Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Console Player - Yes
13%
Console Player - No
28%
PC/MAC Player - Yes
8%
PC/MAC Player - No
51%

Total votes: 360

Mwal

Re: Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Post by Mwal »

No the only non modded thing I use is a tedder.
drdiesel53037

Post by drdiesel53037 »

No, PC modding is what is keeping this game afloat. The quality of in game equipment is lacking, and the lack of US style mods including maps is deplorable. Might want to consider doing a Farming Simulator Euro and a Farming Simulator America. Stop releasing Beta Games to the public and focus on Perfecting the Base Game and DLC content before moving on. We would still play if a bit more focus was put into the North American Market for Mods and Maps. Seasons should be in base game, the equipment wear that we have currently along with GPS and ability to buy used equipment of the bat. I was happy to see John Deere join 19. The lack of American style equipment and maps should be a focus going forward, I have logged 1500 plus hours and still enjoy the game. Just need to listen to and promote Modding and be accountable to the same standards that you set forth to the modding community.
JayC

Post by JayC »

Mods are the only thing that keeps this game alive. It would be dead, buried and decomposed without mods. I didn't even start playing FS19 until Marwell Manor came out. I hated the two stock maps this time around. I liked Goldcrest in FS17, so I had considerable time there. I hated Bjornholm in FS15. Hagenstedt in FS2013 was pretty good, and I also really liked Westbridge Hills. I even liked the FS2011 default map. But man, mod maps are where it's at. Without them I couldn't keep playing this game (in any version mentioned earlier). Mappers are what keep this game alive for me. I like other mods, too, but I do use Giants models a lot. I'm using a number of American edits of Giants models on Lone Oak, and I'm having a blast. Most of my mods come from the Mod Hub or Yesmods. Scripts are what really change the game. I use a good number of them. Some are small that improve the quality of life. And some... well... don't even really need mentioning [cough] Seasons [cough], because we all know how vital that mod is to the game's longevity. lol No matter what mixture of mods I use, this game would be dead without them. My mods folder is currently at 10.5 GB. I definitely voted no in the poll above.
ThatRamLife

Post by ThatRamLife »

I play on console and only started playing because of watching videos of streamers and all the interesting things that they do with mods.h
How ever I’m already bored of the game because the console version of the game is just plain dull. Some mods are key to playing the game and help make the game entertaining
JimmytheGeek

Post by JimmytheGeek »

Nope. No point for Farmers outside of the EU to even look at this without mods. Giants' map makers have no clue about how farmers in the Americas look and work, and nearly all of Giants' vehicles are completely Euro-spec and only half-heartedly "Americanized." This game lacks basic features, such as multi-angle terrain, seasons, and many, many others that are provided only through mods. And as a former console player, don't get me started on the asinine slot system.

The game engine is tired and worn out, with only tweaks to the shaders to make it look pretty. Forcing modders to relearn the modding system every couple of years is definitely a discouragement to all who have modded for the game, some since the beginning. Honestly, if you want to keep this game going, you need to quit this practice, and also release the scripting documentation much sooner so the modders can get to the business of improving your product for free.
Farmsimgod

Post by Farmsimgod »

Hell yes I would I have been playing farm sim since it first came to console back in 2013 on xbox 360 before there were mods and it was a great game and same with fs 15 and 17 and now 19
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

No chance, I'm very pro farm sim! But as a Console player I'll 100% agree with PC players. No mods, no game(beyond a day). Console players get a bad rep, I put it as 1 bad seed ruins it for everyone.

I dont beg or ask for mods, I'm happy with what we get without complaints, ya sure I have a preference and there are things I hope comes to console still. But if they dont I move on. All mods are useful, weather its 3m width or 12m width. If I dont like it or dont use it I dont download it.

I'm a usa midwestern player, so in my eyes the more modders, gamers, and Giants work as a group together. The better the game will become.

As of now I might sit on 19 for a bit. The mods are amazing and keep growing. Custom Modding has been an absolute stud with their work among many other modders.

Fs 21 has some big shoes to fill and unless Giants decides to listen to its gamers, an especially its modders, 21 will be a dud. An with the new systems coming out in 2020. They need to come out with a HUGE step forward.

But anyways. From the console community, I start with thanking Giants, your creation brings me a joy and an ability to act like a kid, which we all need more of. Finally, I want to say thank you modders, you are why I play this game continuously. Your work is very appreciated and Giants needs to bring you guys in for future releases of the game. If it wasnt for you this game with be no different then any sports game.

Thank you!!!!
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

thats gonna be a no from me dawg
DoranS

Post by DoranS »

Nope, in fact, I haven't actually played since 2018. I've just been lurking waiting for Seasons to be available on console. Seasons on FS17 was such a game changer, that I couldn't fathom playing vanilla again. Then when Seasons wasn't built into the FS19. It was such a let down.
Hellraiser 760

Post by Hellraiser 760 »

I voted console “yes” because I enjoy the game. However, I would not have put as many hours that I have without mods. Mods make the game fresh and prevent a staleness from the game.
Platform - Xbox One
Dannymac2291

Post by Dannymac2291 »

No, the game would not be as good without mods

Console player
FarmerNobby2008

Post by FarmerNobby2008 »

the only reason why Faming Simulator Series got so damn big and so successful is because of the great modding capability, no other Farming Simulator game has it, many have tried and failed … there is maybe one other Farming Simulator game out there that has the potential to become the second in line and that would be CNC and those guys have really deserved a chance … Mods make and keep the game interesting and it keeps them from becoming boring with the time … that's why Giants should keep a healthy relationship with the modding community ...
NorthernFarmer

Post by NorthernFarmer »

Not a hope , the base game would be a steam sale game and those base maps are awful !
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

100% no.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

When I started playing FS2011 (and largely FS2013) I used no mods at all and still enjoyed it, however without mods in FS19 I would now get very bored very quickly and I doubt I'd buy future games as a result.

The in-game maps, while much improved with FS19, just don't lend themselves to longevity with their uniform fields and openness. That's where mods (particularly maps) excel, and while I use 80%+ in-game equipment, mod maps and script mods like Follow Me and Seasons are essential to the life of the game and, not wanting to sound overly dramatic, but to the continued interest in the franchise as a whole.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who play without mods at all (or even know they exist) but for most of us mods are an absolute requirement to keep the game feeling fresh.

Without mods I'm sure FS would continue to gain new players, but how many of new and existing players would stick around for the next version and the one after that?

So I voted "no". I'd possibly still buy the next game, but almost certainly not the one after that.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.