to set the capacity of the tractor above 1..