[Giants] Do you actually listen to this forum?

Laughinggravy

Re: [Giants] Do you actually listen to this forum?

Post by Laughinggravy »

Try this Gothicking13 it's totally unrealistic but you can refuel any vehicle with it https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Alagos wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:15 pm We gotta stop talking about the 'community' in general. With the few dozen active people talking about the game and complaining/giving constructive criticism not even 1% of the playerbase is making anything known.

And tbh, most of the vocal people feel way to entitled.
- console players want the same things PC gets, which is literally impossible and has nothing to do with Giants not caring about those people.

- US/NA players want 'their' version of farming, while ignoring the fact that FS doesn't simulate most of the world when it comes to farming. It's not like I, and many other Europeans, wouldn't prefer the game to be more like our backyards, but you dont hear us complaining about it.

- And last, modders, modders kept pointing out, during the years of FS17, that the community is toxic, which I do agree with to a certain point. But these days modders aren't much better themselves. Sharing 'problems' they have with Giants that should be worked out privately with the 'community' and using them to attack Giants for no decent reason whatsoever.
I’m not sure anyone here is claiming to be some sort of authority on the community, just people having a discussion, voicing there grievance, and expressing their opinions. I would however like to point out the hypocrisy of you stating we should stop speaking for the community and then you follow that up by stating North American players complain that the game isn’t the way we farm in our backyards and then you “speak for the community” by saying many other European players would would prefer the game, that’s based off the farming practices of a European country, isn’t the way it is in your own.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Laughinggravy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:11 pm Try this Gothicking13 it's totally unrealistic but you can refuel any vehicle with it https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Thank you, m8. If it comes down to it, I will check this out. But, for now... alas, smaller and not as quick with the work required of it. My older CLAAS tractor is managing when shunting around my bales and pallets. Also got me a manure fork for my wheel loader, been filling my manure spreaders up with that. Give the Wheel Loader a little extra engine time as well, until now... she only came out to shunt around the Round Cotton Bales. Until then, I have towed my dear Telehandler into the sheds to keep her out of the weather until the nice mechanics at GIANTS Software can fill my order for a new Fuel Tank for her. :coolnew:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I know Giants likes to keep the FS series pretty secret till right before launch but i think getting more community feedback like what they did when they first started will go a long way in helping make a game with a more positve reception as well as showing the community they are still important. I think FS 21 is the most important release to date as FS 17 had issues that took several months to fix and FS 19 took over a year. I will not be buying 21 at launch for the first time since FS 15 which is saying somthing about my lack of optimism for 21 which is sad since i have well over 2,000 hours in the series since 13 and have either bought all the DLC or got the premium edition every year since it came to consoles.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I won't be buying FS21 before release, or until player feedback and reviews are out this time around.
The launch of FS19 was a shambles. All that hype, to be given a game full of serious bugs that rendered that game unplayable for months after launch and I believe that to this day, its not as good as FS17. There's no step forwards in incorporating key mods into the base game, nothing of any significance in improvement of realism or new features (that work), The only real significant change is a terrain editing feature that's soo bad, its not even worth using.
If 21 is anything like as shoddy as FS19 i probably wont even bother buying it. I really hope that giants change their production cycle and skip 21 and give us a seriously updated, working, sim. FS19 needs chucking in the bin and they need to start a fresh with a new game engine. If they try and fob us off with a polished turd of a game, I fear that its the end of the road for FS.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

blue_painted, maybe they don't need a new engine, but I think it would make a lot of people happy if they would finish something before moving on to something else. It appears the 2 year copy/paste cycle is starting to wear thin with more and more fans.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:18 pm blue_painted, maybe they don't need a new engine, but I think it would make a lot of people happy if they would finish something before moving on to something else. It appears the 2 year copy/paste cycle is starting to wear thin with more and more fans.
This, if it is a finished game every two years it would be good, but when they release a completely unfinished game every two years, then move onto the next one before fixing the current one, that is where the two year model messes up.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@FarmBoss and @RedGlasses ... I agree.

Personally I'd like to see the next release be a BIG DLC content pack, with no or minimal structure/data changes, making the most of the machinery options for regional/national variations so that GIANTS get an income stream, maybe more farming gameplay but ensuring that the FS19 mods continue to work ... and then the next generation release in three or four years.

Which is pretty much what Spoelsky says in the article I linked. :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Would be neat, if they did something like SCS with the trucking games. A new game come seldom, but... worked on heavily. Engine updates when needed, would mean A LOT of DLC. But, they could make the game golden. Also, professionally bring back ALL the maps from FS2011 to FS19, though... maybe the exception of Ravenport. That has to be my least played map. Though, not going to lie... I think I teared up a little when I seen Goldcrest in Testing. I CAN'T WAIT! :D
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

every 2 years we start from scratch, you have just begun to understand how the game works, new mapper system, etc. still not all the problems have been solved, a new version is published and bugs are restarted, problems the previous mods don't work, new scripts, etc. etc. before buying fs21 i want to understand if it is a real novelty or it is always the same.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:32 pm @FarmBoss and @RedGlasses ... I agree.

Personally I'd like to see the next release be a BIG DLC content pack, with no or minimal structure/data changes, making the most of the machinery options for regional/national variations so that GIANTS get an income stream, maybe more farming gameplay but ensuring that the FS19 mods continue to work ... and then the next generation release in three or four years.

Which is pretty much what Spoelsky says in the article I linked. :)
I tend to agree with this as I think modders are getting burned out and making new mods is getting more complex. Ideally, I'd like to see FS21 be FS19 with some key functionality updates (remove objects, better helper AI, soil management, etc.). Therefore the mods can be ported over without having to rework all of them.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Yes, pretty much... Just when you fully break through the game and learn everything there is to know, down to the finest of hidden treasures... the next one is announced. Though, I love the FS series... love it with a passion. I really wish they'd drop the 2 year cycle. Give the game the love it deserves. Make your own, make it shine... make it a treasure unlike any other. 6+ Years... a bunch of DLC and Engine Updates when needed.

Take Euro Truck Simulator 2 as example... look at that game when it 1st released, then... look at the state it's in now. Truly amazing what they've done to it over the years and still being worked on and updated. GIANTS... I've been here for a long time with GIANTS, my forum account doesn't say so. My 1st FS game was Farming Simulator 2009.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

If an indie studio went 6 years between games they'd be broke
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Not if they did it right, the right DLC at the right time. They'd have to listen more of what the community wants and provide what they're capable of. If they put the right amount of love and care into the game... they wouldn't go broke. I mean, GIANTS Software has roughly, what 75 employees? SCS Software, though a larger and older company... has less than 100 more employee's than GIANTS does. If GIANTS went about it the right way, they'd come out on top without going broke. With loyalty from their fans, larger and stronger than ever before.