Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

this_is_gav

Re: Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

Post by this_is_gav »

Keade wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:18 pm ANd just an FYI. Telling me to go play them from FS 09, I have all of the games since FS 09 bar the mobile version of the game so yes, I have played them all so I know what I were on about in my last post :)
Sorry, just to clear it up, what I meant was load them up again now, as whenever I do I'm shocked at how badly they've aged. You may have already done so recently.
j_maybury

Re: Just switched from 17 to 19, disappointed, anyone else had a similar feeling?

Post by j_maybury »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:50 pm

When you add into it aspects of Fs19 that cannot be changed at all. I'm left with a game I don't like playing, and cannot modify to a state I would be happy with.
Instead Fs17 feels more enjoyable to me. Although because of Fs19 good improvements that has soured the feel of Fs17 now.

I just feel stuck in limbo between both games. Neither is good enough for me to enjoy fully now.
The way Bill has explained it is exactly the way I feel, I can't live with the way the awful lighting looks in FS19, but can't go without the way you can build your own farmyard and other things if I play FS17, all the emersion is gone for me now, no matter which one I play.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:56 pm
Jagtractor wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:14 am ps Sprayer speeds are a disgrace. spraying equipment is some of the fastest working machines in the field. In this game they are as slow as the plow. pathetic.
Sprayer speeds are completely in line with modern practices. In real life the advice now is that spraying at slower speeds leads to more even and accurate coverage. There are still places which spray quickly, however the slower speeds are getting much more common now.

It is a bit odd in the FS world though, where GIANTS normally apply the most optimistic of speeds to tools, yet spraying is one of the few where they've chosen a much more reserved speed.
Those big self propelled sprayers typically run around 10 to 16mph on decent fields/consitions.
The 3 point sprayers typically are driven at slower speeds. But the big boys go fast. All the self propelled sprayers need to be going the speed they gave the hardi self propelled SPRAYER, And the later added big bud modded sprayer.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

back once again to The West Coast
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:44 pm I'm told by some people that the players like us who are frustrated and disappointed with various aspects of Fs19 are few in number.
How they know this for sure is beyond me, vice versa I do not know how many players dislike Fs19.

What I do know is this, out of my group of friends within the Farm Sim community the majority do not enjoy Fs19 enough to either want to play it regularly or even at all. Even the ones who do play it have many gripes with the game.

I also know that if the game was such a massive success as some say it is, why are there still threads like this which on this forum are popular and get a lot of response, over a year after the release of the game.

Within the Farm Sim community I don't remember there being topics as big as this still going a year after Fs17 was released. The general feeling was one of optimism, and that even if Fs17 had room for improvement (which it does) the trend for the future was good.

Yet now I don't know anyone who is in a rush to pre-order Fs21.

I wonder if GIANTS realise this is how some of there playerbase feel, I also wonder if they even care.
People often say things without facts to back them up (myself included). I'd like to see a poll thread to see which version people enjoyed most 17 or 19.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:48 pm
People often say things without facts to back them up (myself included). I'd like to see a poll thread to see which version people enjoyed most 17 or 19.
To date I have dedicated +/- 3000 hours playing fs17 and +/- 1500 hours playing fs19 and although both have pros and cons, fs17 remains my favorite.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

hugassi wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:16 pm back once again to The West Coast
*thumbsup* Me too!
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:48 pm People often say things without facts to back them up (myself included). I'd like to see a poll thread to see which version people enjoyed most 17 or 19.
I know on Steam (which is obviously only PC players) Fs19 started off poorly with it's ratings, but as time has gone on it has steadily improved.
However it still falls some way behind the ratings of Fs17, and Fs15.

It's a pity there is no way to get a more complete picture of how players feel about the game on a wider scale.

What worries me is that if history repeats itself then within 3 months we will have the first news about Fs21, and all the hype that brings.

That in itself will kill off modders bothering to release projects as they know within a few months the project will be obsolete, and they will have to spend countless more hours converting there mod to the next game.

Plus does anyone have any real confidence in GIANTS delivering a reasonable working product on release after the fiasco that was the Fs19 release. Watching the live streams was just embarrassing seeing the amount of bugs which showed how little testing GIANTS had done to the game. The whole game felt rushed and incomplete and still does.

How long will it take before GIANTS and Focus realise this 2 year dev cycle no longer works for the game anymore.

Also how long will it take them before they start helping modders more. Like proper working Blender exporter instead of only supporting Maya Autodesk. Expecting modders to go out and pay hundreds of pounds/euros/dollars for a product to make mods when Blender can do the job just fine and is free.

All we need from GIANTS is a stable platform with the ability to modify the game to appeal to as wide a player audience as possible. Putting restrictions in just cripples modders.
Not sharing the .luadocs early enough slows down mods.
Not explaining what changes have happened to maps when making mod maps.

If GIANTS continue to not change then the modders will just keep on finding it harder and harder to keep up. Eventually they will just peter out. Then where will the game be?

After more than 10 years we all know GIANTS are never going to be able to make a game that caters for as many players as what the Modding Community brings to the game.
But that will only continue if something changes.

My worry is that it won't, and that makes me sad.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:27 pm I know on Steam (which is obviously only PC players) Fs19 started off poorly with it's ratings, but as time has gone on it has steadily improved.

It's a pity there is no way to get a more complete picture of how players feel about the game on a wider scale.

What worries me is that if history repeats itself then within 3 months we will have the first news about Fs21, and all the hype that brings.

That in itself will kill off modders bothering to release projects as they know within a few months the project will be obsolete, and they will have to spend countless more hours converting there mod to the next game.

Plus does anyone have any real confidence in GIANTS delivering a reasonable working product on release after the fiasco that was the Fs19 release. Watching the live streams was just embarrassing seeing the amount of bugs which showed how little testing GIANTS had done to the game. The whole game felt rushed and incomplete and still does.

How long will it take before GIANTS and Focus realise this 2 year dev cycle no longer works for the game anymore.

Also how long will it take them before they start helping modders more. Like proper working Blender exporter instead of only supporting Maya Autodesk. Expecting modders to go out and pay hundreds of pounds/euros/dollars for a product to make mods when Blender can do the job just fine and is free.

All we need from GIANTS is a stable platform with the ability to modify the game to appeal to as wide a player audience as possible. Putting restrictions in just cripples modders.

If GIANTS continue to not change then the modders will just keep on finding it harder and harder to keep up. Eventually they will just peter out. Then where will the game be?

After more than 10 years we all know GIANTS are never going to be able to make a game that caters for as many players as what the Modding Community brings to the game.

To add to this, unless some of the stuff is baked into the game from the start (GPS, workshop tabber, filling stations, etc.), I have a hard time getting motivated as a player to switch over to to FS21 and then wait for all my favorite mods to be ported over to FS21. This is more so an issue when the "platinum" edition can be bought a year later, with the DLC, and costs the same as the original game upon release and hopefully the mods are "back out" to make FS21 as playable as FS19.

I'd like to see the dev cycle be every 4 years with larger steps so player and modders feel more value for each step and the mod rework is cut in half.
AgriJock

Post by AgriJock »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:16 pm
BulletBill wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:27 pm I know on Steam (which is obviously only PC players) Fs19 started off poorly with it's ratings, but as time has gone on it has steadily improved.

To add to this, unless some of the stuff is baked into the game from the start (GPS, workshop tabber, filling stations, etc.), I have a hard time getting motivated as a player to switch over to to FS21 and then wait for all my favorite mods to be ported over to FS21. This is more so an issue when the "platinum" edition can be bought a year later, with the DLC, and costs the same as the original game upon release and hopefully the mods are "back out" to make FS21 as playable as FS19.

I'd like to see the dev cycle be every 4 years with larger steps so player and modders feel more value for each step and the mod rework is cut in half.
This is exactly how I felt. There was no way I was buying fs19 on release. My wife paid £29 in the end for the platinum edition.

I've put some more time into it this week but I'm still struggling, it doesn't have a nice feel.

I think at giants they started out making a great series of games and progressing it in leaps but as the company has grown in momentum and size, politics and profit margins will have crept in and they have arrived at a formula that keeps the bean counters happy. Until the profits drop I doubt they will change their ethos.

It's worrying that you say the mod community are finding it hard to create things as personally I wouldn't buy it if it was just the core game, I really believe the modders creation and dedication immeasurably enhance the scope, reputation and appeal of the game.

Regarding my opinion (I'm on console) they have "fixed" aspects from 17 to 19 that weren't broken, lighting and noise and weird cartoon like feel, but they have neglected to build in things that I would really find fantastic. Follow me, multi angle terrain, courseplay, improved AI etc etc.

They are lucky to have a fairly dedicated fan base but patience runs out, are they ignoring the warning shots?

At the end of the day there's perhaps more money to be made if they nail it?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

The weirdest thing is there are so many complaint threads about this game and there is none to answer anything from Giants, but in other thread when someone mentioned paid map (money) someone from Giants QA showed up right away...they care only about money, they dont give a flying phuck about listening to community and modders.

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If that were true then there would be no mod rewards at all. They didn't have to introduce them and indeed there was no hint they were going to do so - they just announced it out of the blue one day.

Clearly they do care about the community, though they're not always great at showing it.

As for that map, how does it benefit GIANTS if a modder does or doesn't charge for a mod? It doesn't. They are doing this so as the community doesn't become even more toxic than it already is, and so that players don't get ripped off by rogue modders. That's their right, and all modders agree to that when they install the game or edit anything in GE.
wombles

Post by wombles »

bojanh66 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:19 am The weirdest thing is there are so many complaint threads about this game and there is none to answer anything from Giants, but in other thread when someone mentioned paid map (money) someone from Giants QA showed up right away...they care only about money, they dont give a flying phuck about listening to community and modders.

They are a company out too make money ofcourse they care about funds ;). Sometimes I don't blame them for not taking part in discussions with arm chair generals, that are prone too spitting the dummy out 95% of the time :lol:. Least said easy mended and all that.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Lol, it's not like Giants would actually make any money when a modder decides he's pathetic enough to sell his stuff. The law suits required to get that 'money' would cost more than they could make on them.

It's in their ToS though, modders are NOT allowed to sell their mods and Giants does take action against that kind of stuff. Which you all should be happy about. Otherwise you'd be paying for all your mods soon...
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<