FS 19 Seasons: Are horses worth it?

WyattLucas

FS 19 Seasons: Are horses worth it?

Post by WyattLucas »

Just got Seasons on my Xbox One. I have a stable with 8 horses in it. Playing on easy mode, it's my first farm. The work and time I put into horses in standard game seemed like the pay off was worth it. Now, all I get is the daily income. Right now I get about $7200 a day , but the amount of time it takes to get the daily riding on 8 horses it just doesn't seem worth it anymore. On top of that the amount of straw, hay, and oats....Is there a way to make it better or do horses just stink on seasons. I spend most of the day riding around while the helpers tend the field. Are there any tips or tricks to the daily riding done faster? It's hard to imagine what people do with the 16 horse paddock. Thoughts? Comments?

Edit Farmer1602 : moved from french forum to english form.
Phigo

Re: FS 19 Seasons: Are horses worth it?

Post by Phigo »

Well... from a calculating side: you get 900 $ per Horse every day. On a base of ten days in which you Level them up to 100 % in the basegame to get the full amount of 50000 $ you have 41000 $ (- 5000 $ for buying in basegame) less. that make them feel less attractive in comparision to the basegame.

but it is a fact on how Seasons work. I don't see a way to Change it. What can you do besides take it as it is?

If you are running Seasons on a faster Speed than 1x (I Play on 15x and 6-day-season) you could turn down the gamespeed for the time you ride the horses. So you would still ride 40 Minutes real-time. that would save you 9 Hours and 20 minutes every ingame-day (if you're playing on 15x). Your are still riding 40 minutes but you have more time left working your fields.
PS4 und PC
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Don’t bother riding them, I got half of that with no riding at all
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Horses are broken in Seasons.
You dont need to give them any straw,water,hay,oats, just ride them and you will earn money.
Once they health goes down to 0%, return them and take another pack of horses with 100% health.
Repeat and profit.
Broken :(
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

You dont buy and sell horses with Seasons Phigo. It''s taking care of them and getting paid for that every day or something.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I use horses just for an income stream in the winter. They get shipped off on the last day of Late Winter on my 9 day seasons
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Alagos wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:38 pm You dont buy and sell horses with Seasons Phigo. It''s taking care of them and getting paid for that every day or something.
I never said that. When I was saying -5000 for buying was referring to the basegame without Seasons to compare the two Systems.

What I will try to do is taking care of 2 horses over the next winter. First winter was fun trying to mess around with the snow and refilling greenhouses on Sussex farm but the next winter will be horses. *thumbsup*
PS4 und PC
oyildirim

Post by oyildirim »

I agree, I really love the seasons mod but it ruins the horses for me. The base game horse system is much better.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Nope. And seasons has also made chickens worth nothing unless you have a few hundred. Some changes aren't right and my interest in seasons 19 is quickly withering to nothing.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
iw_shawn

Post by iw_shawn »

Horses are just expensive hay burners in modern life. You should have to pay upkeep to keep them.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:02 pm Nope. And seasons has also made chickens worth nothing unless you have a few hundred. Some changes aren't right and my interest in seasons 19 is quickly withering to nothing.
Base-Game-Chickens don't make any Money if you have just few… With Seasons I have a chicken-coop and every once in a while I sell some eggs. They don't take much Food so it is good Money for not so much work. After the next Harvest I will try the next days of cornish cross.

I don't expect to make millions out of animals. But that is what I think it is in real life...
PS4 und PC
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Talking about millions...with 150 holstein cows on 6 day seasons, during autumn when their milk production is at maximum, you will earn easy 500-600k from milk...+ lots of manure for sale.
Some animals in seasons feels like money cheating, it is really way too much profitable and i lose interest to play when i become too rich and buy whatever i want.
And thats on Hard difficulty, cant even imagine what its like on medium or easy.
So yea, you can earn millions on certain animals during just 1 ingame year.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

But for that 150 Holstein - how do you get the needed amount of Food? Do you produce by yourself or do you buy the tmr?

I only have 40 Holstein and 40 Ayrshire - all in their first year, so no Milk for me this autumn - and they eat so much Food, that I don't know how to manage more of them.
PS4 und PC
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I produce it, 2-3 average grass fields which i turns into hay and silage bales, some straw bales from wheat harvest and thats it.
grass fields i mow are sheep and cow pastures on Oakfield farm and number 3 field.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Phigo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:06 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:02 pm Nope. And seasons has also made chickens worth nothing unless you have a few hundred. Some changes aren't right and my interest in seasons 19 is quickly withering to nothing.
Base-Game-Chickens don't make any Money if you have just few… With Seasons I have a chicken-coop and every once in a while I sell some eggs. They don't take much Food so it is good Money for not so much work. After the next Harvest I will try the next days of cornish cross.

I don't expect to make millions out of animals. But that is what I think it is in real life...
I just sold 100 Cornish Cross playing on 9 day seasons after 6 in game days and made a profit of 700 bucks. And they ate less than 2k in wheat. So my new strategy is buying 100 Cornish Cross everyday and by the time my pen fills up I will be ready to sell my first 100, steady income of 600 to 700 bucks everyday with absolutely no work needed
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins