ContractorMod

yumi

Re: ContractorMod

Post by yumi »

Andreas Albrecht wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:35 pm Take your time. I am really looking forward to your mod. Like to have my little family around me :smileynew:
Hello,
Thx, I'm working on it and starting having some results. I confirm that wardrobe screen will help to change each character style, it's kind of working already.
I still have several issues to fix before being able to share some code and then push to modhub.
Thanks for being patient.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
humbe

Post by humbe »

yumi wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 pm
Andreas Albrecht wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:35 pm Take your time. I am really looking forward to your mod. Like to have my little family around me :smileynew:
Hello,
Thx, I'm working on it and starting having some results. I confirm that wardrobe screen will help to change each character style, it's kind of working already.
I still have several issues to fix before being able to share some code and then push to modhub.
Thanks for being patient.
Wheee.. Thanks for all your effort ;D
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Glad to hear it, one of my favorite mods.
Playing on PC and PS4
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

I just found this thread and it is brilliant news that Contractormod is coming to FS22. One of the most important gameplay mods in my opinion

Thank you Yumi
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Woohoo! Can't wait! This should have been in base game! Thanks for your hard work.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
humbe

Post by humbe »

One feature request.. Not sure how many others would want it, but here goes:

If I remember correctly, with contractor mod in FS19 you tabbed between your characters instead of your vehicles, and when you engaged an AI helper or courseplay, it didn't replace the toon driving, but just allowed you to tab to another character without the previous one stopping to work.

I'd like to cut the regular AI helper fee, and rather implement a salary for the characters.. So I can set the AI helper fee to zero (which I can now do with a modified AICost mod, and did in FS19 as Courseplay could adjust the AI cost). In FS19 I added a salary to the toons by editing property maintenance of a building to include it, but would be nice if I could set the salary up in the mod somehow, and this sum got deducted and added to the AI helper section of the accounting.

No biggue if it is hard to implement though.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello,
Thanks everyone for your kind feedbacks.
About helper costs, yes i agree that I would also prefer to cut AIHelper costs and why not put a salary somewhere.
I will add the idea on the github and see how to implement it (and what default behavior to set) once basic mod will be working.
For now, I'm still trying to understand how to set correctly the passengers in the vehicle and then need to see how to display on foot characters
moreRealistic fan !
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

I remember first using this on fs17 and thinking that with courseplay it was rhe most important gameplay mod for realism. I'm amazed that any person who does medium and large sized farming doesn't use it.

Great to read the progress being made
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

hi, Curious how the work is going? Sorry if it looks pushy, I know these things take a long time and just interested in how you are getting on?
yumi

Post by yumi »

Jonnjc wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:54 pm hi, Curious how the work is going? Sorry if it looks pushy, I know these things take a long time and just interested in how you are getting on?
Hello,
Yes, I understand waiting is long. I don't have a lot of time to work on the mod lastly. I made some progress on the display of the on foot characters but I have few major issues that prevent me to share the code I have today.
I will try to fix them (still the passenger display is KO for ex) and then I will push the code on github so people can start testing and maybe help on the code/xml.
moreRealistic fan !
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

Thanks for replying. I can imagine the new player system makes it much more complicated to convert.
I appreciate your effort
fredoflf

Post by fredoflf »

Hello, very happy to know that you are working on this script (essential to take very nice pix with character behind the wheel)
Take your time, we are still at the beginning of the game
Good continuation
thunor

Post by thunor »

Honestly, this is the sole reason I'm not playing FS22 yet (bought it, installed it and not played a minute of it).

Since using this in FS17 I can't play without it! It's a great mod, an essential mod to give the game more life and I had my fingers crossed that it was coming to the new version!

Thanks for porting it again into FS22, can't wait to play this.
Fionnloch

Post by Fionnloch »

Am I glad I came across your post. That is exactly what I have done. I haven't played fs22 yet (apart from just a quick look) I'm waiting and hoping for contractor mod for my roleplaying series that I have been showing to my parents every Friday night for 2 years now. They really enjoy their Friday evenings watching me progress as a young boy who went with hardly any money,from Scotland to America to make a living as a farmer. Eventually after finding it quite difficult to make a lot of money, I have returned to Scotland, to my cousins farm where I'm helping with the harvest. The latest is-: That my cousin's best friend who lives in Europe, has just phoned to say he is giving up his farm after he had a hip operation and wants someone to run his farm with the view to taking over ownership if the right person is suitable. so that's where I come in. So, it would not have been possible for me to make a good storyline without this great mod (Contrctor mod) that Yumi has made. I use voicemaker software along with Videopad to make this work with the characters. Its great. So with fs22 and the new character creation, I was thinking this could be absolutely brilliant, but probably not possible with the different set up compared to fs19. Well, when I saw this post, I nearly choked on my coffee. Absolutely fantastic if this can be done. Take your time Yumi. I take my hat off to you, your a brilliant modder and I thank you for all the enjoyment I've had through that mod. One final note, I noticed the 3rd person mod character is always Jogging, would that mean that the other characters would be Jogging as well? Anyway I've gone on too long, sorry, just excited for this mod. Take care everone.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Thanks again everyone for all your kind words.
I've been working today on it and was trying to correct the issue with the passenger standing up in the vehicle instead of being sat but still no fix.
I might release the mod as it is today (on github), so with several limitations or issue compared to what was working on FS19 (actually close to first version of the mod on FS17) but at least people can test it and start playing with it with a little bit of imagination. And maybe some developer would be able to help then.
Also there will be some consequent work on setting the passenger location on base game vehicles and some mods that could be shared.
moreRealistic fan !