ContractorMod

yumi

Re: ContractorMod

Post by yumi »

Thanks Humbe, that's a very detailed tutorial:-)
You're right rocky0994 I see there is an issue that a passenger cannot enter if the vehicle is not configured yet so the debugCommand is not really helping here.
For the basegame vehicle i actually add all the vehicles with seat=-1 and default location to 0.0 for all attributes and this way i'm able to use the debug command.
I guess activating this command should enable to enter any vehicle as passenger. I'll fix this soon
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
rocky0994

Post by rocky0994 »

Wait wait .... i did it xD

I did a stupid thing .... but now it´s working fine Thank you a lot ;)
again humbe thank you very much ...

Best Regards ;)
humbe

Post by humbe »

Thanks again for upgrading the mod to FS22.. Feels great to be able to have the family around again, and switch between toons and not teleport vehicles..

Just thought I'd add that I've now used the addon for almost a month, and it seems to be working pretty well.. It's a bit annoying that character looks get mixed up from time to time, but I've just reapplied correct looks in wardrobe screen or reloaded game to load it from xml settings file again. No biggie, and certainly not a big enough issue for me to play without it (I made a backup of my settings file just in case)

I sometimes see a character outside of a vehicle that is vibrating, but as I don't stand around to look at the other toons, it's not that annoying.. If I get annoyed I can always park the toon in a vehicle instead. Seems to mostly happen to my main (first char), and he's usually busy anyhow..

Other than that, the only issue I'm having is a repair point that I think got a lot harder to use after I started using contractor mod.. Sometimes I need to switch through the other characters before I can use it.. If it happens, I move all the other toons out of vehicles and around to somewhere outside the range of any triggers, and usually I'm then able to trigger it. Could be unrelated to mod, but noticed it at the same time I started using it so figured it may be related.. That repair point is close to other triggers though so might be something else. Haven't tested without the mod to see..

A bit sad the wardrobe doesn't have a bit more face models.. Looks like it's pretty much the same model that has been tweaked a bit to look like he could be from different places in the world..

I've had no issue with courseplay with the mod. If I jump out of the tractor, automated driving stops which is the wanted behavior.. Riding a horse has not been an issue either, but switching character while a character is mounted has caused a bug here.. No big deal when you know about it though..
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Agreed! The main "pain" point are listed above
- Field info for "character #1"
- Trigger not working correctly if another character is on one
- Style for characeter 1 is ALWAYS reset to character 4 after a restard. (not a big bug, but still)
- Character being shaky (was an issue in FS19 as well)
- Character double itself when exiting a vehicule. Not always, but sometimes. I quit a vehicule and character will still in vehicule. I have to tab again to this character to have this fix. Not always happening, it's very random.

Thanks for this mod, this is a game changer for me and absolutly needed!!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Andreas Albrecht

Post by Andreas Albrecht »

Hey folks. I noted The twin character problem with course play also several time. So maybe it is not a mod problem alone. Beside this I join Humber’s commendation. Most things work fine so far and if you are not too picky the mod start making fun
yumi

Post by yumi »

hello
Thanks for all these feedbacks, very interesting.
About the character mix up, i actualy think that 1st character takes the default character style (the one you would have for a new game) instead of the one saved.
I logged the issue on github (#9) and will work on it. Lastly I was on CombineXP development since I'm near being able to release but still need to fix 1 major bug.
Thanks for your patience and I'm happy the mod is already ble to enhance your gameplay.
moreRealistic fan !
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

yumi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:50 am hello
Thanks for all these feedbacks, very interesting.
About the character mix up, i actualy think that 1st character takes the default character style (the one you would have for a new game) instead of the one saved.
I logged the issue on github (#9) and will work on it. Lastly I was on CombineXP development since I'm near being able to release but still need to fix 1 major bug.
Thanks for your patience and I'm happy the mod is already ble to enhance your gameplay.
Apologies for thread-hijack, but I love CombineXP, I've been running it on FS22 ever since I came across your GitHub :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

I took a little break from the game, buy I'm back and have been using the mod a lot.

As per the other users I get the same minor issues but the mod itself is working great. I'm an extensive Courseplay and Autodrive user and so far it is working perfectly with both mods.

As I have said repeatedly - this is possibly this is the ultimate mod for working SP farms.

Awesome work and looking forward to the CombineXP
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

I just stumbled across this thread and have to say I'm looking forward to this. I loved this mod in 19 and did like others setting it up with the characters representing my family. It sure adds to the FS experience. Thank you and I look forward to testing it out.
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

Ag Hauler wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:20 pm I just stumbled across this thread and have to say I'm looking forward to this. I loved this mod in 19 and did like others setting it up with the characters representing my family. It sure adds to the FS experience. Thank you and I look forward to testing it out.
The link to the Beta is in Yumi signature
Seb43

Post by Seb43 »

I like this mod, too. And I would download it right away, too. Has it been submitted to Giants yet?
It's nice that there are more fans.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Hello @yumi, is there a way to easily add passenger into vehicues or the only way is to "test and fail" with the XML?

It really take lot of time to get the perfect position by just changing numbers in the XML.

Is it the only way of doing this or you have a better solution?
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello Miketeg
You should be able to use the debug command for this purpose.
As explained in FS22_ContractorMod.debug.xml file, you can enable it by copying the FS22_ContractorMod.debug.xml file in your mods directory and then use the commands to move the passenger to the right location and generate the xml line to put in ContractorMod.xml file.
moreRealistic fan !
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Wow! Didn't know about that! That's awesome! Thanks!
Andreas Albrecht

Post by Andreas Albrecht »

Cool. I just test it for fun. Thanks guys.