Added Realism For Vehicles v1.1

hpmc13

Re: Added Realism For Vehicles v1.1

Post by hpmc13 »

j_maybury wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:12 pm Is the consensus that if you are using "REA", you should not use "Fill type mass adjust".???
Also, I do not see "MR Mods" on the Modhub. Is this an independent mod? and if so where can I find it.
I'm using both without conflict. To me everything feels "right" and the game is far less arcade-like. I personally recommend both.
Playing on PC
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Thank you BreadedVirus and hpmc13 I have tried it my self now and yes everything seems very stable, in fact, more so than normal. for once I had a long session without any corruption issues.
Nodd

Post by Nodd »

Equipment Shaking
I love this mod but it's causing my smaller equipment to shake, even when they're not moving. The shaking doesn't happen as much when driving on hard surfaces like concrete or a road but on grass, dirt or a field the shaking can get pretty bad. I notice this mostly happens on smaller trailers & equipment, larger heavier stuff seems fine. If I disable the Added Realism mod the shaking stops.

Real Mud Mod
The Real Mud mod simulates the effects of driving in muddy conditions. Depending on what tires you're using & how heavy your load is this can slow your speed down to a crawl as you sink into the mud. It can even cause you to get stuck. Unfortunately the Real Mud mod combined with the traction effects of Added Realism results in a stuck tractor regardless what size tires you use. It would be great if these two mods would play nice together.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Nodd wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:36 am Equipment Shaking
I love this mod but it's causing my smaller equipment to shake, even when they're not moving. The shaking doesn't happen as much when driving on hard surfaces like concrete or a road but on grass, dirt or a field the shaking can get pretty bad. I notice this mostly happens on smaller trailers & equipment, larger heavier stuff seems fine. If I disable the Added Realism mod the shaking stops.

Real Mud Mod
The Real Mud mod simulates the effects of driving in muddy conditions. Depending on what tires you're using & how heavy your load is this can slow your speed down to a crawl as you sink into the mud. It can even cause you to get stuck. Unfortunately the Real Mud mod combined with the traction effects of Added Realism results in a stuck tractor regardless what size tires you use. It would be great if these two mods would play nice together.
Re: b) YES this is most definitely an issue. I cannot thank the authors of both of these mods enough for their fantastic and remarkable contributions. Unfortunately this exact condition that Nodd describes is a real bummer which detracts from the realism and enjoyment of both of these awesome mods when they’re used together. Is there a way to make them more compatible in this regard? I would gladly contribute to a joint Patreon. Just saying.
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:47 am
Nodd wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:36 am Equipment Shaking

Real Mud Mod
Re: b) YES this is most definitely an issue. I cannot thank the authors of both of these mods enough for their fantastic and remarkable contributions. Unfortunately this exact condition that Nodd describes is a real bummer which detracts from the realism and enjoyment of both of these awesome mods when they’re used together. Is there a way to make them more compatible in this regard? I would gladly contribute to a joint Patreon. Just saying.
Hello!
Real mud an REA overwrites the same original scripts so they do not work as intended when used at the same time.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg
Nodd

Post by Nodd »

Right but maybe there's a way for these two mods to coexist? Perhaps REA could temporarily disable itself when it begins to rain? Or better yet, whenever the vehicle encounters mud from Real Mud?