Seasons vs no seasons - time consuming

chedly_farms

Re: Seasons vs no seasons - time consuming

Post by chedly_farms »

I think it all comes down to , "Play how you want". Neither way is correct or not. It's a game played for leisure. Streamers and YT'rs have to worry about what content sells, and so for them it's more of an issue than it is for non social media players. Often times, I can see myself forcing how I play, because "others play that way". And often times, I find myself not liking that style of play.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I can't play without seasons at all. The game gets boring really fast because it feels pointless. There's no immersion because nothing ever changes.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:35 pm I think it all comes down to , "Play how you want". Neither way is correct or not. It's a game played for leisure. Streamers and YT'rs have to worry about what content sells, and so for them it's more of an issue than it is for non social media players. Often times, I can see myself forcing how I play, because "others play that way". And often times, I find myself not liking that style of play.
+1 *thumbsup*
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

OlavEmil wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:44 am Simply put: If you play FS19 for the experience of driving the machines and make money by a quick turnover of crops, then no, Seasons is not for you. It will have no benefits, and only contribute to slowing down your gameplay.
I wouldn't say it has no benefits, it's just different.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

What benefits do you see for the playstyle OP describes in his post? I can't see Seasons being compatible to his style of play at all.

I am not saying Seasons doesn't have benefits altogether. I am in the camp of "can't play at all without Seasons", so you'd be preaching to the choir telling me that Seasons is good.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Thank you. A big thank for all of you. Nice feedback.

Yes, this is my style and i like it. Definitely im not a hard fan of farming because i dont like to drive in hundreds or thousands of parallel lines. So I use often H (hire worker). The contracts were already too much "drive in lines" for me - in a game like that with no goals, of course I worked to get the achievements. It's boring to use just 2 real factory trucks (Man and Tatra); remember i dont like to use very much mods. I installed Wind turbine (someting like that should be in base game, like in FS17) when I got bored to work.

So back to (my) time consuming and economy. There are my savegames:
- Ravenport - 264h time played (achievements) - 16 mils € - based on John Deere
- Felsbrunn - 126h time played - 25 mils € - based on Fendt
- Estancia Lapacho - 122h time played - 23 mils € - based on New Holland
- Knezmost - 54h time played (i didnt like the map and stopped) - 0.4 mils € - based on Horsch
- Felsbrunn - 105h time played - 16 mils € - based on Class

In my style of play, after i get some money, i like to buy, not to loan. I buy all tractors and tools need for all crops and animals. I dont like to cut trees, so with the exception of forestry, i like to work with crops and animals in this game.

Of course, I often loose money on some things, change my mind and then sold them, but generally I take care.

Now in Seasons i'm scared of how hard the money is made and how long I needed to make some money. I have to work more and spend more time. Seasons will be fine for me, if the economy will get me more money in game. I dont need reality or real prices in a game, i need just a nice gameplay.

Have fun!
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I haven't decided if it's harder but there is more to consider and you may find yourself using machinery you wouldn't otherwise consider.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

I just try fs19 with Seasons. in fs 17 it was already available when I started with fs. I made the first steps in fs without any mods and then changed to Seasons. It was real fun but after a good while it was like you said: lots of same work to do and Nothing else. So I changed my savegame and style of playing and it was fun until fs19 came out. Then I started on 19 worked on different Maps. now with Seasons it is another style of Play and I enjoy fs19 even more.
PS4 und PC
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

horses is a great investment with seasons because it has no cost to buy and it is fun to treat them a little every day until they have value to sell and make good profits
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

OlavEmil wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:57 pm What benefits do you see for the playstyle OP describes in his post? I can't see Seasons being compatible to his style of play at all.
I can't either. Sounds like OP is the kind of player who I've seen an encountered a lot here who just gets in that routine of lime, plough, fertilise, cultivate, seed, spray, harvest, repeat and repeat and repeat as quickly as they can to earn as much money as they can to buy all the equipment and land that they can. All they want to do is turn dirt and make profit. Season's will most definitely put the brakes on that playstyle fast.

I know some players of the game that not only just do the above 'Cycle' as I call it but only ever plant the same crop every time, either Soybeans, Canola or Corn because it makes the most money.

I've even encountered, spoken, and played with someone who has only ever mowed and baled grass the entire time they have played FS19. They've never done another crop type, and just feed cows and sheep.

Those players definitely won't find Seasons to be beneficial to them.
Last edited by cwattyeso on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 pm I thought they changed horses to where you basically are just boarding them and getting paid to do so, and you couldnt sell them for profit?
Correct Horses are not bought now or sold, you basically just get paid a fee for stabling them and exercising them each day instead, the fee dependent on how well they are cared for. Obviously if you let a horses health suffer or worse let one die then you actually get penalised. I think it's something like -25,000 to your money if a horse dies.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

that's right I explained it badly when I referred to profits
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
aklein

Post by aklein »

Seasons time sinks
Seasons requires 3 fertilizer passes instead of 2.

You spend a lot of time waiting. There will be whole days that you will fast forward through. To skip a whole day takes about 10 minutes. I play on 6 days seasons and spend a fair amount of time trying to figure out which speed level I can select to get the work done I want in a given day and finish up so I can immediately sleep through the night.

You have to store crops to get the most value out of them, so some more investment is needed to get max value.
Depending on GEO, it rains a fair bit more than in the base game, which means you'll spend time waiting for it to stop if you want to harvest.

Loan and building maintenance will get charged every night, meaning you'll probably pay 10x the value as in vanilla. This is just another money sink the slows down progression.
I disagree on most of these points. First you don't have to do 3 fert passes you don't have to even do one you will just get lower yield. If your a player that must get the maximum possible yield then ya you have to do 3. with the size of most fields and equipment folks play with this is what maybe another 10-15 min of real time. Not a huge sync.

You should store crops until the optimal selling time if you want max profits but you dont have to. its not like sell points wont take crop at any time of the year. plus when most crops are best to be sold its kind of a down time anyway over winter.

Maintenance and other associated costs are all scaled to the number of days per season so playing a longer season duration does not cost more. play short seasons and it will feel like your paying a fortune but its because the yearly cost is split up into 12 days. 3 day seasons 1 day is the equivalent of a month of real time. 6 day seasons one day is 2 weeks of real time and the maint costs are basically half per day. 12 day seasons there halfed again per day. Same with animal needs they are adjusted based on season duration.

Its not impossible to make a ton of money with seasons. You dont need to use any sort of money cheat it just means you should plan your work better and your expenses better. For me with out seasons every day is harvest and plant day. 4 or 5 days of that and its time for a new map because its all just another groundhog day.

with seasons every day has its own unique needs and tasks that need to be done working toward that autumn harvest and big winter payout.

I challenge you to play 9 day seasons at 15x speed you will find you dont need to fast forward time waiting around you will be hard pressed to get what you need done finished. If thats to hard then jump to 12 day seasons at 15X.

Check out my seasons tips and tricks playlist. no one is forcing you to try it so if it does not fit your desired game play style then dont worry about it.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

aklein wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:22 pm Its not impossible to make a ton of money with seasons. You dont need to use any sort of money cheat it just means you should plan your work better and your expenses better. For me with out seasons every day is harvest and plant day. 4 or 5 days of that and its time for a new map because its all just another groundhog day.
What you say is I have to think by myself. That is a bit much - I don't think I am able to do that :lol:

Saw some of your tips and tricks - even those Videos before Seasons came out. Learned alot from those. Many thanks for that. *thumbsup*
PS4 und PC
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

aklein wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:22 pm 1) I disagree on most of these points. First you don't have to do 3 fert passes you don't have to even do one you will just get lower yield. If your a player that must get the maximum possible yield then ya you have to do 3. with the size of most fields and equipment folks play with this is what maybe another 10-15 min of real time. Not a huge sync.

2) You should store crops until the optimal selling time if you want max profits but you dont have to. its not like sell points wont take crop at any time of the year. plus when most crops are best to be sold its kind of a down time anyway over winter.

3) Maintenance and other associated costs are all scaled to the number of days per season so playing a longer season duration does not cost more. play short seasons and it will feel like your paying a fortune but its because the yearly cost is split up into 12 days. 3 day seasons 1 day is the equivalent of a month of real time. 6 day seasons one day is 2 weeks of real time and the maint costs are basically half per day. 12 day seasons there halfed again per day. Same with animal needs they are adjusted based on season duration.

4)Its not impossible to make a ton of money with seasons. You dont need to use any sort of money cheat it just means you should plan your work better and your expenses better. For me with out seasons every day is harvest and plant day. 4 or 5 days of that and its time for a new map because its all just another groundhog day.

with seasons every day has its own unique needs and tasks that need to be done working toward that autumn harvest and big winter payout.

5)I challenge you to play 9 day seasons at 15x speed you will find you dont need to fast forward time waiting around you will be hard pressed to get what you need done finished. If thats to hard then jump to 12 day seasons at 15X.

Check out my seasons tips and tricks playlist. no one is forcing you to try it so if it does not fit your desired game play style then dont worry about it.
1) This is the same as in the base game, only to reach maximum yield seasons requires 1 more fertilizer pass; therefore Seasons is more time consuming. Crop rotation can offset one fertilizer pass, but for the amount of time it takes to fertilize, it makes sense to do the fertilizer pass.

2) This is the same as the base game, only the time frames when max price, not great demand, exist are further apart.

3) A lot this is also compounded by the variables put in the map by the map designer, so it's not a clean math. I typically zero out my loan and work with whatever I have, so I can't really comment extensively on this other than the loan and building maintenance is trivial on the base game, yet feels burdensome (good or bad, depending on player).

4) I never said it was impossible to make money. I said it takes longer due to the extra hours that spent waiting around and the extra tasks inserted into the game. Depending on the map, it is actually easier to make money because of the huge number of fertilizer contracts that can be run that pay fairly well.

5) This has the opposite problem where the game feels way to accelerated because something that would take a couple hours IRL now takes all day. The player needs to strike a balance between their tolerance for performing a given task and the game feeling "correct" to them. My way of dealing with this is typically doing FF while I'm digging around in the menus deciding on what I want to do next. There are two areas of the game that add a lot of time that I don't engage in, livestock and loader work. Livestock I find tedious, poorly implemented and to be a bad return on investment. Loader work I don't like because the physics *censored* so much that it just infuriates me. Ironically, both of these items are stuff I spent years doing in real life and didn't mind, but is probably also why I find the game implementation so irritating. If a player plays a livestock farm, then they'll probably have enough work to stay busy for longer seasons and through out the day; with winter maybe being the super slow part of the game.