Filling herbicide storage

george.earlslight

Re: Filling herbicide storage

Post by george.earlslight »

Try the HS8 included in the "Interactive Sprayers" packs.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Is it the VD Industries dark green tank? There’s a button you have to manually press on the tank to get the pipe to extend out if so
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
george.earlslight

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:21 am Is it the VD Industries dark green tank? There’s a button you have to manually press on the tank to get the pipe to extend out if so
If I remember correctly you need to extend the pipe only for taking out fertilizer, not storing in.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

george.earlslight wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:44 am
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:21 am Is it the VD Industries dark green tank? There’s a button you have to manually press on the tank to get the pipe to extend out if so
If I remember correctly you need to extend the pipe only for taking out fertilizer, not storing in.
You're right. Come to think of it I remember that tank was a bit finicky about filling it up
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
george.earlslight

Yeah, I've stopped using it in favour of Niksarko's Herbicide Tanks and Liquid Fertilizer Tank mods.
Those are also vertical, so they don't take up a lot of space.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:07 am I can't seem to figure out how to fill the herbicide storage silo mod I'm using. Is there a transport tank that will overload?
You need a truck or trailer with the overloading ability. Either of these should work. NB.,the trailer is found under Misc & the truck attachment if found under Animals - go figure, but that little bit of info should save you some time and a little frustration :hi:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=125587

These ones above are only two that I know of as all the others just drop pallets on the ground, like the two below. It's not hard to edit them to make them overload, I did this before but can't remember exactly how off the top of the head. It's just an .xml text edit anyhow I think :)

Update;- after a quick look it appears to be a bit more involved than I remember, might need a little bit of trigger work in the Giants Editor as well.

Be nice if these mods were updated to allow overloading, say as an option in the shop.

Pict

Post by Pict »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:24 pm Thanks for the replies, ya, Im using the vertical ones from Niksarko. I found the trailer you mentioned Pict and it does the trick, I forgot that truck could also mount the tanks, may have to try that as well
No worries. There are so many good mods out there it's hard to keep track of what's what. I missed another good mod that will work for you out of the box. It has a 17000l capacity which makes it more useful on bigger farms and it's turntable chassis means it'll turn on a dime.

It's the MZHT-16 trailer by FSSA Modding Team and available right here on Giants official modhub https://farming-simulator.com/mods.php? ... 491&page=0 the link is for all of FSSA Modding Team stuff on the modhub as I think it's good stuff and worth looking into. The MZHT-16 trailer can be bought as a slurry trailer, a water trailer, or a herbicide / liquid fertilizer shuttle tanker trailer, that can logically this time be found along with the trailed sprayers in game.

===========================================

While fooling around with this trying to get other trailers to overload herbicide & liquid fertilizer, I discovered that it's really east to make just about any slurry trailer work.

All you need to do is go into it's .xml file and change this line;
fillTypeCategories="slurryTank"
to this;
fillTypes="digestate liquidmanure liquidfertilizer herbicide water"

Not massively realistic, but it sure makes the super expensive Holmer Terra Variant 435 a little bit more versatile :)