[Giants] Do you actually listen to this forum?

iwan073

Re: [Giants] Do you actually listen to this forum?

Post by iwan073 »

eric21 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:10 pm 900 series?? You been sleeping? It's the 1000 series only last year they came out
The new generation 900 series got the same hood as the 1000 series.
That’s what I mean with the new 900
Ignorance is bliss
TXTiggr47

Post by TXTiggr47 »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 pm
Eonellivlem wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:28 pm I will however be very interested in what there top selling points will be and what will be there cover brand....
My prediction is that JD will be on the cover of 21. Maybe JD on the cover is what got them record sales for 19.
Top selling points (other than JD) might be an updated terrain editor, goats.
Maybe they'll even include a chicken trailer for 21.

Does anyone else have any predictions?
John Deere got them the sales, then they more or less abandoned them. Console is still waiting for the 9R/RX (only reason we have the 9RT at all is because of the awesome modding community), an updated S series combine with options, 7 series FD header and other corn headers, tillage equipment, etc. Sure we have a stuff ton of JD forestry equipment if that’s your thing, and the cotton pack got us a JD harvester, but when it comes down to it, the amount of actual JD equipment that could be in game is still ridiculous when you look at the amount of AGCO, CNH, Claas, or others in game equipment. Modders have 100000% made this game for me. Whatever is on the cover of 21 had better be able to be backed up with some serious equipment this time.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

TXTiggr47 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:13 am
FarmBoss wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 pm
Eonellivlem wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:28 pm I will however be very interested in what there top selling points will be and what will be there cover brand....
My prediction is that JD will be on the cover of 21. Maybe JD on the cover is what got them record sales for 19.
Top selling points (other than JD) might be an updated terrain editor, goats.
Maybe they'll even include a chicken trailer for 21.

Does anyone else have any predictions?
John Deere got them the sales, then they more or less abandoned them. Console is still waiting for the 9R/RX (only reason we have the 9RT at all is because of the awesome modding community), an updated S series combine with options, 7 series FD header and other corn headers, tillage equipment, etc. Sure we have a stuff ton of JD forestry equipment if that’s your thing, and the cotton pack got us a JD harvester, but when it comes down to it, the amount of actual JD equipment that could be in game is still ridiculous when you look at the amount of AGCO, CNH, Claas, or others in game equipment. Modders have 100000% made this game for me. Whatever is on the cover of 21 had better be able to be backed up with some serious equipment this time.
They're probably trying to spread it out as much as possible. Expect some JD for 21, then some more for 23. It's all about the sales (IMO).
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Or they have the amount of equipment that John Deere wants in the game at the moment.
Hogger

Post by Hogger »

Or they just half assed it, like the majority of the content they put out!
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:25 pm Or they have the amount of equipment that John Deere wants in the game at the moment.
:this: *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

redglasses wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:17 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:18 pm blue_painted, maybe they don't need a new engine, but I think it would make a lot of people happy if they would finish something before moving on to something else. It appears the 2 year copy/paste cycle is starting to wear thin with more and more fans.
This, if it is a finished game every two years it would be good, but when they release a completely unfinished game every two years, then move onto the next one before fixing the current one, that is where the two year model messes up.
I would like to see a 3 year cycle for both console and PC, with mid term updates for DLC etc.

It bothers me that just as the game is getting good and the mods keep pouring out, it is time for the next game to be released and then everyone is back to square one...
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

GothicKing13 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm Would be neat, if they did something like SCS with the trucking games. A new game come seldom, but... worked on heavily. Engine updates when needed, would mean A LOT of DLC.
Agreed.

Question is, would updates to the game engine work for the consoles?
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Going to three years instead of two seams to be a popular idea with many of the people that actually play the game, So come on Giants, what do you say, will you listen to the voice of reason and listen to what the players are asking for or will you just go your own way as usual and sod what the people that play the game want?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

j_maybury wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:35 pm Going to three years instead of two seams to be a popular idea with many of the people that actually play the game, So come on Giants, what do you say, will you listen to the voice of reason and listen to what the players are asking for or will you just go your own way as usual and sod what the people that play the game want?
Pretty sure modders would like a longer cycle too. Just as they are getting used to the new game, out pops another one...
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Hogger wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:43 pm Or they just half assed it, like the majority of the content they put out!
*thumbsdown*
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya I ran a poll a few months ago and the majority said they wanted a 3 year cycle. It would help giants as well, they even had to delay fs19 so it would seem they are struggling with this 2 year system. A 2 year cycle will turn them away from making any meaningful changes to the game for fear of delaying it again.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 pmI think the only thing that will make them listen is how much is going into there wallets. If that starts to dip I am curious as to how they would respond then.
I agree to all you said so far BB.
And I think what you mentioned above is a one way ticket.
In general, when you start loosing money it means people have already made up their minds on not buying your product and in this day in age there is really no going back from this. People just won't even look back because there are a million alternatives to anything. May be not for a farming simulator (which is probably what they trust) but there are millions of other games that could get the attention of those lost customers other than a broken sim game.
I think thats also why they started FSL. They know they will loose customers because of broken content and instead of fixing this essential problem they try to find new customers who have no idea what is broken. And when they loose those customers they just find new ones. This is probably way cheaper than making a perfectly functioning game.
PS5 / FS22
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

They are a small indie game studio, not a crime syndicate.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

To say giants dont listen is harsh tge public wanted Jd they got it we wanted claas we got it
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys