Seasons Geo: USA Eastern

JDMan10

Seasons Geo: USA Eastern

Post by JDMan10 »

Why can’t you grow cotton with this geo? I’m from the southeast USA and that’s half the crop down here.
Illinois Farmer

Re: Seasons Geo: USA Eastern

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Maybe it is based on northeastern.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I questioned that also. I guess I will keep using the Midwest for cotton.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
JDMan10

Post by JDMan10 »

Yeah I guess I’m gonna stick to the Midwest too
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

If the screenshot is correct, it's wrong anyway. You can't plant corn and soybeans in January or March. It's not right for any portion of the Eastern US.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I know there are cotton fields in central VA but north of that I have not seen or heard of cotton farming on the east coast. The GEO does not really define where on the east which is rather odd because the east cost is from northern Maine near the Canada border to FL which is about as close to a tropical environment as the US is gonna get.

As a person who has lived in MD and VA his whole life I have no idea what this GEO is based on. Its wacky IMO. Never have I seen or heard of farmers planting beans or corn autumn/winter. Limting cereal planting to just early spring (aka March) is crazy as well as the ability to plant corn and soybeans in early spring but not in mid or late spring just to pick it back up again in early summer thru mid summer for soybeans.

I would be very curious to know where on the east coast this was modeled after.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

When is the Midwest Geo coming for consoles I was hoping to do cotton on loneoak
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Illinois Farmer

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:26 pm If the screenshot is correct, it's wrong anyway. You can't plant corn and soybeans in January or March. It's not right for any portion of the Eastern US.
Didn't even notice that. Saw the first planting it had listed.
Also the midwest geo is available for console. Look under gameplay.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:37 pm
bossmanslim wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:26 pm If the screenshot is correct, it's wrong anyway. You can't plant corn and soybeans in January or March. It's not right for any portion of the Eastern US.
Didn't even notice that. Saw the first planting it had listed.
Also the midwest geo is available for console. Look under gameplay.
Thanks I will check that out I did not see it I know that's the one I used on 17 for loneoak
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Illinois Farmer

The modder said it is based on Delaware. I asked him how you can plant soybeans and corn in the winter, but the modder didn't elaborate on that part.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:33 pm When is the Midwest Geo coming for consoles I was hoping to do cotton on loneoak
if you mean https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 it's was on console tuesday it's just under gameplay in the mod hub on console which is where most of the geo's are on console :)
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I dunno comparing it to South Quebec the Eastern USA one looks more like Argentina(?) than something a few hundred miles south.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Illinois Farmer

Yeah, I agree. The modder himself said Delaware though.
I farm, you eat!

Post by I farm, you eat! »

All Giants cares about are 3 meter cultivators and apparently Northern Madagascar... There ain't even a map that resembles Madagascar... Additionally in the "Crater Bay" geo it says they grow 1.34 million hectares of rice and a bunch of vegetables. THEY AIN'T EVEN CROPS THAT ARE IN GAME!!! Why did they even put cotton in the game if they're going to jokingly support it ( don't get me started on the lack of cotton mods or the fact of hope the stalks are "destroyed" in game- yes I know it's a simulator). The Midwest Missouri Geo doesn't even really reflect what/where cotton is even grown in the US. Texas is the largest producer followed by Georgia- it doesn't snow in either of those states. I got so excited when I saw this saw this in testing thinking we finally were gone get some love in the Southeast... But no it's merely another European style cereal crop Geo that's cold and only rains and snows. Put something in game that reflects Southern US Farmers not just catering to the masses trying to appease every demographic on the planet. At least cater to crops already in game! Rant over, Thanks
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I farm, you eat! wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:02 pm All Giants cares about are 3 meter cultivators and apparently Northern Madagascar... There ain't even a map that resembles Madagascar...
You realize GIANTS doesn’t make those GEO’s right?

And you realize most of those 3m cultivators aren’t made by GIANTS, right?
Ignorance is bliss