Seasons question and answers thread

advantys287

Re: Seasons question and answers thread

Post by advantys287 »

Horses in Console.

I have not tried Horses on the Console but when I did it on the PC one gets paid daily with a small income. On the PC we have Horse helper as a separate Mod. The console does not have this mod. Is there any way to change the Horses to like the base game due to real time in riding them? Riding the Horses on the PC is not worth it in seasons
Coco granjero

Post by Coco granjero »

If i only put grass to the cows..... The heath down. Teach to me please
Cazzy3000

Post by Cazzy3000 »

Coco granjero wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:09 pm If i only put grass to the cows..... The heath down. Teach to me please
Grass is the minimal feed of cows using tmr (silage hay and straw) gives maximum.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

With horses in seasons if I just feed them and not exercise them do I still get an income?
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

A question about weeds in Seasons:

If I understand it correctly, the weeds can pop up at any time and they mature at midnight, right? And once they mature, they become immune to weeders. So the only way to use weeders effectively is to be patrolling your fields with them just before midnight and hope that the weeds don't pop up somewhere you don't see them (like under the field numbers in the map).

I'm trying to simulate organic farming without sprayers, and it's fair that weeds should be more frustrating for organic farmers. But the way it's currently set up, I feel it makes weeders essentially useless. I've tried a number of things, including spending way too much time throughout the day driving from one spot of weeds to the next with my weeder, and I still keep encountering patches of mature weeds where I don't know where they came from.

My questions: Am I missing something? Is there something that I got wrong? Or is there some way to change it to make it a little less frustrating? Like could one change it so they only mature after two days, or so weeders can get rid of mature weeds as well?

Many thanks!
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

I was just trying to dig through the code a bit myself and I think I may have found the issue. In the SeasonsGrowthManager file, in the function SeasonGrowthManager:onDayChanged() I found the following code:

Code: Select all

elseif fruitTypeWeed.weedMatureSoilTemp >= yesterdayMaxSoilTemp and self.environment.currentDay % 2 == 1 then
self.densityMapScanner:queueJob("Weeds", SeasonsGrowth.WEEDS_GROW)
I definitely don't know enough about the Seasons code to judge this myself, but should that >= sign maybe be a <= sign? I think the weedMatureSoilTemp is set to 10, so if I understand it correctly, this would mean that weeds currently only mature if the soil temp is below 10Celsius? Seems to me it would make more sense if they only mature if the temp is above 10Celsius. That would also make working with weeders easier.

Apologies if what I'm saying is completely wrong and thanks again for any help!
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Well, in case anyone is curious, I did a quick trial to test my idea. The result was that the weeds just didn't mature at all any more, which I guess kind of works for my purposes.
trey53

Post by trey53 »

I'm trying seasons on Westbridge Hills. I'm using Ohio geo. My air temp is 45 degrees and ground temp is 86 degrees. What could cause this? I started a new game. Thanks in advance.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

[/quote]

The geo is whack, modder a hack.
[/quote]

I found this comment intriguing enough to look more closely at this GEO.

I have to say I agree with Matty.

Winter-seeded sunflowers, soybeans, corn, and beets? In OHIO?

And to shamefully extend the rhyming scheme....

Wiggity wiggity wiggity WHACK
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I know this is stupid, but I’m terrorized by Seasons. :blushnew: One would think I’d lose my home, if I failed! I played a little Seasons in FS 17, but am wildly overwhelmed by it. I’ve been watching videos and started a map with seasons running, sowed and harvested a field, set up crop rotation on one field, but there it sits. How stupid can anyone get? It’s probably my age. Perhaps I am on the way to becoming a wilted crop! BTW, I’m 73 yr old simulation nut. Thank goodness for Mr. SealyP and Daggerwin (and others).
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:29 pm I know this is stupid, but I’m terrorized by Seasons. :blushnew: One would think I’d lose my home, if I failed! I played a little Seasons in FS 17, but am wildly overwhelmed by it. I’ve been watching videos and started a map with seasons running, sowed and harvested a field, set up crop rotation on one field, but there it sits. How stupid can anyone get? It’s probably my age. Perhaps I am on the way to becoming a wilted crop! BTW, I’m 73 yr old simulation nut. Thank goodness for Mr. SealyP and Daggerwin (and others).
:)

Feel a little like this myself! I've got a saved game on Felsbrunn that I won't be trying seasons on, but I'm having a dabble on Sussex Farm using seasons currently. I've got a snowy Geo on, and am having fun basically playing Snow Removal Simulator!

Interestingly, tried saving it whilst it was snow covered, then opened it again without seasons on - the snow is still there! If I decided I wanted to progress with seasons off permanently, how do I get rid of the snow? Is it the snowy Geo that is keeping it there?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

cedricthecat wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:35 pm If I decided I wanted to progress with seasons off permanently, how do I get rid of the snow? Is it the snowy Geo that is keeping it there?
One way that I'm pretty sure would work would be to load it with Seasons but without the Snowy Geo and wait for the snow to melt. Then load again without Seasons.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Ok I have a funny question...what happens if you merge two fields together perfectly, like two squares into one big rectangle, then seed them and sell them? Does the game still reckon them as two fields and what becomes of the middle where they were merged?

EDIT:Triangle changed to rectangle
Last edited by Vfarms on Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:58 pm
cedricthecat wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:35 pm If I decided I wanted to progress with seasons off permanently, how do I get rid of the snow? Is it the snowy Geo that is keeping it there?
One way that I'm pretty sure would work would be to load it with Seasons but without the Snowy Geo and wait for the snow to melt. Then load again without Seasons.
That makes sense! :)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Vfarms wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:08 am Ok I have a funny question...what happens if you merge two fields together perfectly, like two squares into one big triangle, then seed them and sell them? Does the game still reckon them as two fields and what becomes of the middle where they were merged?
I guess this is not Seasons specific but as a whole ingame logic: the AI will recognize the old field borders and work the old shapes. the parts inbetween those fields will stay as (if i remember correct) plowed.
PS4 und PC