[Giants] Do you actually listen to this forum?

Fifty1990

Re: [Giants] Do you actually listen to this forum?

Post by Fifty1990 »

Yeah 50 or 60€ for the standard 80 or 90 for the premium. About 10€ less than what you pay for triple a studio games. So not the small indie manufacture. Does a lot off indie game studios have multi country touring gaming league in the bigger gaming/farming venues?
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

That's still 46 American dollars or 35.30 UK pounds, It's not triple-A game money but by the time you amount all the DLC's you are paying well over the odds, So Small Indie game studio does not cut it any longer.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

It depends if your on pc or consoles pricewise.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 pm It was 60 u.s dollars.
That's for disc media? In the UK I can see £60ish for disc and £35 for download ...

... HOWEVER ...

... as I said upthread, it's entirely the purchaser's decision to buy and there's nothing in the purchase transaction that says GIANTS *HAVE* to listen to the purchaser, whatever the price is.
And that is precisely why I won't be buying FS21
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:08 pm
BulletBill wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:11 pm GIANTS - Small Indie game studio = We can take your money for a product but we don't have to listen or acknowledge at all if your not happy about it because were so small.

Yep sounds like good solid reasoning there.
The "small indie" is a red-herring: Does EA listen? Ubisoft? Activision? Rockstar? Jagex? Frontier?

But that's just reality: You don't HAVE to buy FS, and they don't HAVE to listen: There's no contract that says otherwise.

If they don't listen and the game doesn't sell and the company fails, that's on them. On the other hand, if they listen to OTHER people, then make and sell an arcade-style tractor driving game, with micro-transactions and blobby slap-down-anywhere maps, then that is up to them too. On the THIRD hand, suppose they make one of the most moddable-games (remember byte-level editing game-saves to make mods?) and even publish the (not very good) GE? Anyone else remember DOOM wad editors?

We all have the alternative: Get together with a couple of mates, or go it alone if you're really brave, and write a better game that addresses everything people don't like about GIANTS and FS19.

FTAOD, this isn't meant to be a personal attack on anyone, least of all BB, and I'd love to see GIANTS take some of the best ideas from here, and elsewhere, and put them into an update ... but it's GIANTS game/product and GIANTS decision.
No attack felt... you make some excellent points. *thumbsup*

You would just think that the smaller the company it is, that it's in there best interests to listen even more so to there customerbase.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I bought it online on my xbox one and it was 60. I don't use disc anymore because my xbox one has a hard time reading disc.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

@ Bullit Bill, Because of your comment about the "Minecraft Sky" every time I start to play FS19 I see the sky and immediately think of your comment on here and think "He is so right" then it got me wondering if it was possible to make a mod for a square sun and a square moon to match the block clouds, just think if some of the YouTubers used it as a protest. that would be a little naughty but it would get a point across that they could not ignore.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Fifty1990 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:01 pm Yeah 50 or 60€ for the standard 80 or 90 for the premium. About 10€ less than what you pay for triple a studio games. So not the small indie manufacture. Does a lot off indie game studios have multi country touring gaming league in the bigger gaming/farming venues?
Giants arnt Indi, they are owned by Focus interactive which are indi from the big ones. No Mans sky and Kingdome come deliverance I believe are mostly on thier own, both small studios. They dont have a a league though.

However most if not all driving, simulation games are at car shows or e sports tournements and supported by the manufacturers. Kerbal space program has kinda have an agreement with NASA for like a teaching tool for kids I think and I believe they are also Indpendent and they are a small studio.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

https://m.ranker.com/list/why-are-video ... n-breeding

I can't see Giants lowering thier prices for a long time
eric21

Post by eric21 »

"Its expensive to sell games at retail. There’s the cost of the physical media and packaging. There’s the cost of shipping and distribution. There’s the cut that retailers take, and then the loss when used games are traded in and re-sold instead of new copies. At every step of the way, a physical video game is costing publishers like Activision and EA money. Digital distribution changes much of that"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... 88a65e2977
TXTiggr47

Post by TXTiggr47 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:46 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:25 pm Or they have the amount of equipment that John Deere wants in the game at the moment.
:this: *thumbsup*
So you’re telling me Claas gets the Platinum edition and 30+ pieces of high end equipment, and JD has the main cover for FS19 but just settled for, essentially, a couple tractors, two combines and some headers and OPTED to leave out all of their top of the line 9 Series tractors made to compete with the NH T9 and Case QuadTrac line that are featured in the game.. That’s what you’re trying to sell here? Not buying it.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

TXTiggr47 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:57 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:25 pm Or they have the amount of equipment that John Deere wants in the game at the moment.
So you’re telling me Claas gets the Platinum edition and 30+ pieces of high end equipment, and JD has the main cover for FS19 but just settled for, essentially, a couple tractors, two combines and some headers and OPTED to leave out all of their top of the line 9 Series tractors made to compete with the NH T9 and Case QuadTrac line that are featured in the game.. That’s what you’re trying to sell here? Not buying it.
You do realize that it is up to the manufacturer what goes in the game and what does not....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Should just drop this whoie topic.

Fact: Giants listens to what people say.
Fact: Those same people want Giants to be listening the way they think is right.

Seriously people, just accept the fact that Giants listens to feedback, if given properly, but won't do exactly what you want. That's not how things like this work, thats the real world.
And sure, they make mistakes. But we're all just human at the end of the day ;)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Well I guess if you say it's fact, then it must be fact. Thanks for clearing that up.
Are you representing Giants?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

BreadedVirus wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:16 pm
TXTiggr47 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:57 pm

You do realize that it is up to the manufacturer what goes in the game and what does not....
Just a guess, but I'm willing to bet they are holding plenty of JD back so they can have another JD cover for 21.