Addon "Straw Harvest" for Farming Simulator 19!

Pict

Addon "Straw Harvest" for Farming Simulator 19!

Post by Pict »

I really enjoyed this Add-on in FS17 and I'm really looking forward to it in FS19, here some info about it.
The scheduled release of the addon is early 2020 for pc and consoles. Yes, also the console players can look forward to a version
https://www.facebook.com/pg/CreativeMeshUG/posts/

Anyone else looking forward to this Add-on? :biggrin2:

Oh and a slightly belated Happy New Year to you all :hi:
MrSquealypig

Re: Addon "Straw Harvest" for Farming Simulator 19!

Post by MrSquealypig »

This is a thing that confuses me. Is it a mod or a DLC?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

A third party dlc.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

What exactly is it? I dont understand it, we already have straw in game.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Yes but you never have enough straw, with this dlc you get even more straw.

Joke aside, this pack consists of some equipment made by Krone to collect and process straw, one can make round bales in different sizes, another one makes square bales and you can attach a matching collecting waggon to it, so there are always 3 instead of a single bale laying around, then there's a bale grabber to grab all 3 bales at the same time. And then there's a trailed processor to make pellets out of straw, which is a sellable product.

here'S a showcase video from fs17:
Last edited by juf.de on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

juf.de wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:02 pm Yes but you never have enough straw, with this dlc you get even mroe straw.

Joke aside, this pack consits of some equipment made by Krone to collect and process straw, one can make round bales in different sizes, another one makes square bales and you can attach a matching collecting waggon to it, so there are always 3 instead of a single bale laying around, then there's a bale grabber to grab all 3 bales at the same time. and then there's a trailed processor to make pellets out of straw, which is a sellable product.
This got me all tingly inside :coolnew:
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

redglasses wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:20 pm A third party dlc.
What exactly is a third party DLC? How does that make its way to console? As a mod or DLC?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Pict

Post by Pict »

Krd1749 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:01 pm This is a thing that confuses me. Is it a mod or a DLC?
As redglasses correctly stated, it is a 3rd party DLC.

My understanding of how that came about is that winners of the mod contest https://farming-simulator.com/mods.php? ... est&page=0 get a chance to make a 3rd party commercial Add-on or DLC for Farming Simulator.

bm-modding https://www.facebook.com/bm.modding/ won the FS15 mod contest with their excellent Krone Ultima CF 155 XC baler.

https://youtu.be/LyqtCA_lVsM

This meant they had the go ahead from Giants Software to make a commercial 3rd party DLC for FS17 and they went on to produce the Straw Add-on for FS17 under the company name of Creative Mesh.

================

Curiously it has never been very much mentioned at least on the forum, at least the English version, even when it was available for FS17. That's why I made this post the moment I was aware of it, which was today. I feel they deserve a mention as I think it's an absolutely excellent product.
Last edited by Pict on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Pict wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:23 pm
Krd1749 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:01 pm This is a thing that confuses me. Is it a mod or a DLC?
As redglasses correctly stated, it is a 3rd party DLC.

My understanding of how that came about is that winners of the mod contest https://farming-simulator.com/mods.php? ... est&page=0 get a chance to make a 3rd party commercial Add-on or DLC for Farming Simulator.

bm-modding https://www.facebook.com/bm.modding/ won the FS15 mod contest with their excellent Krone Ultima CF 155 XC baler.

https://youtu.be/LyqtCA_lVsM

This meant they had the go ahead to make a commercial 3rd party DLC for FS17 and they went on to produce the Straw Add-on for FS17 under the company name of Creative Mesh.
Giants never published this dlc that was done on a third party website on fs17. Don’t know how they are going to do it for fs19
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Pict wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:23 pmAs redglasses correctly stated, it is a 3rd party DLC.

It almost certainly won't be a DLC for FS19 - certainly not for consoles at least (third-party commercial DLCs aren't allowed on consoles). Presumably it will just be a free mod released through the ModHub the same as any other mod.

As for the Mod Contest DLC that was limited to the FS17 Mod Contest, and you didn't have to win it (just needed to be placed in the top three of any category I seem to recall) to present your ideas for a third party DLC (which GIANTS paid for and published). The sole winning entries were MattXJS's Modern Classics DLC and the yet-to-be released (if it ever will be) Grimme DLC from FSI Modding.

There was no such reward for the Mod Contest for FS15. However Creative Mesh are extremely close to GIANTS and Krone - indeed the Krone team for the Farming Simulator League is made up of Creative Mesh members and they were at Agritechnica taking part in FSL and answering questions about the FS19 version of the Straw Harvest DLC.

Fifty1990 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:27 pm Giants never published this dlc that was done on a third party website on fs17. Don’t know how they are going to do it for fs19
While GIANTS neither published it nor supported it (in terms of software support), they did give Creative Mesh permission to publish it. To this day it's one of only two third-party DLCs for which they've done this.

As I said above, expect the Straw Harvest DLC to be a free mod for FS19, not a DLC as such. The console version will keep as much functionality as possible without external scripts (that may mean that certain aspects are missing from the console version).
Pict

Post by Pict »

That makes sense and follows the pattern already set out by Giants for previous DLC's of theirs that were released free for following iteration of the game. It would also be hard to imagine that they would expect to be paid twice for it, one for FS17 & again for FS19.

Indeed, Creative Mesh's own statement, that I quoted in my OP, made no mention of it being payware.
The scheduled release of the addon is early 2020 for pc and consoles. Yes, also the console players can look forward to a version
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You missed the pro farm dlc for fs11 or 13 which was a 3rd party dlc aswell.

edit: it seems the name is censored, i meant p.r.o.f.a.r.m
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

juf.de wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:56 pm You missed the PF dlc for fs11 or 13 which was a 3rd party dlc aswell.
Which I believe, as a very unofficial DLC without permission, is why the rule about permission/invites for third-party DLCs came about in the first place.

Probably also the reason that GIANTS added the T&C clause of content created with GE automatically belonging to GIANTS (up until FS17 I think it was, when the rights of content was returned the creator).
Last edited by this_is_gav on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

that might be
Playing on PC
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

So do you think there will be any other paid DLCs for FS19 or was Platinum the end?