Farming Simulator Industries

What is an industry that you think should be added or improved and upgraded?

Grain types: Wheat, Barley, Oats, Corn, Soybeans, Canola, Sunflowers
20%
Silage: Grass, Hay, Silage
13%
Root Crops: Potatoes, Sugar Beets
20%
Sugar Cane
5%
Cotton
3%
Forestry/Poplars
6%
Cows
15%
Sheep
5%
Horses
2%
Chickens
2%
Pigs
4%
Other: Can describe in post below
5%

Total votes: 132

Dairydeere

Farming Simulator Industries

Post by Dairydeere »

So, Farming Simulator has many industries incorporated into it, and people have made requests and mods involving new industries. Examples are Global Company and multifruit maps. But if Giants could add an industry, or maybe tweak or improve a current one, what would that be. I attached a poll to see what everyone thinks.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Re: Farming Simulator Industries

Post by Dairydeere »

I will start by saying that I think that fruits like grapes and apples and oranges, like things in vineyards and orchards, could be added. It seems to be an industry that has not had a lot featured yet in FS. Global Company and Nonnus' Mining and Construction Economy Map do features some of these, but the basegame doesn't have anything.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Real rows of corn would be great. It wouldn't hurt to have higher yields too.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I picked root crops because I feel like there is so little equipment in this field compared to what is used all over the world and what we currently have available is such a tiny representation it’s disappointing.
Second was hay. There are so many types of hay and things you can do with them it would take an entire thread in its own on how one could add to that but a start would be alfalfa which I felt was a massive miss with the class dlc. What equipment would have been better to add alfalfa with than class?
Lastly cattle and all animals for that matter but cattle because I know them best. I would love to see pen cleaning, minerals and supplements, different types of crops or commodities into the tmr to improve fattening or to raise milk production.
I would add corn drying as an honorable mention.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I did grain types because I like the textures on Welker better than the base game. Also, I did hogs and cattle because I do them on every map and have them irl. With cattle I wish beef ones were available base game and hogs would be like seasons, but could grind corn to make feed, add soybean meal and distillers with it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
TheJhonnyMan

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

I did Grain, sheep and chickens because those are all things I run In Real Life and I think that well the grain types could be improved and add things like cutting oats like grass for hay to feed sheep and cattle with and adding different varieties of wheat like Rye spelt and devil, septor, ninja etc and one key thing for me is that textures on some of the crops (e.g soybeans) needs to be improved. I'd also like to see more legume crops like regular beans, Lupines chick pea's are needed in the game to round out the legumes. I think that in retrospect with chickens Giants would need to add water troughs but not massive ones like for sheep and cattle but much much smaller ones about 3/4 of the size of a regular trough in FS and, finally I feel sheep need to be expanded in terms of grazing and sheep breeds like in seasons and feeding them other things like Lupines and wheat not JUST hay and grass as in real life some Western Australian sheep growers also grow lupines to feed the sheep.
kintino

Post by kintino »

sugar cane

sugar production
fuel (ethanol)
barrington24

Post by barrington24 »

Hi there I am a console player of this game and also an up and coming streamer I enjoy this game so much it is unbelievable the parts of the game i enjoy is the realistic gameplay,I would like to see the physics aspect of the game improved.For example bales and logs should have a more realistic feel in handling in terms of weight,vehicles should have a different feel when hauling load weather it be grain or equipment.Ground should be a bit more responsive if rain fall the fields should be soft as to vehicles sticking if to wet,seasons should be a staple in the vanilla version of the it should stop being a mod and finally on console there should be the feature to map buttons on the logitech wheels and side panel also should have the ability to use dual joysticks if needed from my little knowledge of how this game works I think it is in the realm of possibilities on consoles.Also I would like to thank the team for producing such a beautiful game despite what short comings this game has I really love this game
Winter is coming #Seasons mod :biggrin2: :coolnew: :geeknew: :ugeek: :geek:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Forestry. Handling of the machines and logs are just a pain in the buttocks
Ignorance is bliss
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:46 am I did grain types because I like the textures on Welker better than the base game. Also, I did hogs and cattle because I do them on every map and have them irl. With cattle I wish beef ones were available base game and hogs would be like seasons, but could grind corn to make feed, add soybean meal and distillers with it.
That's got to be the Midwest in us, I did the same. I agree with adding us feed rations too. For distillers though an ethonal plant would be cool to add.
Last edited by dapals51 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Ha must be and yeah it would be cool.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Massey5713

Post by Massey5713 »

barrington24 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:09 pm Hi there I am a console player of this game and also an up and coming streamer I enjoy this game so much it is unbelievable the parts of the game i enjoy is the realistic gameplay,I would like to see the physics aspect of the game improved.For example bales and logs should have a more realistic feel in handling in terms of weight,vehicles should have a different feel when hauling load weather it be grain or equipment.Ground should be a bit more responsive if rain fall the fields should be soft as to vehicles sticking if to wet,seasons should be a staple in the vanilla version of the it should stop being a mod and finally on console there should be the feature to map buttons on the logitech wheels and side panel also should have the ability to use dual joysticks if needed from my little knowledge of how this game works I think it is in the realm of possibilities on consoles.Also I would like to thank the team for producing such a beautiful game despite what short comings this game has I really love this game

Agree with this, would be a great improvement to an already great game ☺️
Farming in Norway when the weather allows,
farming in FS19 when the wife allows *thumbsup*

Ps4
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Agreed. A lot more contact with the soil, which is actually happening for my area right now. Wet, wet, wet

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Not surprised grains have the most votes, but pleasantly surprised to see root crops up there. I selected Root Crops and Forestry, as I think the grains are good enough for now and these other two industries need added to.
As of now there are not very many root crop equipment options or root crop industry specific things and forestry still needs some physics updates. I live in Idaho and see all kinds of sugar beats and potato stuff around and wish the game had more than one harvester for each crop type to begin with...
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

As a resident of Washington State, USA, two crops we have here in abundance that I would like to see in the game are apples and onions. We grow a lot of those here.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)