FS 19 Seasons: Are horses worth it?

Colmkelliher

Re: FS 19 Seasons: Are horses worth it?

Post by Colmkelliher »

[b][b][b][/b][/b][/b][quote=bojanh66 post_id=1225918 time=1578468423 user_id=107364]
Talking about millions...with 150 holstein cows on 6 day seasons, during autumn when their milk production is at maximum, you will earn easy 500-600k from milk...+ lots of manure for sale.
Some animals in seasons feels like money cheating, it is really way too much profitable and i lose interest to play when i become too rich and buy whatever i want.
And thats on Hard difficulty, cant even imagine what its like on medium or easy.
So yea, you can earn millions on certain animals during just 1 ingame year.
[/quote]
Do you cut the grass daily? Because I read in seasons guide in the help menu that grass only lasts two days or something like that so it is impossible to therefore stockpile it like you would with hay or straw.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

How do you actually sell/remove them once you'd added them?

Playing Lone Oak on PS4 and it won't highlight them. I accidentally added 3 that I now either have to take care of or just let die as I'm not ready to do them in my playthrough yet....
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Do you cut the grass daily? Because I read in seasons guide in the help menu that grass only lasts two days or something like that so it is impossible to therefore stockpile it like you would with hay or straw.
I dont use grass at all for TMR mixture, only hay, straw and silage.
And thats true, grass does last only 2 days, but basically you dont need grass, just turn it into hay and it will last forever if its stored properly.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Im thinking that you want seasons and realistic gameplay, but you also complain that you don’t make €500.000 on stabling horses...? You think they make that kind of money IRL? I’m willing to bet you’d be lucky to be left with €500 after maintenance cost, food and water, power etc
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Do you actually have to ride the horses to make money in seasons or can you just take care of them and still earn an income?
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

If I have horses I train them once it is too dark for field work, turn the speed back to 1x. I find a large area to gallop in circles and use a rubber band to pull the sticks of my controller together so I can leave the game to train horse while I go make a coffee or do something else for 5-10mins.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:59 am If I have horses I train them once it is too dark for field work, turn the speed back to 1x. I find a large area to gallop in circles and use a rubber band to pull the sticks of my controller together so I can leave the game to train horse while I go make a coffee or do something else for 5-10mins.
That's a good idea lol. Because to be honest with you... Riding horses is probably the most boring thing in this game IMO
Edcion

Post by Edcion »

I have a 5 year old daughter who loves to “ride the horses” everyday while I make lunch or something.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:59 am If I have horses I train them once it is too dark for field work, turn the speed back to 1x. I find a large area to gallop in circles and use a rubber band to pull the sticks of my controller together so I can leave the game to train horse while I go make a coffee or do something else for 5-10mins.
Not sure if seasons changes anything but in the base game horse exercising is solely based on time (5 mins) so walking is just as effective as galloping. Just find a straight line with no obstacles and leave it well alone.