What trailer for the sugarcane harvester?

Nighteyez

What trailer for the sugarcane harvester?

Post by Nighteyez »

Hello fellow farmers.

I am using the Estancia Lapacho map in FS19, and I made the field just north of the ranch house sugarcane. I bought two harvesters, and large semi trailers to cut down the harvest time, but am thinking of selling them and the two tractors and buying the self propelled harvester from Case. Problem is, I made a test account and bought it so I could find what trailer works with it. Since the recommended trailers in the list of the harvester do not exist in the game. And I have found out that none work with it. I tried the trailers in the sugarcane section of the dealership, and the ones in the regular trailer section that can handle sugarcane. None work. Makes no sense to me why they would sell a sugarcane harvester without providing a trailer for it. Am I supposed to follow the worker around with my own tractor/trailer? If so, I will save my money and just keep the two tractors/trailers I have now.
Jim

Going through life one crop at a time. :coolnew:
FS-19 PC
EyesJoshuaMF

Re: What trailer for the sugarcane harvester?

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

I don’t know about the trailers, but if you’re on PC, I’d keep the equipment you’ve got, and use the mod ‘follow me’ to have the trailer follow you whilst you harvest...

Takes a minute to learn and works greatly! :biggrin2:
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I use one of the IT Runner Trailers with an Auger Wagon Attachment towed directly behind the Sugar Cane Harvester, then because I'm also on PC I use Follow Me to have a truck drive beside the auger trailer and keep that unloaded. When the truck gets full I just switch it over to Courseplay and let it go and deliver the sugar cane to the silo at the farm, and grab another truck I have on stand by beside the field and just keep rotating truck.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

Thanks for the replies. So without mods, the self propelled sugarcane harvester that comes in the game is useless. :(
Jim

FS-19 PC
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

Suger cane harvester takes pin hitches. Unfortunately HKD 302 is the only 1 i know that works well but 21k capacity. I know of some 30k ish trailers, HKD 402, with pin hitch but trailers are a tad too tall and too close to harvester to work well, straight line good, turning bad.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

Thanks, will have to check it out. I have deleted that save game because I found out the AI helpers have no clue how to handle sugarcane. The skip rows, they stop for no reason or notification, and I have to play them manually for a bit to get them to restart. :( Will make a new one and try again, using a different field this time.
Jim

FS-19 PC
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

Well that trailer does not work. It will connect, but the harvester arm hits the top of it, causing the back end of the harvester to sit up in the air and then no traction. I guess I will just have to be satisfied with the TKD 302 (the model without the steering front wheels) and it's minuscule 21k rating. :( Going to be a lot of trips to the seller. Unless they have allowed sugarcane to be stored in the silos now.
Jim

FS-19 PC
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Nighteyez wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:25 pm Well that trailer does not work. It will connect, but the harvester arm hits the top of it, causing the back end of the harvester to sit up in the air and then no traction. I guess I will just have to be satisfied with the TKD 302 (the model without the steering front wheels) and it's minuscule 21k rating. :( Going to be a lot of trips to the seller. Unless they have allowed sugarcane to be stored in the silos now.
This maybe https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 it has an auger so you can empty it easier.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Or this larger capacity
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Doesn't alien Jim shed store everything, including sugar cane?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:43 pm Doesn't alien Jim shed store everything, including sugar cane?
The multi storage silos also. A lot off mods that can store everything now.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I forget about those.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

See if a dolly will attach to the harvester. Might open up a few options.
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

I tried the dolly, but it will not connect. Was hoping the extra length would work, but no go. Different pin type.
Just downloaded the two linked trailers, will install them.
Jim

FS-19 PC
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

Thanks for trying, but none of them work. Either wrong hitch type, or the arm hits the top of the trailer. Just going to have to live with the TKD 302's small capacity.
Jim

FS-19 PC