Post by mpochylko » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:18 am

Massey Ferguson 860 combine
Swather of any brand

FarmCatJenkins

Re: Mod Ideas..?

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Illinois Farmer wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:28 pm
Have spent lots of time on lone oak. I have cut lots of trees down even buried ones and haven't had a problem. Maybe it is the operator?
The trees inside the horseshoe of the starting field (43 I think?)
I wanted to clear all those trees out and turn that into a square field but the small ones can't be cut
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

Currently Playing:
Sussex Farms: 92 hours
Year 3, 6 day seasons
-Fiat, JCB, and Deutz-Fahr

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:55 pm

Those Trees around Field 43, and some others around the Grass Field near the cows, below Field 29 were only removable by doing so with Giants Editor. I spent hours with a chainsaw, the TRex, the Bruks All-in-One and could get none of those trees to cut. I even spent time and money with the terrain tool lowering the ground to get to the trunks/bases of the trees and still could not remove them. I even tried tricks suggested by people of driving round near the trees or searching near the trees because sometimes the cutting trigger is a bit offset and out of position due to the trees being scaled down in size, but that didn't work. So eventually I just did all the edits in Giants Editor to remove the problem trees. I then packaged the whole map back up and made it available online for other PC Players who don't like the buried trees. It's the same Lone Oak just without some of the headache. I still maintain correct credits to Bullet Bill and Oxygen David and I receive nothing in reward for doing so, apart from thanks from players who didn't like buried trees on the map.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Twitch Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.twitch.tv/cwattyeso :this:

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:51 pm

cwattyeso wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:55 pm
I then packaged the whole map back up and made it available online for other PC Players who don't like the buried trees.
Do you have the link for said map edit? I think you'd be my hero.

I've never touched Giants Editor but would like to start. Know any good tutorials out there?
Facebook Page

Currently Playing:
Year 3, 6 day seasons

Kkomar161

Post by Kkomar161 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:52 pm

i would like to see a woodchipper like we had on fs 17 that went onto the hooklift truck...that thing was awesome

BulletBill

Post by BulletBill » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:25 pm

cwattyeso wrote:
Those Trees around Field 43, and some others around the Grass Field near the cows, below Field 29 were only removable by doing so with Giants Editor. I spent hours with a chainsaw, the TRex, the Bruks All-in-One and could get none of those trees to cut. I even spent time and money with the terrain tool lowering the ground to get to the trunks/bases of the trees and still could not remove them. I even tried tricks suggested by people of driving round near the trees or searching near the trees because sometimes the cutting trigger is a bit offset and out of position due to the trees being scaled down in size, but that didn't work. So eventually I just did all the edits in Giants Editor to remove the problem trees. I then packaged the whole map back up and made it available online for other PC Players who don't like the buried trees. It's the same Lone Oak just without some of the headache. I still maintain correct credits to Bullet Bill and Oxygen David and I receive nothing in reward for doing so, apart from thanks from players who didn't like buried trees on the map.
I appreciate you "fixing" our map. But on what authority or permission did you have to publicly upload our mod creation to another site?

Just the other day you posted about showing respect to modders. This seems rather hypocritical.

If you had asked either of us first we would likely have been ok with it. Even if you were just sharing it privately with a few friends that would also have been fine. But the fact you went ahead and uploaded publicly , without asking is massively insulting, plus you have no right to do that. It is not your creation to decide what to do with.

If you wish to have that right then make your own map from scratch.

I would respectfully request you remove that public download link.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU

Nathan_6930

Post by Nathan_6930 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:40 pm

lol

I still maintain correct credits to Bullet Bill and Oxygen David and I receive nothing in reward for doing so

so you did your edit and uploaded it with out permission and yet you think you should be rewarded

maybe if you actually respected modders and mappers and asked first things might of been different

any way thats my 2 cents

last thing i will say is buried trees for the win

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:58 pm

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:48 pm
The trees inside the horseshoe of the starting field (43 I think?)
I wanted to clear all those trees out and turn that into a square field but the small ones can't be cut
It is possible with the trex. I got them on xbox one. Just hit it with the corner of the trex. Sometimes to get rid of a stump, you have to save and exit and reload the save.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user and newly pc user.

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:01 pm

Illinois Farmer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:58 pm

It is possible with the trex. I got them on xbox one. Just hit it with the corner of the trex. Sometimes to get rid of a stump, you have to save and exit and reload the save.
You're talking about the real short ones that are only like 6 feet tall? I tried for about an hour one night lol. Gave up and went and bought the game on PC :lol:
Facebook Page

Currently Playing:
Year 3, 6 day seasons

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Yes I am. I got them all removed with the trex. Hit with the corner of the trex. Like the right corner only. Once you find the sweet spot on one. It will be for all of them. Just have to maneuver around certain spots. Attack them from the wooded area, like the pond side of the tree. I leveled the ground as I moved too.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user and newly pc user.

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Hats off to you! You have more patience then me
Facebook Page

Currently Playing:
Year 3, 6 day seasons

juf.de

Post by juf.de » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 pm

i had a similar problem in countyline and didn't get the trx to work on the small ones, but the fsi from the basegame did work.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 pm

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:19 pm
Hats off to you! You have more patience then me
Yes it took some work, but I wanted it done, so it was worth it.

TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:37 pm

BulletBill wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:25 pm
cwattyeso wrote:
Those Trees around Field 43, and some others around the Grass Field near the cows, below Field 29 were only removable by doing so with Giants Editor.
If you had asked either of us first we would likely have been ok with it. Even if you were just sharing it privately with a few friends that would also have been fine. But the fact you went ahead and uploaded publicly , without asking is massively insulting, plus you have no right to do that. It is not your creation to decide what to do with.

Not cool at all. Please comply with BulletBill's request. I'd be insulted too..

The "buried" trees are part of the reason the map looks realistic and organic. The forests actually look amazing, it's an awesomly effective idea.

Please do not rape modders maps in future, especially not BullitBills/ODs. You can't improve on perfection.
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61

Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:29 pm

TaintedBlackCat wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:37 pm
BulletBill wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:25 pm
cwattyeso wrote:
Those Trees around Field 43, and some others around the Grass Field near the cows, below Field 29 were only removable by doing so with Giants Editor.

Not cool at all. Please comply with BulletBill's request. I'd be insulted too..

The "buried" trees are part of the reason the map looks realistic and organic. The forests actually look amazing, it's an awesomly effective idea.

Please do not rape modders maps in future, especially not BullitBills/ODs. You can't improve on perfection.
Perfection doesn’t exist. You always need to work on improving yourself. But its a big shame people just publish somebody elses work
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen: