Mod Ideas..?

Dairydeere

Re: Mod Ideas..?

Post by Dairydeere »

Where I live, grapes and orchards are more dominant than dairy farms and grain farms. There is also a new onion growing company setting up shop in the area. However, I live in Washington State, USA, so that doesn’t say much for Europe
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
239amg

Post by 239amg »

kintino wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:12 am The problem with grapes and things is that they're not the staple or universal crops, so a lot of people won't be interested in them.

Going back to FS17's Platinum DLC, I wonder how many actually bought it for the sugar cane and how many have used it since? I didn't buy it and I don't think I know anyone who did.

Sure the map (well the buildings) looked superb, but the problem with sugar cane was that it looked so tedious, cumbersome and frankly boring (even with the biggest and most expensive equipment) that I wouldn't want to do it. But GIANTS probably spent considerable development time on it and maybe hundreds of thousands of Euros creating and marketing it. Was it worth it? Probably only they and Focus know that. The same goes for any 'side work' (non-staple or common) really.

The trick is finding enough fresh aspects to give the game variation whilst also ensuring those aspects are interesting and enjoyable. Something I personally don't think grapes would be.

This is why it took a group of inspired modders to create Seasons and why GIANTS never introduced it in a previous game. Much of the year is fairly barren in FS with little to do, so if a seasonal aspect is to make it into FS21 or a future game, then GIANTS will need to flesh out the game with more extensive and varied winter and spring work while keeping it interesting. Given maps are based on locales that's not a task I envy.
It is even understandable that many do not like FS17 Platinum DLC due to the region it is based on, sugar is mainly grown in South America and is also widely used for silage and cattle feed including many producers make bales from cane straw .

I always see players growing sugar cane in at least one of their fields, but I don't see anyone growing sugar beet :lol: , that kind of crop doesn't really grow here.

I like growing sugar beets compared to potatoes which are both grown here in Wisconsin/Michigan
239amg

Post by 239amg »

239amg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:39 pm
kintino wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:12 am The problem with grapes and things is that they're not the staple or universal crops, so a lot of people won't be interested in them.

Going back to FS17's Platinum DLC, I wonder how many actually bought it for the sugar cane and how many have used it since? I didn't buy it and I don't think I know anyone who did.

Sure the map (well the buildings) looked superb, but the problem with sugar cane was that it looked so tedious, cumbersome and frankly boring (even with the biggest and most expensive equipment) that I wouldn't want to do it. But GIANTS probably spent considerable development time on it and maybe hundreds of thousands of Euros creating and marketing it. Was it worth it? Probably only they and Focus know that. The same goes for any 'side work' (non-staple or common) really.

The trick is finding enough fresh aspects to give the game variation whilst also ensuring those aspects are interesting and enjoyable. Something I personally don't think grapes would be.

This is why it took a group of inspired modders to create Seasons and why GIANTS never introduced it in a previous game. Much of the year is fairly barren in FS with little to do, so if a seasonal aspect is to make it into FS21 or a future game, then GIANTS will need to flesh out the game with more extensive and varied winter and spring work while keeping it interesting. Given maps are based on locales that's not a task I envy.
It is even understandable that many do not like FS17 Platinum DLC due to the region it is based on, sugar is mainly grown in South America and is also widely used for silage and cattle feed including many producers make bales from cane straw .

I always see players growing sugar cane in at least one of their fields, but I don't see anyone growing sugar beet :lol: , that kind of crop doesn't really grow here.
239amg

Post by 239amg »

I like growing sugar beets compared to potatoes which are both grown here in Wisconsin/Michigan
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:46 am Giants don't have the license for Ford or Renault.
But they do for Case IH and New Holland, who are part of the same company. And since New Holland bought Ford, I think bringing Ford tractors to the game shouldn't be hard. There is one on the modhub I think, a small one.

Regarding the grapes and orchards. I think most of the players of this game are European, with USA probably a close second. Europe is full of orchards and vineyards, and in the USA they have them too. So their main playerbase is covered. I think it would be very cool for them to bring it to FS21. However as for making them as a mod. It has been done, currently there is a vineyard mod for FS19. However as a mod it's really hard to do I think. It is mostly to do with how crops work in the game. Giants would have to redo the whole crop system before making such a mod would be possible.
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

In regards to the licensing, I am 99% sure that Ford you saw on Modhub is a Ford 6810 Gen III that is only available for PC since PCs are not restricted by licensing issues
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

There is a New Holland on consoles that has an option to badge it as a Ford. I thought that was odd. Its the New Holland 70 Series.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

For mod ideas, I would like to see a front mounted windrower that forms the row center. I saw a video of one in real life and thought it was interesting.

Would also love to see the Kirovets K-700A come to consoles. I really liked that thing in FS17.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Boost_GLR wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 am For mod ideas, I would like to see a front mounted windrower that forms the row center. I saw a video of one in real life and thought it was interesting.
Take alook at this one. Xou can switch to windrow mode:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Boost_GLR wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:30 am There is a New Holland on consoles that has an option to badge it as a Ford. I thought that was odd. Its the New Holland 70 Series.
When you look at it there is no Ford emblem on it, it only says Ford on the decals the steering wheel and bonnet emblems are still new Holland. Until Giants has a Ford licence which I very much doubt will happen that will not change. The Ford emblem is nothing to do with case/new hollanf/fiatagri.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Eische wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:37 am
Boost_GLR wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 am For mod ideas, I would like to see a front mounted windrower that forms the row center. I saw a video of one in real life and thought it was interesting.
Take alook at this one. Xou can switch to windrow mode:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
LOL! I downloaded that a long time ago and never realized it did that.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:26 am
Boost_GLR wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:30 am There is a New Holland on consoles that has an option to badge it as a Ford. I thought that was odd. Its the New Holland 70 Series.
When you look at it there is no Ford emblem on it, it only says Ford on the decals the steering wheel and bonnet emblems are still new Holland. Until Giants has a Ford licence which I very much doubt will happen that will not change. The Ford emblem is nothing to do with case/new hollanf/fiatagri.
Oh ok, I did not think about the emblem.
irishfarmer94

Post by irishfarmer94 »

Anyone in a position to bring the Saphir Silage Pack from 17 to consoles for 19?
Aj lag

Post by Aj lag »

I like to see an pick up truck with an snow plw mout and salt spreader and manson dump bed and regular bed woth dual rear wheels and in single rear wheels