GREENWICH VALLY Terrain editing & peaceable issues

NickD94

GREENWICH VALLY Terrain editing & peaceable issues

Post by NickD94 »

Cant seem to do much terrain editing at all on the map I thought I could make my own farm around fields 105,121,108,120,124,125,107,106,104 103,95 and others in that area this area is bottom right corner around the storage area I thought it would be a great place to make a farm but cant do much terrain editing in the fields and yes I have bought them even the surrounding fields and still cant do to much. There is also issues when placing placeables the whole area is red that you cant place anything as for terrain editing Terrain can not be edited message always.
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
Barrcott

Re: GREENWICH VALLY Terrain editing & peaceable issues

Post by Barrcott »

NickD94 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:39 am Cant seem to do much terrain editing at all on the map I thought I could make my own farm around fields 105,121,108,120,124,125,107,106,104 103,95 and others in that area this area is bottom right corner around the storage area I thought it would be a great place to make a farm but cant do much terrain editing in the fields and yes I have bought them even the surrounding fields and still cant do to much. There is also issues when placing placeables the whole area is red that you cant place anything as for terrain editing Terrain can not be edited message always.
Bit of a challenge I know ....

Greenwich,
We're an organic farm on the south east on the map in what was field 123 the aim is to own from field 115 the lower side of the road down to field 125 the rest maybe used on contract work
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

For new farms or extensions I just use the big shed/smaller shed in the game and place it on a flat field and sell it back leaving a concrete pad, repeat this till new farm area is created, never liked the landscape tool should have had a back button for mistakes, at Greenwich Valley field 32 next to farm is ok as is field 98 it has to be flat and owned, and save game just before you do this in case problems with raised ground, if its not to bad I plant thick fir trees round to hide it, hope the council planning department don't see it!
Pastie One

Post by Pastie One »

Thought I'd have go on field 98 and everything fine until I come to remove section of hedge for driveway, G.E job or is there an easier way ? Have tried stump grinders and ploughing.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Pastie One wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:42 pm Thought I'd have go on field 98 and everything fine until I come to remove section of hedge for driveway, G.E job or is there an easier way ? Have tried stump grinders and ploughing.
Not on that map at the moment, I think I just used the entrance at the bottom, wish they all had ALiEN JiM's hedges it's a doodle using T-Rex, you might have to use G.E. if you know how to use it
Pastie One

Post by Pastie One »

Don't know how to use it. Saw gateway at bottom, just wanted something a little wider.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

That’s my farm on Greenwich, the farm is built at different height levels because I also couldn’t level out the ground but luckily it turned out alright
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Two very nice farm's how long did it take you both ? looks a fair bit of work, I play a lot of maps so a quick farm yard extension is ideal for me and all the placeables seem to work ok on it
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

To get the basic yard up it's very trial & error but I'd say I can get it right within an hour or so

Play time > Ford TW20
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

The fields I mention in the post I really wish the terrain could be edited more there is patches here and there in the fields but the you cant even paint alot of the area neither to make up for the terrain not being able to be edited cause u can not paint aswell I really hope for a update that will allow more terrain and paint editing on fields and such.
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

NickD94 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:21 am The fields I mention in the post I really wish the terrain could be edited more there is patches here and there in the fields but the you cant even paint alot of the area neither to make up for the terrain not being able to be edited cause u can not paint aswell I really hope for a update that will allow more terrain and paint editing on fields and such.
The editing tool can be a bit n miss in my farm I posted you'll see an earth berm between poultry houses 2 & 3 that I couldn't landscape out , both my Greenwich save games have been deleted now , but I had another go at it last night & found that if you clear & flatten with the smallest square you can flatten most of the area, the larger the square the more chances of hitting 'red' areas, as well as the cereal & poultry unit another save game was for a large dairy unit along with sheds & silage clamps

Play time > Ford TW20