Manure Spreading
1%
Other
4%

Total votes: 227

chedly_farms

Whats your favorite job on the farm?

Post by chedly_farms »

What's your favorite jobs to do on the farm? Discussion has been a little light since the holidays, so hows about a little friendly discussion and poll concerning your favorite jobs to do around the farm. Choose up to three options, and feel free to explain why you chose what you chose.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Re: Whats your favorite job on the farm?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I voted based on irl and in the game. My three answers were combining, animal care, and cultivating, which I consider discing and chiseling together here. I love discing in the spring and chiseling in the fall. It is so peaceful and relaxing to do. In the game, it doesn't take to long to do and is easy. For combining, it is the time when you know you can make some money. For animal care, it is more real life. It is awesome being able to bottle feed a lamb, when needed, look after the hogs or cattle. It is satisfying knowing your feeding the world.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dziwny85

Post by Dziwny85 »

Only three?? That is hard.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

My favorites were plowing, I love the smell of fresh turned earth, taking care of the animals, and working on the equipment as I tended to break things. I have been off the farm for 50 years but those things stand out.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I love handling conventional bales (gathering and stacking) and I love tending my animals with them (animal care).. I also love transporting my product to sell (other) but not for the moneys.. Its what I have done the most of farm related irl.. hauling stuff around and driving various sized vehicles to do so is really really satisfying for me and reminds me of older times with grandpa :)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Dziwny85

Post by Dziwny85 »

IRL I love cultivating, plowing, sowing and combining. I don't have animals so my favourite job in game is animal care, that is why this game is so amazing for me.
JeffFarmer1029

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

I voted for plowing, planting, and combine harvesting. I enjoy the process of prepping the ground for planting and watching the process of it growing if Seasons allows and of course the harvesting process. I am just getting into forestry and animal care so I am sure those can become favorites pretty fast.
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

In game, i think plouging cannot be topped! On the West Coast, I have a Massey 7499 and a Kuhn 5 Furrow, and the tractor really grunts as it goes! MR and Gearbox just make it so fun too...
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:08 pm ... reminds me of older times with grandpa :)
This hits home! Spot on. The nostalgia is part of what draws us to the game!
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

Harvesting other and sowing because of running all crops, and using a variety of tools to do so. And also other for contracts, though I have a bad habit of doing them way too much.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Animal care would be my favourite (soft spot for the pigs and dairy), then the any thing to do with harvesting crops.
dimi

Post by dimi »

choosing just 3 is quite a challenge, in fact i would even struggle to name 3 things i don't like from that list.
my favorite job is animal care for sure, especially cows. second is probably harvesting but for the third place there are many contestants, (conventional) baling and stacking, mowing, slurry spreading, you name it
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I only voted for one because I screwed up my submission. Whoops :zunge: . I voted for the Harvesting Other category because both ingame and IRL I enjoy haylage and silage harvesting. IRL, I am a wagon hauler for all 5 haylage cuttings and some of silage, which happens to coincide with school, and even though our farm runs a self-propelled chopper, we still run tractor-pulled carts. That’s really my favorite job on the farm is driving tractor. And that is probably why my number two pick is manure hauling. I don’t do a lot of actual spreading IRL, I just love running loaders and tractors, and it is pretty fun to do in FS. Number 3 pick is silage packing. While not super exciting in FS because of the tendency for the chaff pile to eat my Big Bud, I have gotten the privilege to drive a 450 hp John Deere over a few piles. As boring as it sounds, it is actually great fun. And the best part is I don’t have to pack it to “100%” to be done :lol: .
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

IRL, I run a JD forage harvester and I wish in game the AI workers could drive beside for filling while I chop. We don't pull any trailers , so on order to drive I have to in the game. Planting corn would be #2 and #3 would be running triple mowers. Actually I would swap 2 and 3, I really enjoy cutting hay, especially at 12 mph.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Seeing Harvesting as the top choice isn’t too surprising. But forestry with one vote is kind of. With the plethora of Forestry mods out there I figured there was a demand for them.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----