How close are some Seasons Geo?

Nebraska Heartland

How close are some Seasons Geo?

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

Are some of these Geo mods made up or did the authors actually look into the the actual location? I don’t mean to single any author out or anything but some of these Geos in the U.S. do not seem to match. 1st off I’m from Nebraska born and raised and have lived in Ohio and traveled most of the country. I was hoping to find a close geo that actually depicts the area and the Geos I have seen are Not Right!
The 1st geo I have seen is the Kansas Geo mod that came out today. News Flash.... Kansas is the top Producing Wheat State in the US!!Not once driving through Kansas have I seen Cotton growing unless it’s clear in the southeastern corner. Kansas is huge with Wheat.
The other Geo I was disappointed in is the Ohio Geo. The fact that you CAN NOT PLANT CORN IN THE FALL!!!! Corn is literally an ANNUAL WARM SEASON CROP. Meaning it can only get planted in about mid spring, grows through the Summer and gets picked around Mid-Late Fall! Ohio is almost the exact same as Nebraska since I lived there for 3 years. So please please either do research on the region you are basing your Geo or at least how the crop actually grows in real life before depicting an areas region.

Kind regards and keep farming people.
ThatCanadianGuy

Re: How close are some Seasons Geo?

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Just take anything made by adub modding as pure fiction
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Like they threw at numbers on a dart board
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

They are both from the same author. Adub keeps pumping them out, unfortunately they are incorrect.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:51 pm Like they threw at numbers on a dart board
The more of this guy's GEOs I glance at the more befuddled I become. On this Kansas one he has the germination temp for cereal grains about 20°F higher than the germination temp for corn and beans. Plus his usual winter planting season for flowers, beans, corn, potatoes, and beets, which is, well, crazy really.

Everything I've heard about Kansas echoes the original poster's sentiment as well; the state is mostly winter wheat as far as the eye can see.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

There’s an Adub Modding channel on YouTube. I honestly think he’s a kid. I’ve commented on a couple of his videos to please fix his bad GEOs

Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Looks like he's just doing it for the download rewards. Would advice the people that bother downloading his GEO's to actually rate them when they notice they rn't what they are said to be. Bad ratings r bad for Adub's rewards and point out to other's that the mods r useless.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I haven't downloaded his Kansas Geo to see how he has it coded, but from his screenshots, it's definitely off. Kansas is known for wheat. We do have a lot of corn and soybeans though. Cotton is along the southern edge and creeping farther north, but it's by no means a cotton state. And his germination temps are for sure wrong. 79 degrees for wheat? *thumbsdown*
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I have had trouble as well finding Geos that seem to be true to where they are supposed to be. There are many, many by just a few authors and that concerned me a bit. I have converted my own geo fro FS17 to FS19 for MN USA and while I am looking at doing a revision on it for some minor tweaks, the weather and planting info is based on real hard fact, including my own experience as I live there. I always question the making of a geo once I see it's author creating a lot from a lot of different areas. I wasn’t going to convert my other Geos from FS17 to 19 as there have been so many released and some are pretty close to mine, but I really feel like the quality is lacking on many of these. I research and test mine extensively before release.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

DJGoHam just put up an interview with him about his GEOs on youtube and he said it takes him like 10 minutes to make one. You can definitely tell!

redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Nice nice, and giants “test” these bloody things and say they are good, sure they work, but they are nowhere near accurate.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

In general as a geo creator, unless you are doing something drastically different with growth from a geo you have already done, it does only take about 10 minutes. That said, I haven’t downloaded any of his Geos because as others have mentioned, I don’t feel that they have much basis in reality. Which is fine, just don’t label it in such a way that people think it is.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Well i can tell you from living in thr heart of the corn belt seasons seem to be based more in the UK than the USA and i am a farmer im the owner of cmt farms 600 acres the way the geos seem to me is completely off to me and on top of everyone thinking these are accurate they dont seem to be
gerip03

Post by gerip03 »

Alagos wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:20 pm Looks like he's just doing it for the download rewards. Would advice the people that bother downloading his GEO's to actually rate them when they notice they rn't what they are said to be. Bad ratings r bad for Adub's rewards and point out to other's that the mods r useless.
I agree with you