ContractorMod

pumpkinpatch

ContractorMod

Post by pumpkinpatch »

I just wanted to leave a quick thank you to the modder yumi for the ContractorMod. I noticed that it doesn't have a very good rating in the modhub, which I really don't understand. I guess it may be a bit difficult for some to use because you have to edit the actual files to change the characters, but other than that it works great.

I'm using it to roleplay a little family of 3 who run the farm together. And since it makes no sense to pay an hourly wage to family members, I used Seasons to set the worker wage to 0. It's really perfect. I even roleplay the higher expenses of having to support 3 people by increasing the daily maintenance cost of the farmhouse. I hardly ever used workers before just because I somehow hate seeing the money trickle away, but now I can have 3 tractors running at the same time without having to think about whether it makes sense financially. This way it also finally makes sense to have more tractors, seeders, etc on the farm.

So thanks yumi!
ThatCanadianGuy

Re: ContractorMod

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I really like it also. I find it a lot more realistic to be limited to 5 people, like our farm was, and to have to manage moving people around to equipment if it is left somewhere other than the main yard. Of course if I have learned anything those are also reasons why others would hate it. lol

My only issue with it is if you have someone outside a vehicle when saving the game their name stays in the place until I close and start a new game.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

It's one of those mods I keep telling myself that I'll use ... when the farm is up and running, when the glitches (in my oepration) are smoothed out ...

... and then another map arrives and I'm off again!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello,

Thanks a lot guys for these nice feedbacks. I guess the bad rating is because I first published the mod too soon with remaining bugs so people gave bad note and I think also some people don't understand how it works as they are too used to vanilla way of playing.
I should have made a video to explain as I did on previous version.
I still find bugs like the saving one you mentioned and I'll try to fix it.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

yumi wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:59 pm Hello,

Thanks a lot guys for these nice feedbacks. I guess the bad rating is because I first published the mod too soon with remaining bugs so people gave bad note and I think also some people don't understand how it works as they are too used to vanilla way of playing.
I should have made a video to explain as I did on previous version.
I still find bugs like the saving one you mentioned and I'll try to fix it.
I love it. Been using it since first release. I have my family of four configured.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who likes it. Please do keep up the good work, yumi!

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:18 pm In addition to my farm family I've added a couple store employees for deliveries, repairs, and some spraying
That's a good idea. I may have to steal it.
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I'll be honest, I looked at this mod briefly but then passed it up. I suppose because I didn't fully understand what it would bring to my game. But after reading this post, I think I'll have to give it a try!
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello,
I have been reported that there is an issue with Contractor Mod and Manure System that can crash the game.
I'm having a look to see how to fix the issue and propose an update.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
rothamar

Post by rothamar »

This is one of the mods that I don't play without. The added realism is fantastic. I'm going to have to try out the wage thing you did. In my game, it's a father-son operation and another I had a larger operation with farmhands. I may look into 'paying a salary' rather than the hourly wage.
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

yumi wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:04 pm Hello,
I have been reported that there is an issue with Contractor Mod and Manure System that can crash the game.
I'm having a look to see how to fix the issue and propose an update.
I haven't tried out the Manure System yet, but it's awesome that you keep maintaining the mod. I also noticed that you fixed the saving bug a while ago *thumbsup*

rothamar wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:17 pm This is one of the mods that I don't play without. The added realism is fantastic. I'm going to have to try out the wage thing you did. In my game, it's a father-son operation and another I had a larger operation with farmhands. I may look into 'paying a salary' rather than the hourly wage.
Let me know if you want some help with the Seasons code to change the wages.
Bram83

Post by Bram83 »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:32 pm I just wanted to leave a quick thank you to the modder yumi for the ContractorMod. I noticed that it doesn't have a very good rating in the modhub, which I really don't understand. I guess it may be a bit difficult for some to use because you have to edit the actual files to change the characters, but other than that it works great.

I'm using it to roleplay a little family of 3 who run the farm together. And since it makes no sense to pay an hourly wage to family members, I used Seasons to set the worker wage to 0. It's really perfect. I even roleplay the higher expenses of having to support 3 people by increasing the daily maintenance cost of the farmhouse. I hardly ever used workers before just because I somehow hate seeing the money trickle away, but now I can have 3 tractors running at the same time without having to think about whether it makes sense financially. This way it also finally makes sense to have more tractors, seeders, etc on the farm.

So thanks yumi!

where can you set the worker wage to 0, i also play as a family but dont use hiring workes because you say, losing money.

grts
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Bram83 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:52 pm where can you set the worker wage to 0, i also play as a family but dont use hiring workes because you say, losing money.

grts
In the Seasons mod folder, go to the folder 'data' and then find the xml file called 'economy'. In this file, one of the first lines reads something like this:

Code: Select all

<ai workdayStart="6" workdayEnd="18" workdayPay="2985" overtimePay="7865" />
Just change the workdayPay and overtimePay values to 0, so it reads like this:

<ai workdayStart="6" workdayEnd="18" workdayPay="0" overtimePay="0" />
To edit the xml file, you'll have to first copy it somewhere else (like your desktop), then change it, and then copy it back and overwrite the original.

Hope this helps.
Bram83

Post by Bram83 »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:51 pm
Bram83 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:52 pm where can you set the worker wage to 0, i also play as a family but dont use hiring workes because you say, losing money.

grts
In the Seasons mod folder, go to the folder 'data' and then find the xml file called 'economy'. In this file, one of the first lines reads something like this:

To edit the xml file, you'll have to first copy it somewhere else (like your desktop), then change it, and then copy it back and overwrite the original.

Hope this helps.
ok thank you
rothamar

Post by rothamar »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:51 pm

grts

Hope this helps.
That's awesome!! Thanks so much! Is there a way to have a flat daily rate to mimic a salary type pay instead of hourly?
humbe

Post by humbe »

rothamar wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:58 pm That's awesome!! Thanks so much! Is there a way to have a flat daily rate to mimic a salary type pay instead of hourly?
What about increasing maintenance of farm house to include it? It sounds like expenses for family anyhow. Though a bit sad it'll show up as property maintenance in game.