Concentrrate on functionality rather than even more vehicles

IVerE

Concentrrate on functionality rather than even more vehicles

Post by IVerE »

Dear Giants software! You have now spent a lot of resources on making the Platinum extention and other DLCs. As far as I can see these doesn't contain anything other than a few new tractors and some other agricultural machinery. You have now deveoped a lot of new versions of FS, but still the software is missing vital functionality.
For instance, why is it not possible to hire someone to transport or collect the crops that the machines harvest from the fields? How can a single user ever be able to run a large farm when he or she have to do all transport of goods?
I am running FS19 now and have two large fields, one with corn and one with wheat and that is more than I can handle effectively. There is a lot of time wasted while one of the combine harvesters are full and needs unloading or while I am driving a trailer to the delivery point etc. Most of the time most of the machinery is standing idle!

Please concentrate on the important stuff and not on making even more tractors!

Brgds
IVerE
bossmanslim

Re: Concentrrate on functionality rather than even more vehicles

Post by bossmanslim »

+1
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I did a video on this very subject just before Christmas. Farming Simulator 19 is the first game where Giants didn't add any new functionality, mechanics or gameplay to the game following it's release. The DLC just add new tractors and machines that are basically just cosmetic things, because not one of those DLC items added something you couldn't already do in game. (Before anyone says Poplar Baler, you could already harvest poplar with a forage harvester that was much faster and easier.) I would hope when FS21 releases later this year, Giants model with DLCs is to release stuff that expands on the gameplay and what players can actually do. The new tractors, harvesters and stuff like that should continue to be released but as mods on the ingame ModHub or as single free to download modpacks like the Horsch and Holmer stuff was this year (I know Console Players prefer this as it doesn't then use their mod storage storage limit).

We shouldn't need to rely on the modders and mod authors to keep bring functionality and expand gameplay with every game release.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Holmer was a DLC
Horsch was a mod
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

Terrain modification tool was added after release. Also when new functions are added it usually "breaks" mods(mainly maps).
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Way2drunk2walk wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:16 pm Terrain modification tool was added after release. Also when new functions are added it usually "breaks" mods(mainly maps).
Terrain Tool doesnt count as they were already working on that for FS19, just hadn't had time to iron out the bugs before FS19 released, which is why it wasn't included at release, but was added in the first patch at their earliest chance.
Map Authors just need to do an update to their map to include new functions or crop types that Giants add. It's not terribly difficult and certainly no reason for Giants to go two years without adding anything or expanding on their game. It would also be more interesting I think for the map makers to see new stuff coming out for them to build into and include in their maps.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:32 pm Just hire a worker to run the combine and go unload the truck
I believe the bigger point is that the game should be able to handle all tasks so the player can play the portions of the game they want, not being forced to play another task because the game doesn't support those activities. I don't mind playing chaser to combines, but other players probably hate it and would prefer to drive the combine while the helper shuttles grain from the combine to a truck/bin.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

All of this is possible with Courseplay on PC.
But yea, if you are on Console, i would not be in your skin.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:46 pm I agree that it would be great if you could hire a worker for any task. But his question specifically was, how is one person supposed to run a large farm. Now yes, maybe he wants to run the combine but what if his farm becomes so big that he wants 2 combined? He cant run both at the same time.
Easiet big farm to run is cotton because the everything can run on it's own with a helper. The harvesters will self unload and the only part that has to be done manually is picking up the cotton bales.

Grain farm = have to chase combines and shuttle to silo
Silage farm = have to chase forage harvester and shuttle silo or perform baling tasks
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

on PS4, FS17 estancia lapacho with 3 day seasons( south american? GEO allowing all arable fields to be planted 2x year) I was running 75-80 ha between the fields I bought and some I made along with all animal types. there are certain jobs you just have to do, others you let the AI do, and some you share with the AI, just depended on timing and what I felt like at the time.

I guess what I'm saying is a good size farm is possible by yourself, you just have to work at it some.

I just haven't made this kind of progress yet in FS19, since we just got seasons for console
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I run a large farm on loneoak just takes patience to do it all if you're on console
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I run a large farm on lone oak, welker, and owned every field, but 6 on dahl ranch. Even new woodshire I merged field together.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I think one exception may be licenced American "trucks". There must be a new thread or post asking for an F150 or whatever every couple of days.
herrman

Post by herrman »

What I really miss (don't think to be the one and only) it's something as functional and easy to setup as the old Farming2009 PathTractor. setting up two combines in the same field, a chaser and a carrier to get the transport done used to take a breeze. Number of combines was choosable by an easy menu, headland turn was handled by system without calculations, tricks or so, combines were always on the external side of crops making easier to unload, you could also make the combine to go unload directly on the trailer waiting on headland
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

I agree with the OP. I'd gladly pay for a DLC that included some of these "mods with scripts" that we console users can't currently have... unless it happens to win a national award. Admittedly, I don't know the process, but the release of Seasons to console shows that most if not all mods are at least possible on console.

Maybe it depends on the willingness of the mod maker, and I get that. But if the only hold up is that it has to go through Giants for these console script mods, why don't they at least pick one of the most downloaded every few months or whatever, and make it a DLC for console. If not the big game changers like courseplay or follow me, then at least little things like manual attach, or multiple sleep locations. To the OP's point, they clearly have time to make new things for FS19, and yes I think we're pretty good on vehicle selection.

The only thing I can think of is that they're already getting paid on the front end by manufacturers who want their new machines added to the game for advertising, so the DLC money on the back end is just gravy. While time invested into making scripted mods would only pay, hopefully, on the back end.
PS4