Seasons question and answers thread

SJ_Sathanas

Re: Seasons question and answers thread

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Yeah when I did that I had a perfectly worked field surrounded by weeds.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Phigo wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:24 am
I meant to say rectangle lol
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
VMD100

Post by VMD100 »

Not sure if this is a 'glitch' or me just not understanding how seasons works:

The cows block calve if I am correct - they all give birth within a similar window
My issue is I bought 40 holsteins - as they were young and not producing milk I fed them only on grass. A lot of these then became pregnant and it states next animal due in 0.7-0.8 months etc. Some of these cows have just not become pregnant however. I figured these cows were just barren so looked at their numbers and attempted to sell these individuals as they are unproductive and just costing money. But seemingly this is not possible? Cow 40 for example shows at not pregnant, so i went to sell it, all sounds good? went back to the animals tab and cow 40 is still there and still not pregnant, but I now have one less pregnant cow? I definitely did not mis click as I double checked that I had selected the right cow

So the TLDR is can you not specifically sell unproductive cows to make your herd more productive?
Shawnt83

Post by Shawnt83 »

Hi I have ps4 and I've noticed both Wilson B train trailers tipping and rocking when turning is this a bug with season's
NickCooper

Post by NickCooper »

So on ravenport does the trees change in season?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

VMD100 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:04 pm Not sure if this is a 'glitch' or me just not understanding how seasons works:

The cows block calve if I am correct - they all give birth within a similar window
My issue is I bought 40 holsteins - as they were young and not producing milk I fed them only on grass. A lot of these then became pregnant and it states next animal due in 0.7-0.8 months etc. Some of these cows have just not become pregnant however. I figured these cows were just barren so looked at their numbers and attempted to sell these individuals as they are unproductive and just costing money. But seemingly this is not possible? Cow 40 for example shows at not pregnant, so i went to sell it, all sounds good? went back to the animals tab and cow 40 is still there and still not pregnant, but I now have one less pregnant cow? I definitely did not mis click as I double checked that I had selected the right cow

So the TLDR is can you not specifically sell unproductive cows to make your herd more productive?
They don't all become fertile at the same time, it is the same with all animal types.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

NickCooper wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:42 pm So on ravenport does the trees change in season?
Yes. Barren in winter, green over spring and summer, red in autumn. Except for the evergreens, of course.
NickCooper

Post by NickCooper »

Ok thank you
NickCooper

Post by NickCooper »

Ok thank you. Also what geo also has heavy winter snow
VMD100

Post by VMD100 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:05 pm
VMD100 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:04 pm Not sure if this is a 'glitch' or me just not understanding how seasons works:

They don't all become fertile at the same time, it is the same with all animal types.
I have some that have gone a year without becoming fertile however?
And I cannot sell the ones that aren't fertile? as my plan was to just buy a large number - keep those that get in calf and sell the others to minimse losses
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

NickCooper wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:07 pm Ok thank you. Also what geo also has heavy winter snow
I'm using "North Trondelag" which seems to be working really well - lots of snow and great fun (so far) clearing it with a plow, a blower, a wheel-loader with a large shovel on, and also a conveyor belt! :)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
NickCooper

Post by NickCooper »

Can you switch geo in the beginning of winter. Also is always the first year no snow. I play on 3 day season. What *censored* is i love cotton. But i want a stuff ton of snow in the winter. I did know of i could switch to snowy geo during those three days then switch back with goofing the game
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Is there a way to minimize germination failure and failed/harvested patches? It seems a bit extreme and unrealistic having so many failed patches in every field year after year.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

iB055 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:49 am Is there a way to minimize germination failure and failed/harvested patches? It seems a bit extreme and unrealistic having so many failed patches in every field year after year.
Pay close attention to the planting window and ground temperature.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

NickCooper wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:26 pm Can you switch geo in the beginning of winter. Also is always the first year no snow. I play on 3 day season. What *censored* is i love cotton. But i want a stuff ton of snow in the winter. I did know of i could switch to snowy geo during those three days then switch back with goofing the game
Even if you did, youd lose the cotton