Campaign of France - the new Old Stream Farm?

Barrcott

Re: Campaign of France - the new Old Stream Farm?

Post by Barrcott »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:43 pm some of these fields are really steep

Yup as I've just found out my 130 HP Fiat didn't want to pull the beet harvester up one of them , had to get the hired helper in then that another 110 HP to help it along !!......... Damn :shock: :neutralnew:

Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

oh my :lol: sadly I have seen enough crazy stuff irl that I can honestly imagine this entirely too well
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
dimi

Post by dimi »

Dziwny85 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:09 am
dimi wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:49 pm I just did some research regarding how many cows would be able to graze on the pastures and the grass area next to the cow barn in real life. with the measuring mod i measured that the total grass area is about 2.2 acres ( i didn't count the entire area next to the cow barn as grass since its partly just dirt/mud and not all grass). According to some general guidelines i found online that amount of pasture can provide the grass for anywhere between 0.5 to 2 beef cattle :hmm: lol. I know nothing of farming in real life so i have no idea if this is correct (maybe some real life farmer here does?), but this is just what some quick research learned me.

Anyway i hope that my pastures in FS are a lot more productive otherwise this is the end of my plans to just let my cows graze most of the year :biggrin2:
Information you find about cows on pasture is correct. I don't know how it works in game with seasons but 10 holstein cows need more or less 60000 feed per season. So I assume that for same amount of animals on pasture needs more or less 60000 liters of grass. In modhub you have mod addition field info, you can check how many litters of grass is available in pasture.
Thanks for your reply! ill check that mod out later.
dimi

Post by dimi »

haha Barrcott, yes there are some steep fields on this map! creative solution though :biggrin2:, nice Italian tractors you have on your farm! i just have one tractor at the moment, it's this one: Image I run 3 meter implements only, and on some fields its quite a struggle for this 123hp tractor.

this shed is placed where the sheep pen used to be, since i have to plans for sheep on this map, and i could use a bit more storage. its the same type of shed that is used on the other side of the main farm.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Blacksheep modding has said on twitter he has started on the old stream farm but may take 6 months or so im looking forward to that dont get me wrong i like campaign of france but prefer the old stream farm
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Do you mean the valley of the old farm? Isn't the old stream farm already out?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dziwny85

Post by Dziwny85 »

Valley The Old Farm was my favourite map in fs 17. I was playing on ps4 back then, now I'm on PC but can't wait for vtof and whole package of Massey Ferguson's stuff.
dimi

Post by dimi »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:20 pm Do you mean the valley of the old farm? Isn't the old stream farm already out?
correct, bsm tweeted: "We have started converting the map TVTOF🤘🤘 (it can take six months)"

I liked TVTOF, but i like campaign of France even better, so i dont mind to wait 6 months for it :biggrin2:
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

dimi wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:33 pm haha Barrcott, yes there are some steep fields on this map! creative solution though :biggrin2:, nice Italian tractors you have on your farm! i just have one tractor at the moment, it's this one: Image I run 3 meter implements only, and on some fields its quite a struggle for this 123hp tractor.

this shed is placed where the sheep pen used to be, since i have to plans for sheep on this map, and i could use a bit more storage. its the same type of shed that is used on the other side of the main farm.
Good tractor that , not driven a little un though , my drives were 145 54 tx & a155 54 nectra really nice tractors absolutely brilliant for baling & hedgetrimming

Play time > Ford TW20
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:20 pm Do you mean the valley of the old farm? Isn't the old stream farm already out?
Yeah the valley the old farm is what i meant having a moment sos thanks for correcting my mistake
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Dziwny85

Post by Dziwny85 »

More I play on this beautiful map more I enjoy it. I decided not to buy a Zetor. Local dealer offers my some decent MF with 95 hp engine. I've tested and bought it. Now we're farming 😎
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Dziwny85 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:59 am More I play on this beautiful map more I enjoy it. I decided not to buy a Zetor. Local dealer offers my some decent MF with 95 hp engine. I've tested and bought it. Now we're farming 😎
Honestly thought I'd be at Greenwich for a long time but couldnt stay away from this place which is great as I didn't get into old stream the same as this.

Matter of fact I've started another save game up at the piggery :mrgreen:

Play time > Ford TW20
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Stevo0114 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:11 am
Yeah the valley the old farm is what i meant having a moment sos thanks for correcting my mistake
No way!!! My favorite map by far on 17. So glad I can go back. There's just something BSM does to maps that to me is just adds that extra feeling. The ambient the little details.

Thank you for ur amazing work BSM....and a HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my farming peeps :gamer:
Dziwny85

Post by Dziwny85 »

hun3 post

"No way!!! My favorite map by far on 17. So glad I can go back. There's just something BSM does to maps that to me is just adds that extra feeling. The ambient the little details.

Thank you for ur amazing work BSM....and a HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my farming peeps"

Yes. I totally agree with you. BSM maps are special. They make maps really playable, I spends most of my play time on it.
Happy holidays for you.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

finally farming again. I waited for seasons to come to console. xbox 1 is better than the pc for me. 76 yo and now have a new wife from Thailand to that kept me from farming for a while but we are now getting accustomed to being together and I have some time for my game. it was a little hard to tell her I liked farming and showed her how I do it. it was starting france and was difficult. glad to be back farming. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode