Next Update maybe last update...

cwattyeso

Re: Next Update maybe last update...

Post by cwattyeso »

Oats and Cotton were in the game when it released. The bio baler for poplar is a mod. You clearly didn't understand what I said. Giants added nothing new to game after release, no new crops, new new equipment for those crops. If you bought the game a year ago, or whether you buy the game for the first time today, it's exactly the same game. Someone only buying and playing the game today, gets nothing extra or additional to the person who bought the game the first day it came out.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:38 pm They added in the John Deere cotton dlc for cotton that was new to this game. Oh you want free stuff, good thing you are on pc and can get all the free stuff you want.
Yeah but it's a just a mod, they could have released that on the ModHub. It's not like the Cotton DLC added cotton to the game. Cotton was already in the game when it released with the Case Cotton Harvester and the equipment needed to move and sell the bales. I'm not saying I want free stuff at all, I'm saying I would have liked to see Giants add more gameplay stuff over the course of the year following release, to give players more to do and give those players who maybe don't get the game the day it releases, to jump in down the road and buy it. I think people who maybe didn't buy FS19 at launch who were kind of on the fence and felt it didn't offer much of an upgrade from FS17, probably 12 months on still feel that way and would struggle to see what's different between FS19 in December 2018 and FS19 in December 2019.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

eric21

Post by eric21 »

Wind screen wipers?
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the poplar bio baler isnt a mod
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

It could well have been though Princess Jessi, as could every other item in that Anderson Pack. Baling was not a new mechanic to the game, they were just additional equipment to do baling with.

Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I believe the hang up here is the definition of new features. For example, some people will say that the bio baler is a new feature since in the base game you couldn’t bale populars and others will say not. I do t think anyone here is gonna change anyone’s minds about that so it’s probably best to agree to disagree.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:45 pm Oats and Cotton were in the game when it released. The bio baler for poplar is a mod. You clearly didn't understand what I said. Giants added nothing new to game after release, no new crops, new new equipment for those crops.
You don't understand. The cotton dlc did add new equipment for the new crop cotton. The bio baler added to populars. Those are just examples of new equipment, which you said they didn't add. Yes, you have to buy the dlc, but that is the price to get them. Oats doesn't take special equipment to take care of them. What kind of equipment for those two crops do you want?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I meant new equipment for whole new crops or gameplay mechanics Illinois, that you couldn't do without that DLC. Adding the Bio Baler or the Cotton DLC didn''t add anything you couldn't do without it. It's not as though without the Cotton DLC you couldn't grow or harvest cotton, because you could, an honestly you are probably better off doing it in game still with the Case Harvester and that due to the difference in bale sizes. The Bio Baler although a nice little machine for Poplars, didn't really change much for people who were already used to doing the Poplars with a Forage Harvester that again was bigger, faster and had better capacity.

There was not a single thing in any of the DLC released by Giants this year, that you couldn't do in game at launch with the default vanilla base game equipment or vehicles. All the DLC was basically cosmetic stuff, that could have easily been released on the ModHub. I mean just look at those bale forks in the Cotton DLC, is there anything different about them really then the hundreds of bale forks we got on the modhub over the past year?

Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I would much rather see "mods" from giants released as DLC's as they don't take away from precious mod space on consoles. I still believe they should have released estancia lapacho and all the equipment we already had in FS17 that they released as some of the first mods available in FS19 as one large DLC. Call it the stuff we forgot DLC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Crazof that I do agree with that and much like they did with the Horsch and Holmer stuff which were Free DLC, a lot of the DLC they have released could also have been free "Mods". If a company is going to do paid for and charged for DLC they really need to make sure the content is an expansion and an extension of the base game. It's just my gut feeling that this year with FS19 it's the game that didn't really move forward once it released. It's not like Giants built on the platform.

I also agree that those early mods like Estancia Lapacho, The Big Buds and everything else that was a DLC for FS17, should have been a free DLC for FS19 on release day of the game, again to save on mod space and stuff for the console players. I hope Giants do something like that with FS21 as it'd make more sense, to make the FS19 stuff available in the next game.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

the Bio Baler and the JD Cotton Harvester actually did add something to the game. Anything that is a new style or a new way to do things adds to the game. I can feed horses using big hay bales or gathering up loose hay, but the small baler that some modder submitted and then was removed gived me the option to feed horses small hay bales using the UTV. It adds gameplay to other machines. Just because crops already have a way to be harvested doesn't mean adding a different way to harvest those crops doesn't add anything to the game. Different styles of gameplay gives the game options and keeps it fresh and are an expansion and extension of the base game.

If people don't think that 5 bucks is worth a JD cotton harvester, or 10 bucks is worth some hay equipment and a bio baler, or 20 bucks is worth a new brand, then don't buy it. It's your choice. This game is the only game I play, and I think they do a good job at it. I'd hand over money, monthly for DLC's if that means they are taking care of their employees.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Don't misunderstand me I handed over my money very happily for the game and it's DLC on both PC and PS4 (On PC I own it on Steam and bought the Collectors Edition) and have over 2000 hours logged in FS19. I'd have happily handed over more money had Giants released more for the game. It just seems this is the first year in the Farm Sim Franchise where the DLC didn't bring us a completely new map, crop type or crop types or something else never seen before in the series. All the DLC this year was just vehicles and equipment, which when boiled down to it were just paid for mods. The fact that the Anderson Pack, John Deere Cotton Pack and Claas Pack can be freely downloaded on mod sites for PC players proves this as despite Giants best attempts to disguise this with their .DLC file format, modders soon were able to revert that back to standard .Zip files.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

So they committed a crime... still proves the point new stuff was added. The class dlc was also different because it bought so much more equipment into the game. In my opinion, I was not disappointed there wasn't any crop or another map added. There is so many good maps out now. It will take forever to try each one. Also, you are pc, you have any crop you want available and tons more equipment.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:09 pm So they committed a crime... still proves the point new stuff was added. The class dlc was also different because it bought so much more equipment into the game. In my opinion, I was not disappointed there wasn't any crop or another map added. There is so many good maps out now. It will take forever to try each one. Also, you are pc, you have any crop you want available and tons more equipment.
Speaking of taking forever to try things, Just this past weekend, I used the John Deere cotton stripper for the first time on my map.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I said earlier we got pellets coming