Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Console Player - Yes
13%
Console Player - No
28%
PC/MAC Player - Yes
8%
PC/MAC Player - No
51%

Total votes: 359

Lygge

Re: Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Post by Lygge »

Heh, Whence such of discussion has drop? Of course every play wants to move on. Rather I be astonished that the mods are free. Sims 4 has stuff bags and you can buy them, you will get more scope and features.
Playing at PC via Origin
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Speaking as a console player I would still play but to be honest I wouldn't play nearly as much as I do with mods, the game would get quite boring/repetitive without mods to spice up the game ever now and then. I think I would play the full extent of what the base game has to offer then quit, maybe returning for a bit once a good sized DLC drops. Would I continue buying Farming simulator without mods honestly yes but not brand new 60 bucks for what the game contains wouldn't be worth it. 60 bucks is only worth it currently due to the mods, you get more than what you pay for (Thanks to the modders who makes mods) point being is if mod didn't exist on this game I would still buy it and play it but only when it's on sale and playtime probably wouldn't exceed 1000 hours, depends on how long it would take to own all the best equipment/land on the base maps. Not to fault Giants on anything the game is great and I really believe Giants can improve upon the game to change my opinion on this. *thumbsup*
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Samsonite365

Post by Samsonite365 »

I am a PC player. Personally I would probably stop playing FS all together if no mods.
wombles

Post by wombles »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:09 pm I think the issue here is their are players from different ends of the playing spectrum. Neither of you are right and neither of you are wrong, you just have very different requirements you want from the game to be able to enjoy it.

Restricting gameplay aspects hurts both players.

The issue we currently have is GIANTS do keep the game very basic to please the arcade players, but for the most part leave it to the modders to bring in the realism side of things.

With it getting harder and harder to mod and taking more time, the game for a lot of players only really gets to it's best about 6 months before the next version is released.

Myself I have carried on with Fs17 and it's been surprising what more possibilities that game had, but with Fs19 out it does take away some of the shine from it.
But playing catch up every 2 years is massively frustrating. Having to work out all the changes yourself with little or no help.

If GIANTS continue to stick to this 2 year dev cycle and still want modders to be able to keep pumping out mods to keep a wider and the more realistic playerbase involved with the game then more information and help is needed from GIANTS to help speed up that process. Instead of leaving it to a handful of modders to work it out on there own.

Personally it seems in the best interest of everyone if GIANTS and modders work closer together as that way there is a wider variety of players that will enjoy the game which means more sales of the game and DLCs for GIANTS. It's a win win...
Well said Bill, I only play online most Friday nights with a few friends on console (and most importantly my pal Guinness ;) ) And I know they wouldn't want the game getting more realistic, don't think I would either to be honest. Most of my play time comes from the PC (master race :lol: ), I like being able to choose my realism level after all it's a game, I think Giants has that part nailed down pretty well, just leave it to the modders to bring the better parts to the game.

Your also spot on with them needing to be engaging more with modders, after all they are heavily dependant on them. Giants two year cycle is a farce, FS19 is only starting too walk.
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

Samsonite365 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:48 pm I am a PC player. Personally I would probably stop playing FS all together if no mods.
You will try to stop I guess. However, the truth is thaat we all in here fs-player are somewhat game addicted. And more or less dependent on each other. But we are not any fool crew :-D
Playing at PC via Origin
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I would play without mods.. I started 15 on console without mods and thats what hooked me.. I often play games involving machinery without mods.. I dont even use mods on ats.. I dont need a particular brand or anything.. I just like operating the machines.. thats my fix
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I think it does depend on the map. I started on Xbox when FS19 was brand new on Ravenport and yeah it was ok. I don't think I could stick it out on Ravenport now without a few choice mods, such as Follow Me and Place Anywhere.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:38 pm I would play without mods.. I started 15 on console without mods and thats what hooked me.. I often play games involving machinery without mods.. I dont even use mods on ats.. I dont need a particular brand or anything.. I just like operating the machines.. thats my fix
Same here. I got FS15 and had it on console. I just like the gameplay in general, the equipment never bothered me too much even though I prefer US. I still go back and play on my old savegames, which didn’t really make any progress since 17 came out two weeks after I bought 15 :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
PrincessJessi84

exactly Dairydeere.. in fact... I didnt get "bored" of 15 until I started watching vids of 17 and I got jealous of things like tip anywhere and the placeables system.. same thing happened with 17 vs 19 except it happened earlier as I knew most of what to expect from 19 and I got super excited way too early lol.. I cant go backwards tho.. I have tried.. 17 is hard.. 15 is impossible.. I tried one time a bit back and the moment it yanked my tractor to the plow and broke all my farmers bones with the g-force, I quit lol

edit - I should note that 17 is still a fine game.. the only reason I have a hard time playing it is because so many of my personal wants were brought to bare in fs19.. its literally almost exactly the game I was hoping for even without mods.. anything else is just icing on the cake which is kind of how I view mods.. I get to have my fs19 cake, covered with sweet icing mods AND then I get to eat it
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

You probably have a hard time going back because you have all the mods that came with 17. I have yet to get a PC and get the bonus mods like Follow Me, Courseplay, etc. I still play console, and I haven’t made the upgrade to 17. The only things I think 19 has over 17 is 1) Graphics, 2) More brands, namely JD (my favorite), 3) Mods. I really start drooling over 19 and PC mods when I watch YT (Daggerwin, for example), but then I go back to 17 and completely forget all about it. But nothing will ever beat farming IRL.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
PrincessJessi84

maybe.. but even on pc.. in 17 I really didnt use much with heavy scripting.. follow me and seasons are staples for me.. but as a small farmer, I dont find much use for things like courseplay or any of those other AI things.. If I wanted to just manage the farm, I would fire up farm manager 2018 u know? and some of the other really nice realism mods like the MR mods really hurt the ability to use tiny tractors and stuff so I had a harder time really finding it useful in a fun way for 17.. but 19 kinda added a touch of that with better physics, acceleration and things like that
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
PrincessJessi84

as for equipment mods.. potatoes pototoes... in the end it really doesnt matter to me.. in fact.. i prefer 19 vehicles in the base game in most cases.. the older equipment lineup is a bit wanting but otherwise the models are fantastic and for the most part, work as intended and the actual lineup is HUGE
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

If Giant were to say there will be no more mods in future game's that would be it for me, I would happily play the older titles and not look back, Giants would be dead to me.
Mbrownjr66101

Post by Mbrownjr66101 »

No, honestly I love the game but if modding wasn't an option I realistically would not pay full price when the games came out, I would wait until the price was reduced before I bought it. In my opinion I believe the amount of gameplay logged on my system would be drastically reduced especially as a PC player and after the next new game without mods I would probably become bored and not buy anymore in the series.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I almost feel like Giants has the price where it is with the knowledge that mods will go out (which is why they set up Modhub) so they know people are paying for more than what they originally receive.

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!