[Giants] Do you actually listen to this forum?

iwan073

Re: [Giants] Do you actually listen to this forum?

Post by iwan073 »

Krd1749 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 am They are a small indie game studio, not a crime syndicate.
*thumbsup*
Ignorance is bliss
eric21

Post by eric21 »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:52 am
BulletBill wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 pmI think the only thing that will make them listen is how much is going into there wallets. If that starts to dip I am curious as to how they would respond then.
I agree to all you said so far BB.
And I think what you mentioned above is a one way ticket.
In general, when you start loosing money it means people have already made up their minds on not buying your product and in this day in age there is really no going back from this. People just won't even look back because there are a million alternatives to anything. May be not for a farming simulator (which is probably what they trust) but there are millions of other games that could get the attention of those lost customers other than a broken sim game.
I think thats also why they started FSL. They know they will loose customers because of broken content and instead of fixing this essential problem they try to find new customers who have no idea what is broken. And when they loose those customers they just find new ones. This is probably way cheaper than making a perfectly functioning game.
Disagree with you the fsl, online tournaments have been rising for a few years it's big in Europe and massive in China and Japan. Giants saw the opportunity and its going well. Not sure how big E Tournements are in Turkey but just because you dont like how the game is doesn't mean it would fail
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Stevo0114 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:17 am To say giants dont listen is harsh tge public wanted Jd they got it we wanted claas we got it
I'll bet they wanted JD and Claas even more than the players, but were not willing to pay the price, or the brands were not interested.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Krd1749 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 am They are a small indie game studio, not a crime syndicate.
Best comment I've seen on here in a while :lol:
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Ritchie wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 pm
That gave me a chuckle too. :D
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

O5-Chris wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:08 pm
Ritchie wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 pm
That gave me a chuckle too. :D
Of course ... it's a good alibi for you next bank job!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I'm not sure what your point is, or what post you're replying to.

If it's in relation to the main topic, being a "small indie game studio" shouldn't prevent them from listening to their fans on their forum.
The "small indie game studio" is an old excuse, and has already been used in their defense for everything. I guess if they don't aspire to be anything more, then this must be as good as it gets for the fans.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:29 pm

If it's in relation to the main topic, being a "small indie game studio" shouldn't prevent them from listening to their fans on their forum.
The "small indie game studio" is an old excuse, and has already been used in their defense for everything.
I guess if they don't aspire to be anything more, then this must be as good as it gets for the fans.
This sums it up quite accurately I think :hi:
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

GIANTS - Small Indie game studio = We can take your money for a product but we don't have to listen or acknowledge at all if your not happy about it because were so small.

Yep sounds like good solid reasoning there.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:11 pm GIANTS - Small Indie game studio = We can take your money for a product but we don't have to listen or acknowledge at all if your not happy about it because were so small.

Yep sounds like good solid reasoning there.
The "small indie" is a red-herring: Does EA listen? Ubisoft? Activision? Rockstar? Jagex? Frontier?

But that's just reality: You don't HAVE to buy FS, and they don't HAVE to listen: There's no contract that says otherwise.

If they don't listen and the game doesn't sell and the company fails, that's on them. On the other hand, if they listen to OTHER people, then make and sell an arcade-style tractor driving game, with micro-transactions and blobby slap-down-anywhere maps, then that is up to them too. On the THIRD hand, suppose they make one of the most moddable-games (remember byte-level editing game-saves to make mods?) and even publish the (not very good) GE? Anyone else remember DOOM wad editors?

We all have the alternative: Get together with a couple of mates, or go it alone if you're really brave, and write a better game that addresses everything people don't like about GIANTS and FS19.

FTAOD, this isn't meant to be a personal attack on anyone, least of all BB, and I'd love to see GIANTS take some of the best ideas from here, and elsewhere, and put them into an update ... but it's GIANTS game/product and GIANTS decision.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Krd1749 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 am They are a small indie game studio
$60 for their game is far above "indie game"
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:29 pm

The "small indie game studio" is an old excuse, and has already been used in their defence for everything. I guess if they don't aspire to be anything more, then this must be as good as it gets for the fans.
Now! That's the best comment I have heard for a long while, precise and right to the point.✔👌👍
eric21

Post by eric21 »

redglasses wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:19 pm
Krd1749 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 am They are a small indie game studio
$60 for their game is far above "indie game"
Canadian dollars?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It was 60 u.s dollars.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 pm It was 60 u.s dollars.
That's for disc media? In the UK I can see £60ish for disc and £35 for download ...

... HOWEVER ...

... as I said upthread, it's entirely the purchaser's decision to buy and there's nothing in the purchase transaction that says GIANTS *HAVE* to listen to the purchaser, whatever the price is.
Last edited by blue_painted on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.