Animal Query

xanmasterdave

Animal Query

Post by xanmasterdave »

Is there anyway possible to have sheep in a field surrounded by a wall or fencing rather than keeping them in the animal pens
Crazof

Re: Animal Query

Post by Crazof »

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

this thing is very large though

I always thought it would be cool if we could place the food, water, etc. points then drag and drop a fence outline to make a pasture. perhaps that pasture area is used in some kind of calculation to determine the max number of animals for that new pen. this way we could go around trees and other misc objects already on the map instead of having to have a totally clear area for a new placeable
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Thats a great mod idea Crazof. Guess could be implemented in the grazing mod somehow. Also would be nice if you could graze sugar beet(as stubble turnips) and maybe oilseed radish in game as i don't think that it gets used that much.(apart from a break crop with fertiliser state when ploughed).
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Quick question off topic of the OP, but how long do cows usually graze for? Into autumn? I have 15 Holsteins and none are set to give birth for 7 months, didn’t want to start feeding them TMR until they are ready for milk.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

I just keep an eye on the animal hud until the grass runs out. Then feed hay or silage till the cows calve and start producing milk then feed them TMR.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:05 pm Quick question off topic of the OP, but how long do cows usually graze for? Into autumn? I have 15 Holsteins and none are set to give birth for 7 months, didn’t want to start feeding them TMR until they are ready for milk.
IRL... all year around depending on where you are, a bunch of fiberglass poles and a couple miles of electric fence wire and cattle around here graze corn fields all winter
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Fencing all around is something giants needs to implement in fs19 like connect the fences to each other. Its a nightmare if you want to create a farm and fence it off with the mod fences.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:05 pm Quick question off topic of the OP, but how long do cows usually graze for? Into autumn? I have 15 Holsteins and none are set to give birth for 7 months, didn’t want to start feeding them TMR until they are ready for milk.
My sheep had steady "pasture" grass until day 4 or 5 of winter, playing 9 day seasons. Then had to reach for the hay bales. Even had snow on the ground too.

You should be able to judge it on the seasons calendar, check when grass can be harvested to.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons