Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Console Player - Yes
13%
Console Player - No
28%
PC/MAC Player - Yes
8%
PC/MAC Player - No
51%

Total votes: 360

FarmBoss

Re: Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Post by FarmBoss »

Nope. The game would have faded from existence years ago without mods. Without something to look forward to, most people would probably get tired of the game within a few days/weeks (before game breaking bugs are even fixed). Those people would not bother with any new versions.
To survive, Giants would have to start actually listening to their players and add requested features. Given their track record of listening to customers in the past, they are not likely to start any time soon. Without the modders keeping them afloat, FS would be no different than any of the other farming games.
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

I'm on console and I would still play without mods because it's super chill. I got into farm sim with 13 because of farm sim, there isn't any specific piece of equipment I would want to use. Maybe 1 which I have in 13 and 17. It's nice to have something different once in a while, but at the end of the day there really isn't much of a change. And to a degree i agree, if it took free 3rd party content to enjoy a 1st party game, I wouldn't put any money into that game. I would look for a free 3rd party game instead.

Small down side to the vote though, is if everyone that could vote did, you'd only get 15 to 25% of the total player base.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Seeing as the game has been out for 13 months and in that time Giants have made zero attempts to update it and add any new Gameplay Aspects to the game, meaning there is nothing new or different a player jumping into the game today for the first time can do that those of us who bought and have played the game since release can. Sure Giants released some DLC which added some new models, but nothing that added new Gameplay mechanics or anything of real substance.

So no I'm going to say without Mods there is no way I'd have 1849 hours and climbing in this game. I'd have been done and gone after my first let's play series on Estancia Lapacho (I never even bothered with Ravenport or Felsbrunn as those maps *censored*). Without good Mod Maps to play, and the fact that on PC with the power of the internet, we had mods available to download and play with only a couple of days after the game came out, that's what gives the game it's longevity.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
ryankd233

Post by ryankd233 »

Nope. I can't run combine, grain cart, and truck at the same time. No Courseplay, no game.
Robsimo

Post by Robsimo »

No I’m a console player
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I voted “yes” because I mostly use in-game equipment.

But... the maps...
Without the mod maps it wouldn’t be the same. I really didn’t enjoy the game before the mod maps came out. Ravenport I’ve never played on. And Fellsbrun I didn’t enjoy really
Ignorance is bliss
squerble

Post by squerble »

Likewise, I use almost all vanilla equipment, but it's the mod maps that do it for me, as well as a few gameplay elements like Seasons, FollowMe and Guidance Steering. Without these, the game would not be getting played.

I really want more crops in FS21, it's getting a bit stale. Even though the mechanics on new crops would be largely the same (adding in peas and lentils etc to more accurately mimic Welker, for example), it's still something new. This kind of thing needs to be in the base game, IMO.
Simon Kent Williams

Post by Simon Kent Williams »

no ,without mods the game would become stale very quickly .
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

It's great to see a good response to this poll so far and some very good points have been made and also that it remains civil, let's hope it continues.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I've been playing since fs13, I would be still playing if there was no mods but limited.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Something similar Giants posted 1 hour ago on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/giants.farming ... 6190598778
The Gamer recently wrote about 10 reasons why the Farming Simulator series is so successful.
Why? Its simple, because of all those great modders, thats why the game is so successful.
Would the game be so successful if there are no mods? :?:

I would play FS for maybe 2-3 hours without mods and then uninstall.
The problem is, even with all mods, game becomes boring after some time (at least for me), once you start making some serious money and have all you want.
The reason to play a game is either competition or progression (some people play for Roleplaying only)...without those, i lose an interest in a game.
Some random events, flat tires, broken engine, flooded fields because of too much rain so u lose crops, would make game more interesting and challenging...but these things are more for discussion in FS21 thread.
So yeah, i would not play without mods, thats for sure.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I must admit one thing that has given me a bit of a re-energisation playing FS19, when I started getting a little tired and down on it, was making the decision to start doing some Multiplayer stuff back in the Summer which I continued on with and still do. Normally for me, when it comes to video games, I'm a strict no multi-player kind of person and would never want to play a game with people I didn't know in real life. Yet for some reason Farming Simulator appealed to me to give it ago. Okay it helped that a Twitch Streamer reached out to me and asked if I wanted to participate on his Multiplayer Server, that allowed me to get a good education and understanding of the multiplayer aspect of the game. Then the IT Guy and Modder in me, decided hey why don't I setup my own dedicated server and host my own maps and saves. So I've been doing that, which gives a nice change of pace from single player farming. Being able to see other farmers in game going about their work, and being able to interact and communicate with them at the same time makes it so much more fun.

One thing I think I'd love to see eventually in the Farming Simulator series is the ability when playing single player, to see the AI farmers out and about on the maps, working their fields and stuff to give maps that much more natural and lived in feel.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

You only have to cast your mind back to fs19 release, we all came from a heavily modded fs17 to vanilla fs19 and boy was I disappointed, I couldn’t believe I just bought a new FS that wasn’t even close to the one it was supposed to replace and when I mentioned it here or there I was called a spoilt child, now this vote shows exactly what people really thought of fs19 when it was released but you darnt of mentioned it at the time, the game reminds me of them build it yourself guitars you buy on eBay, giants supplied the game engine then the modders made the game for us, we are using their modded machinery to play on their modded maps...although one thing giants have done is the placable and landscape feature which I think are excellent
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

No.
  • The game is straight up missing some types of equipment and filled out lines of equipment
  • There are only 3 Giants maps
  • There are several game mechanics that are missing and mods are needed to fix this.
Mods are so important to this game that I am fairly sure I'm not getting FS21 for at least a year unless certain things are included in the base game.
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Yes, I would still play it. Had a lot of hours on Felsbrunn when FS19 just came out and had an awesome run without mods.
When I first bought FS17, I didn't even know about mods available for it ans played for months without them and had a blast.