Seasons Geo: USA Eastern

I farm, you eat!

Re: Seasons Geo: USA Eastern

Post by I farm, you eat! »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 pm
I farm, you eat! wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:02 pm All Giants cares about are 3 meter cultivators and apparently Northern Madagascar... There ain't even a map that resembles Madagascar...
You realize GIANTS doesn’t make those GEO’s right?

And you realize most of those 3m cultivators aren’t made by GIANTS, right?
I most certainly do!!! This ain't my first rodeo. Why does everyone defend Giants so much. I love an appreciate the game and what they do, without them there is no farming game. Also without third party mods there is no game either bc they make it real. This is why I try to refrain from commenting on here. Everyone is an expert and is Captain Comment. Giants needs to put more support personally in their games rather than waiting for modders as well as players waiting/praying for modders to create the experience they want. What's the point in cranking out a new game every 2 years if it's a year or more after the game is released before it's "playable" other than with the base equipment and updates.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I farm, you eat! wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:58 pm
iwan073 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 pm
I farm, you eat! wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:02 pm All Giants cares about are 3 meter cultivators and apparently Northern Madagascar... There ain't even a map that resembles Madagascar...
You realize GIANTS doesn’t make those GEO’s right?

And you realize most of those 3m cultivators aren’t made by GIANTS, right?
I most certainly do!!! This ain't my first rodeo. Why does everyone defend Giants so much. I love an appreciate the game and what they do, without them there is no farming game. Also without third party mods there is no game either bc they make it real. This is why I try to refrain from commenting on here. Everyone is an expert and is Captain Comment. Giants needs to put more support personally in their games rather than waiting for modders as well as players waiting/praying for modders to create the experience they want. What's the point in cranking out a new game every 2 years if it's a year or more after the game is released before it's "playable" other than with the base equipment and updates.
I defend giants too when they get blamed. Yes they passed a 1 meter cultivator and a flipping wheelbarrow in testing, but they didn't make it. I thought of doing making some geo mods but have no way to test them myself.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

After seeing the Ohio GEO, I have arrived at the conclusion that the modder doesn't know what he/she is doing.
bobcat_t320

Post by bobcat_t320 »

I agree 100% as I live in the eastern us and well this geo has rain every 36 hours and a high of 64. Where I live it gets 90-100 during the summer and rains mainly in the spring and fall.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I guarentee you don't and can't plant corn and soybeans in the winter.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:39 am

Where from in VA, MD? I grew up in Loudoun Co, have lived in Shenandoah Co, Frederick Co MD, now in Clarke Co
Sorry I dont login much to the forums to get notifications.

I lived in Fredrick County until I left for college in the early 90's at which I have lived in Rockingham and Augusta Co VA. Were virtual neighbors.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I was using the Eastern GEO on Old Timers. I've never known the ground temperature to be 86 degrees in early spring anywhere around where I live
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

The desert in Africa it would be ha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

bossmanslim wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:23 pm After seeing the Ohio GEO, I have arrived at the conclusion that the modder doesn't know what he/she is doing.
I find this true for all geo's. But I'd like to rephrase it a little bit. It's probably not so much that the modder doesn't know what they're doing, but rather they don't know what the weather is like in many parts of the world (which is understandable).
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

gilroy222 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:20 pm
bossmanslim wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:23 pm After seeing the Ohio GEO, I have arrived at the conclusion that the modder doesn't know what he/she is doing.
I find this true for all geo's. But I'd like to rephrase it a little bit. It's probably not so much that the modder doesn't know what they're doing, but rather they don't know what the weather is like in many parts of the world (which is understandable).
I appreciate the modder tried, i really do, but if you don’t know what an area is like why make a geo for it??
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
Illinois Farmer

He said he is from like Delaware, so should know the area, just didn't correlate to the geo.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I see it was updated, had hope it had been fix but I see they only added french.
So you still seed in the dead of winter, but in french.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
bobcat_t320

Post by bobcat_t320 »

I do believe that the mod should be removed from mod hub as it is 100% incorrect. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=136916

@05-Chris
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Well as bad as it is I disagree. It isn't up to Giants to decide if they are correct, just if they work or not. All mods are "use at your own risk" as far as correct to reality is concerned.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
rally13

Post by rally13 »

Living on mid-atlantic coast i wanted to use my "home" geo. but i find this thing impossible, at least for corn, which is total failure for the area its meant to represent as well as technically. twice i tried to drill corn at midnight on the first day of winter you can before the temperatures dropped. both times the majority of the field failed to germinate. you cannot plant in the limited spring times with this geo, it never dries up enough. instead have been using midwest geo which at least isnt this flawed

another thing i noticed, while drilling at midnight. the calendar doesnt turn until 12:01. the seeds i planted between 12:00 and 12:01 showed up as harvested and never germinated.