Looking for a Good UK Map Alternative to Greenwich Valley for a MP Server?

Sinclaircool

Re: Looking for a Good UK Map Alternative to Greenwich Valley for a MP Server?

Post by Sinclaircool »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:19 pm I have been running a dedicated server with the Greenwich Valley map since early December. However today the players and myself had quite a discussion due to the serious issues this map has and some of the bugs which have been discussed on these forums, had Bug Reports opened and submitted and as of yet have had zero response from Giants or Greenbale the author. So we've decided we want to change the map. I sadly don't have the necessary skills with Giants Editor or the time to try and fix the issues and save the map.

I haven't really been following too much with map releases of late myself and certainly not paid much attention outside of ModHub stuff. So what is another good UK styled map that we should look at and possibly play on?

We won't play on Marwell Manor or Oakfield Farm as all players have played those previously in single player or on other multiplayer maps.
We don't want any maps with just square or rectangle fields, we want something more interesting and true to life.
Map sellpoints must support the selling of all in game materials so things like seed, fertiliser, herbicide, fuel etc must be able to be sold and price screen must show prices, as we use production/global company mods to extend gameplay.
All fields must on a map must have contracts, so players who wish to spend their time doing contracts can do so.
Map doesn't need to be seasons compatible as we wont be running seasons on this server.
Map must be a Standard Size Map, No 4x or larger, as it becomes too difficult to manage with only 10 player slots available and normally only 2 or 3 people on at the same time.
Map doesn't need to be limited to just what is on the ModHub, maps on other sites will be considered, but must be easily downloadable without needing to register on any sites or visit and malware infested, advert infested sites/links, and must not have some download link that takes 24 hours to download.

So what would people recommend?
I would recommend shamrock valley
Don't leak mods
cwattyeso

Re: Looking for a Good UK Map Alternative to Greenwich Valley for a MP Server?

Post by cwattyeso »

We did look at that but unfortunately the other players decided it was too small, because it doesn't actually fill and use the entire area within the standard map size template. So it looks as though we'll be doing Ballydorn instead, I just need to find sometime now this week to sit down with the map and the editor and tidy up and change a few little things to make it server and multiplayer ready.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*