Ohio Geo

Illinois Farmer

Re: Ohio Geo

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Lol yeah good joke Haha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

jasonbarron wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:54 am I'm playing the Hazzard County Georgia map wishing like heck there was an accurate geo for it closer than the Midwest. Huge kudos to the team that designed that map btw, simply brilliant, better than a lot of dedicated open world game maps imo.
https://www.nexusmods.com/farmingsimulator19/mods/126

there is this but I don't know how accurate it is
PC & Xbox One
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

jasonbarron wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:54 am I'm playing the Hazzard County Georgia map wishing like heck there was an accurate geo for it closer than the Midwest. Huge kudos to the team that designed that map btw, simply brilliant, better than a lot of dedicated open world game maps imo.

There is one designed for it I have not played the map myself so I am not familiar with the GEO.

https://www.nexusmods.com/farmingsimulator19/mods/126
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

jah6575 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:26 am
chedly_farms wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:07 pm I don’t really like to complain when it comes to mods, I’m usually reprimanding people for being critical of modders, but these Geos are way off. The fact that the first day of spring on Minnesota and Corn Belt Geos there are leaves in the trees, is not accurate. Planting schedules are way off.
As the MN Geo creator I agree that the leaves aren’t quite right. If you play all the way through to autumn, the trees are still green in September. That said, the latitude information is simply an input. I think I might be able to correct that, but since our leaves change generally mid month, early sept is too early for orange leaves and early October is too late. I am still working on some things for the geo, however, it is a game and as such it has limitations that don’t always match real life. For FS 17 with the way Seasons handles snow melt I had to reduce the snowfall amount by 66% simply so that the snow would melt and you could play the game. I am far happier with this geo than that one.
I get it. There has to be balance in game play to offset people using 3 day seasons as well. Please don't take my comments and think I am an a-hole. Let my posts in other threads do that. Us players are quick to jump down people's throats when things aren't exactly the way we want them. I am thankful you guys do what you do and put up with us sniveling man-children afterwards.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Thanks @girlie100 & @norfolk farmer, I'll have to check that out. Does it screw up your save switching to a different geo midgame?
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Question about mods: I just downloaded the Hazzard County geo mod and placed it in my FS19 mod folder with all the other mods yet the game doesn't recognize it when I fire it up. Thoughts?

Edit: I think I got it sorted, looks like a naming convention problem in the directory
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:46 pm Problem with the filename or it's not zipped properly
It was the filename
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

jasonbarron wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm Thanks @girlie100 & @norfolk farmer, I'll have to check that out. Does it screw up your save switching to a different geo midgame?
I think the general advice is switch in winter, if you switch with things planted you may not get to harvest before winter
PC & Xbox One
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

girlie100 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:00 pm
jasonbarron wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm Thanks @girlie100 & @norfolk farmer, I'll have to check that out. Does it screw up your save switching to a different geo midgame?
I think the general advice is switch in winter, if you switch with things planted you may not get to harvest before winter
I'm in the wee hours of the second day on a nine day season, still early spring.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

At first glance looks likes a good Indiana geo released today.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

jasonbarron wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:12 pm I'm in the wee hours of the second day on a nine day season, still early spring.
I've only switched in winter, I saw Klutch on youtube switched in spring/summer time and he had a field of wheat that never went past 66% growth

If you have nothing planted maybe it would be ok? or understand that some things may mess up if you don't want to wait till winter

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting.
PC & Xbox One
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Ok, thanks girlie100
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

@chedly_farms no offense taken, just thought I’d explain that there is a little more going on than most players realize. Unlike some other geo modders I spent a few months on this development and that is with my experience doing it for FS17.