Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Console Player - Yes
13%
Console Player - No
28%
PC/MAC Player - Yes
8%
PC/MAC Player - No
51%

Total votes: 360

Gutshallfarmer2010

Re: Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Post by Gutshallfarmer2010 »

Yes but would more frequently if the had an all American version with American equipment.
Duramax77

Post by Duramax77 »

Honestly I would probably not it gets old without mods. I love the things some of the modders make. It makes the game so much funnier.
Senderrr

Post by Senderrr »

Nope.
TooTall069

Post by TooTall069 »

I would play the game without mods if giants would add the option to there equipment to change it from Euro set up to American. If modders can do it I don't see why they can't add it as a base game option.
bandit12quantz

Post by bandit12quantz »

Mike3650 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:52 pm Interested to know how important mods are to Farm Sim players and would you still play Farm Sim if there weren't mods?
no. with mods it make farming Sim on pc better and you get to have things you want.
Whyworryfarming

Post by Whyworryfarming »

Mods are the ONLY reason I play this game. I’ve been wanting to say this for a long time..... so here goes... giants had better thank god every day and night for modders THEY are the reason giants are who they are. They are the reason the big shots at giants can afford big houses, nice cars, and go on big vacations! The vanilla game is garbage it hasn’t changed a whole lot since 2015. They are the reason people buy there game. And for anyone that disagrees go delete every mod/map you have and play on freaking felsburn and let me know how fast you get bored.... don’t worry I’ll wait......I’ll go one step further and say they should offer some of the bigger modders a job and incorporate there mods into the base game. That would sky rocket sales. Rant over.
Hogger

Post by Hogger »

Speaking of mods, they seem to be rather lacking today! Guess they should have read this thread!
razorbackfarmer09

Post by razorbackfarmer09 »

I voted no. I love the game but the mods make playing the game more fun. I would begin to get bored after a while without mods. I do wish we could get an auto-load for logs and a TMR/Pig Food Mill.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

For myself when I started playing Farm Sim I only played on the base maps and default equipment.
At that point I did enjoy the game, but as time went by the game quickly lost its appeal and was becoming boring.
I then found FS-UK and the world of mods and modding.

My favourite part of Farm Sim has always been about the maps. You can have all the equipment you want, yet if you don't have a map that you enjoy the game with, it will quickly get boring.
Maps should take me away from my day and make me feel immersed in somewhere that is beautiful, and relaxing to look at. Kinda like a virtual holiday.

The more variety of mod maps we have the better the game is, the longer the enjoyment is for everyone, plus it is a way for the game to be able to cater for players from all parts of the Earth. Which in turn is more likely to increase the sales of the base game to a wider playerbase.

I would hope that GIANTS see the benefit of what mod maps bring to their game. Sadly I am not sure they do.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
DelTraco

Post by DelTraco »

Mods in the game just keep the game evolving not saying the game *censored* with out mods but I would probably quit gaming all together after a few hours at first like I've stopped playing other titles like horizon 4, bo4, nfs heat.. this is the only game I actually am excited to play because mods make this a game changer Game. Mods make this more than just a game. Mods add diversity to the game and that makes this a game for every one.
Nick H

Post by Nick H »

NO
Smithboys

Post by Smithboys »

No. I like the different vehicles and equipment that others think of. Yes it would be nice for some of the pc vehicles but I get it.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

I voted no.

The reason is because I have always played the game with them, and I don't think I could go back to a totally vanilla game. Maybe that's me being spoilt, I'm not sure lol. I love FS19, don't get me wrong, but the mods make it just that bit more special.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
JTA91

Post by JTA91 »

Its a hard no for me without mods. I am in America and about 2% of in machines are even remotely similar to what we use over here. A TON of only 6M or smaller width tools are useless to us. I understand this is an european game, but at the same time for the American/basically non euro players, it gets super old very quick. A huge positive step for Giants is to offer a euro/non euro configuration for all main vehicles like combines and tractors, even if its as simple as being able to remove the red white stripe placcards, and add duals options for all machines or not. Trust me, if Giants reads my post, please take this seriously, this and adding as much customizations as possible will sell you more games. The placcards on the machines for us American players are a HUGE sore thumb for us, and make the machines unuseable. I use the wilson grain trailers and the warrior semi, thats literally the ONLY in game machines i use. The Deere S790 Banded duals are incorrect and just look out of place. If fs 21 does not have more base game American machines, i see no reason to buy it unless better mods come. Take a look at any American mods and look at the download numbers like the case ih 240 US Series, case ih Steiger US Series and the Magnum 340/380 US series, how many downloads do those have? Youll appeal to more players over here and sell more games if you give this attention. For maps, im not the biggest fan of the vanilla maps, but if i have the equipment i enjoy its not as important. Im sorry for the ranting, but i genuinely love and care about this game series, its my favorite game to play, so im being honest and thorough.👍thank you!
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I would still play. It's a very relaxing game in bare vanilla. I might even stick with one map if new maps aren't being released every week lol.