ContractorMod

pumpkinpatch

Re: ContractorMod

Post by pumpkinpatch »

humbe wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm
rothamar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:58 pm That's awesome!! Thanks so much! Is there a way to have a flat daily rate to mimic a salary type pay instead of hourly?
What about increasing maintenance of farm house to include it? It sounds like expenses for family anyhow. Though a bit sad it'll show up as property maintenance in game.
That's how I do it. Increase maintenance on farm house, or any other placeable, really. Inside the xml file of the placeable, you just need to find the following line:

Code: Select all

<dailyUpkeep>150</dailyUpkeep>
Change the number to what you want it to be. *thumbsup*
humbe

Post by humbe »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:00 am
humbe wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm
rothamar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:58 pm That's awesome!! Thanks so much! Is there a way to have a flat daily rate to mimic a salary type pay instead of hourly?
What about increasing maintenance of farm house to include it? It sounds like expenses for family anyhow. Though a bit sad it'll show up as property maintenance in game.
That's how I do it. Increase maintenance on farm house, or any other placeable, really. Inside the xml file of the placeable, you just need to find the following line:

<dailyUpkeep>150</dailyUpkeep>
Change the number to what you want it to be. *thumbsup*
Hmm.. Can't seem to see that seting in items.xml where I find my farmhouse in my savegame. I see one can edit dailyUpkeep in xml file in some mods.. Is it possible to override for a savegame, or do one need to alter the mods/base game installation?
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

humbe wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:58 pm Hmm.. Can't seem to see that seting in items.xml where I find my farmhouse in my savegame. I see one can edit dailyUpkeep in xml file in some mods.. Is it possible to override for a savegame, or do one need to alter the mods/base game installation?
I've always done it within the xml of the mod. Don't think it's possible to override for a savegame, though I may be wrong. Easiest thing to do may be to just get some small placeable, like a traffic cone or something that you wouldn't otherwise use, and change the upkeep on that.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Update for conflict with Manure System should be available next week on modhub.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
yumi

Post by yumi »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm It came out yesterday
Right I missed it, I thought it was still pending 😀
moreRealistic fan !
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:51 pm
Bram83 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:52 pm where can you set the worker wage to 0, i also play as a family but dont use hiring workes because you say, losing money.

grts
In the Seasons mod folder, go to the folder 'data' and then find the xml file called 'economy'. In this file, one of the first lines reads something like this:

<ai workdayStart="6" workdayEnd="18" workdayPay="2985" overtimePay="7865" />
Just change the workdayPay and overtimePay values to 0, so it reads like this:

<ai workdayStart="6" workdayEnd="18" workdayPay="0" overtimePay="0" />
To edit the xml file, you'll have to first copy it somewhere else (like your desktop), then change it, and then copy it back and overwrite the original.

Hope this helps.
So does this only work for changing it to 0? I tried changing mine to where the worker would make 20/hour (132/workday) and when I went back into my game the first hour the worker charged me 247 playing in 5x speed
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:40 pm So does this only work for changing it to 0? I tried changing mine to where the worker would make 20/hour (132/workday) and when I went back into my game the first hour the worker charged me 247 playing in 5x speed
I've never tried doing anything beyond setting it to 0. But yeah, pretty sure the lower you set the number, the lower the wage will be and vice versa. I'm also almost certain that the number doesn't actually represent a real unit, like bucks per hour or per day. So you may just have to experiment until you get the wage level that you want.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Daily upkeep counts as "Property Maintenance" in game, and will keep increasing linearly over time, doubling already after 4 years (with seasons) if I remember correctly. I figured out I could use negative property income instead, by adding this to mod:

<incomePerHour1>-38.88</incomePerHour1>
<incomePerHour2>-38.88</incomePerHour2>
<incomePerHour3>-38.88</incomePerHour3>

where I believe #3 is for hard economy and #1 for easy. For some strange reason, (at least on my 6 day season), income per hour is counted ~26.4 times per day, so -38.88 is $1.000 per day in my season.

Obviously disabled my "save player position" mod, and I also needed to disable "vehicle explorer" mod which also controls tab, though I just used the latter to avoid skipping through all vehicles anyhow, so I just disabled that too.

Messed around a bit with the mod settings to try and get one of the characters looking equal to the character I created for the game. Seems the indexes match the order in which you pick looks for new game, so wasn't too hard to figure out but caused quite a bit of restarts. Would be nice with an image overview matching these setting indexes to pictures showing them. Didn't get it 100% correctly. I've used the darkest brown shirt but 19 which seems to be the highest number game allows is the next darkest.. No big deal though :) I guess it's in there, I just won't bother reloading 20 times to figure out which one it is..

Got a few more mods with issues with this one. My son likes to see the character, so I've been using the "3rd person" mod, but this mod doesn't understand contractor mod and shows in game character no matter which one you're controlling. And then there's the Cowboy Hat mod, that doesn't let me configure the hat to only be on the main character :)

Finally added a passenger seat to my F100 pickup too. Managed to get it working after unpacking mod and add it to xml file within the mod. Tried to get it working within savegame, but didn't find a way to do it.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello humbe,
For adding passengers you can put them in the ContractorMod.xml file that is in modsSettings folder so if ContractorMod is updated you won't lose your changes.
About incompatible mods you mention, I don't play with them so I didn't check and tried to find a fix. Not sure it's possible for all of them.
moreRealistic fan !
humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeah... Sounds like 3rd person and cowboy hat would need to be contractor mod aware to make that work...

I haven't tried modsettings yet.. Tried contractormod.xml in savegame dir but didn't get that to work.. But as long as I have one option that works, that's enough for me :D I'll see if I get modSettings to work so I can zip that mod back up :)

Thanks for the reply, and great work..

Too bad the game didn't implement more character models though. Strange when all family members are different races.. Maybe I should make 4 equal looking dudes and call them blackshirt, blueshirt, redshirt and whiteshirt and say that the family was cloned :)
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

humbe wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:56 pm Messed around a bit with the mod settings to try and get one of the characters looking equal to the character I created for the game.
I've just always made characters how I want them to look in a different save game and then copied the settings over to the contractormod.xml in the savegame. That saves a lot of trial and error. But it is true... having some sort of in-game interface to edit the number and looks of additional characters would certainly make the mod more accessible to a lot of people who don't want to go messing about in savegame files.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Yes plan was to be able to reuse the default panel to customize the player but I'm not sure it's possible and coding a new one would take a lot of time.
moreRealistic fan !
humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeah.. But a static image on the web with pictures of the faces and colors and the like tagged with the appropriate index would be as good.. But I managed to mostly guess the indexes from the in game screen so it worked out ok anyhow.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Anyone else had an issue with non-active contractors in view, not in a vehicle, that vibrates back and forth quickly? It doesn't happen all the time but fairly often to one of the 3 inactive I have.. Differs who.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Yep, I have the same.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)