Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Console Player - Yes
13%
Console Player - No
28%
PC/MAC Player - Yes
8%
PC/MAC Player - No
51%

Total votes: 359

CowsGoMoo

Re: Would you still play Farm Sim without mods?

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I say yes and no. I don't count the dlc as mods and the official giants mods on modhub I don't look at qs normal mods because they all could just as easily be, and probably would be, free add-on dlc content if there were no 3rd party mods.

With that said however I agree the game needs mod maps. I only started with 17 (and now 19) but no base game map has kepy my interest. I do have something like 86 hours on Goldcrest, ONLY because I working to get all the trophies on the game before 19 came out. It took something like 2 months and I did cheat in money to help.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
razorbackfarmer09

Post by razorbackfarmer09 »

Probably not. I enjoy new stuff to keep the game interesting.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Whyworryfarming wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:47 pm Mods are the ONLY reason I play this game. I’ve been wanting to say this for a long time..... so here goes... giants had better thank god every day and night for modders THEY are the reason giants are who they are. They are the reason the big shots at giants can afford big houses, nice cars, and go on big vacations! The vanilla game is garbage it hasn’t changed a whole lot since 2015. They are the reason people buy there game. And for anyone that disagrees go delete every mod/map you have and play on freaking felsburn and let me know how fast you get bored.... don’t worry I’ll wait......I’ll go one step further and say they should offer some of the bigger modders a job and incorporate there mods into the base game. That would sky rocket sales. Rant over.
Spot on! I said the same thing about mods when FS17 first came out, that was the first year that the PC players and the Console players were lumped together with each other,(A bad day in history in my opinion.)
I said that the game would be nothing without the mods, and I received nothing but abuse from the Console players because they did not know any better at that time. But the big problem that faces PC players is that Giants want to discourage moders from making scripted mods because they can't port them over to the Console's
Rylan54663!!$

Post by Rylan54663!!$ »

No because I still want more mods like a Used equipment store and more trucks on console so please send this and repost this so it happens soon and so modders can make this happen
John Deere 86

Post by John Deere 86 »

As a console player no, yes the mods gives a wider range of equipment to the game, it also can help players from all experience levels a chance to enjoy the game, plus with only 2 base game maps, a very small amount of machines, equipment, even farm buildings the game has greatly improved with the amount of mods
DrDrulia

Post by DrDrulia »

asyvan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:58 pm Yes
But not even close to the 1000+ hours I have on FS19 now. That is because of mods.
Almost 3k hours only mods keep it going.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I wonder if there was no mods would giants put in more effort with the game knowing what would happen if they didn’t , giants making seasons ouch
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Well I'm finally going to have a go at Lone Oak but after reading this post I've decided to go with base game kit & no mods , think I'm going to enjoy this ,..............
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

I voted yes, but I wouldn't buy a future version that didn't have mods and if FS19 didn't have mods then I'd have played it far, far less than I have (currently 2472 hours). The base game is still good, but it needs mods. Giants would have to massively invest in expanding the game themselves if there were no mods because so much of what makes the game so good is down to mods.
Eonellivlem

Post by Eonellivlem »

NO...
Ironically it'll be the mods which stop me from buying FS21. I've only been here for 17 and 19 and I'm already seeing a pattern which i'm sick of.
Giants release new game, mods trickle in over the months and game becomes great. Giants release new game and I have to wait again for pretty much what I had in the previous version. It's a cycle that infuriates me.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Yeah I bought 19 at launch and if I had known I probably would have gotten 17 first. I won't be rushing to get 21 at launch if it's within 2020.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I won’t want to get the new game at launch, but I’ll probably watch some streams. And “have” to get it. I think that Giants could benefit from a three year cycle with a lot of good DLC’s thrown in there.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Don't you think this 2 year cycle burns off modders quicker too. As soon as they get something done, they will be re doing everything again for the next version of the game.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 »

Not at all. Without mods your game would tank, you don't even improve the game with each new version. The render distance in this game is horrible, the graphics would look amazing on ps2. You guys rely heavily on modders making your game great and all without paying them a dime. No mods means no buying this game for me
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

the engine is old!!!