Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

hun3

Re: Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

Post by hun3 »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:49 pm

The new graphics are more technically advanced, but the actual balance of lighting, colour saturation, contrast etc, personally I think looks awful. It does not suit a Farming Simulator game at all. Again to some it seems a massive step up from 17 so they can ignore the flaws in it. It does depend what you played on 17. Many maps still used default 17 lighting which wasn't great either. So going from default to default it would seem a much bigger improvement.
I couldn't agree more about the graphics. Black Sheep Modding posted a video to show case the 19 version of Walley the old farm and as I was watching it I kept thinking....how in the hell people think 19 have better graphics? Everything in the 19 version had that very saturated sharp plastic look. Am I crazy here?? When you look at games like Red Dead Redemption 2 with its massive maps or smaller games like Green Hell ...why cant GIANTS bring similar quality to FS with maps that is way smaller in scale?
iB055

Re: Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

Post by iB055 »

As a console player myself I feel your pain. However as a console player you will find no sympathy here as most complaints and feedback from us console players either fall on deaf ears or we are simply told to buy a PC. I have since purchased a PC for other matters but I refuse to spend any more money on this game or any future FS titles until their views and direction changes as the overall direction of FS is what I'm mostly disappointed with.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

wombles wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:41 pm Wouldn't say that Bill, I do see where your coming from and wouldn't argue with you about it as I too can see the problems you talk about. I suppose we all have different tolerance when it boils down too it, bit like my snoring at night, doesn't annoy me but drives my wife mad :lol: .
As I said it does depend on each individual player and your tolerance level for things.

When I started playing Farm Sim 11/13 I found I could overlook many of the issues or inaccuracies of the game.
Learning to mod for the game has meant over the years and particularly Fs17 I've been able to modify the game far more to my liking and remove or improve many of those annoying things.
But to get another version that again is making the same mistakes the previous versions did and knowing I'll have to redo it all over again to my liking before I can enjoy it is just soul destroying.

When you add into it aspects of Fs19 that cannot be changed at all. I'm left with a game I don't like playing, and cannot modify to a state I would be happy with.
Instead Fs17 feels more enjoyable to me. Although because of Fs19 good improvements that has soured the feel of Fs17 now.

I just feel stuck in limbo between both games. Neither is good enough for me to enjoy fully now.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

Interesting to read everyone's thoughts. I didn't mean to sound so negative but I really did feel disappointed.

I think bullet bill made a good point about depending on how you play the game you'll see things differently.

I like uk maps, not horrid square fields. I'm not interested in cotton and stuff like that, I'd like the workers to be able to work a field properly, doing the headlands and endriggs first for them is not realistic, for me the AI doesn't seem to have improved since 15. I like ploughing properly, and it bugs me that the furrows still don't align with the path of the tractor.

There was lots of talk and polls and threads during 19's development regarding what we'd love to see in a new game and I'm wondering if they listened to any of it. As a console player we have a less flexible experience as we can't have script mods. So we miss out on things like course play, follow me etc etc.

I know seasons mod has just been added but it's Dec 2019, I love seasons, if I'd bought this game back at its release I'd have been gutted to wait so long. It needs to be an option in the base game, and chuck the mod who created it some cash.

I need to play it a bit more before I judge to harshly but I'm struggling. Don't want to go back to 17 until I've at least tried the game fully.

Is there any tractors that sound better than others? So far they all sound like they have a blocked air intake and can't rev!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

AgriJock wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:52 pm I like uk maps, not horrid square fields. I'm not interested in cotton and stuff like that, I'd like the workers to be able to work a field properly, doing the headlands and endriggs first for them is not realistic, for me the AI doesn't seem to have improved since 15. I like ploughing properly, and it bugs me that the furrows still don't align with the path of the tractor.
How do you figure that's unrealistic? The only times I do headlines last is chiseling and hauling manure and that's because I don't want to drive on the soil, but even then I go around the waterways first. Discing, planting, spraying, mowing, raking, tedderring, and harvesting is all done first with multiple trips around.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:01 pm
AgriJock wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:52 pm I like uk maps, not horrid square fields. I'm not interested in cotton and stuff like that, I'd like the workers to be able to work a field properly, doing the headlands and endriggs first for them is not realistic, for me the AI doesn't seem to have improved since 15. I like ploughing properly, and it bugs me that the furrows still don't align with the path of the tractor.
How do you figure that's unrealistic? The only times I do headlines last is chiseling and hauling manure and that's because I don't want to drive on the soil, but even then I go around the waterways first. Discing, planting, spraying, mowing, raking, tedderring, and harvesting is all done first with multiple trips around.
Because in the UK in RL farming we generally we always work the headlands last not first.

Doing it the correct way gives you a familiarity that is more enjoyable than doing it a way we know it wouldn't be done in RL.

If your around agriculture then those things often matter to you when you play the game.

As far as the AI in Farm Sim, I never use them as I know they can't cope with anything other than a square flat field in the middle of nowhere with no scenery around.
Last edited by BulletBill on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:01 pm
Ha ha. Obviously it's realistic to harvest or mow the headland first.

Ploghing
Cultivation
Seeding
Planting root crops.

You don't drive over your work, it's pretty common sense.
Illinois Farmer

They work perfectly fine with headlines. Planting were so headlines first. Cultivation, discing were so headlines first. Maybe not so obvious. How many yards of farming have you done? Don't turn so sharp and if you have the correct planting depth it didn't even affect the seed.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:17 pm They work perfectly fine with headlines. Planting were so headlines first. Cultivation, discing were so headlines first. Maybe not so obvious. How many yards of farming have you done? Don't turn so sharp and if you have the correct planting depth it didn't even affect the seed.
I'm not interested in a willy waving competition mate, I'm quite happy with how I drive a tractor in real life, not that I do it much now (I left the family farm as I prefer engineering), I could bore you to death with pictures and videos of me doing it.

There's no way I would plough an endrigg first in real life, what a mess when you turn, not to mention the compaction issues.

There's no way you would ever plant the endriggs first in a potato field, you'd be turning on the beds.

You farm differently in the US, and you have different styles, we generally have to work the land harder to get the most out of it as we aren't blessed with the same quantity. You guys don't need to plough much, you only really subsoil to bring the nutrients up, and you do a lot of direct drilling.
Illinois Farmer

Exactly now what you are saying makes sense. You don't want to drive over potatoes because you would ruin the mound. Sorry, but your common sense comment irked me because it isn't common sense. Practices are different everywhere.
Illinois Farmer

Fyi, you couldn't bore me with farming pictures. I love looking at them.
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:38 pm Exactly now what you are saying makes sense. You don't want to drive over potatoes because you would ruin the mound. Sorry, but your common sense comment irked me because it isn't common sense. Practices are different everywhere.
They are indeed.
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm Fyi, you couldn't bore me with farming pictures. I love looking at them.
Lol.

Ploughing barley in with a T7 and Kuhn 5 furrow, you'll maybe make out the headlands I've left till last!

Lexie

Post by Lexie »

For me the biggest problem with FS19 are the broken sounds, it's taking away enjoyment and because of it most tractors are not usable for me. Most of time I'm using the NH T6, Case 7200 series, Fiat 1300DT or JCB Fasttrac 4220. Those tractors do not so annoy me as the rest does. JD's are sounding terrible, very loud and annoying incab and so do many others. Also tractors from Claas DLC are not sounding great, and I can not understand they did not fix this issue and go back to the FS17 sounds.

Also the map boarders are ugly, taking out the feel of the mp. In FS17 you had the feel the map go way further, but in 19 you knows exactly where the map is ending.

And yes there are positive changes in FS19, but still want to go back to FS17 for sounds and some other things, but can't because I'm missing to many new FS19 features.
Illinois Farmer

AgriJock wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:52 pm Lol.

Ploughing barley in with a T7 and Kuhn 5 furrow, you'll maybe make out the headlands I've left till last!

Cool picture. No I wouldn't make headlines on that. I would though chisel it, then put anhydrous in the spring, then disc and plant.