Mod maps and farmhouse monopoly

BearClaw

Mod maps and farmhouse monopoly

Post by BearClaw »

Happy monday community!

So, i was wondering why modders choose to ruin their maps with a farmhouse that cant be removed, or as on Osina you will not be allowed to build your own farm because only one farmhouse is allowed pr farm.
Same is for lone oak farm and shamrock valley, you will have to use the farmhouse/farm that is set on the map by the creator. This is not complaining to modders, but this ruins so much because your not available to build your own farm anywhere you like just because the farmhouse.

Is there a particular reason for this farmhose thing? And yes i play it on farm manager mode ..
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
norfolk farmer

Re: Mod maps and farmhouse monopoly

Post by norfolk farmer »

Are you on pc or console?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Remember with the likes of Lone Oak (can't speak for Osina) that you're on a map based on a real farm, one which has been there over at least decades. The map maker's idea is that you play the map as it is in real life, with customisation at a minimum.

A fictional map is better suited to choosing where to build your farm.

I can see the case for wanting more freedom, but equally I can understand why a map maker wouldn't wanting you ripping apart their faithfully reproduced work too.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

That fair enough but on Osina you was able to set a house anywhere in manager mode, but after update you cant. The frustration is that it could be done and a great map looses a lot of potential this way.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:47 am Are you on pc or console?
I'm guessing OP is on console, because otherwise the solution is simple.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:10 am Remember with the likes of Lone Oak (can't speak for Osina) that you're on a map based on a real farm, one which has been there over at least decades. The map maker's idea is that you play the map as it is in real life, with customisation at a minimum.

A fictional map is better suited to choosing where to build your farm.

I can see the case for wanting more freedom, but equally I can understand why a map maker wouldn't wanting you ripping apart their faithfully reproduced work too.
But it could be a different solution for that. Keep the farm house and just add a placable trigger (like the doormat on Sussex farm). Not everyone wants to own/use the main farm but likes the look of it. I tried to Play on lone oak but wanted the pig farm. When I do that I want my own house and don't want it down the road… (Plus I couldn't find the Sleep-trigger or the triggers to open some doors).

Some Maps are Kind of limited what farmplacing goes. Most of them based on real farms I guess...
PS4 und PC
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

BearClaw wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 am Happy monday community!

So, i was wondering why modders choose to ruin their maps with a farmhouse that cant be removed, or as on Osina you will not be allowed to build your own farm because only one farmhouse is allowed pr farm.
Same is for lone oak farm and shamrock valley, you will have to use the farmhouse/farm that is set on the map by the creator. This is not complaining to modders, but this ruins so much because your not available to build your own farm anywhere you like just because the farmhouse.

Is there a particular reason for this farmhose thing? And yes i play it on farm manager mode ..
Maybe the questions should be why is the game itself limiting you to only one farmhouse?
You can have multiple animal pens of the same type, and multiple other buildings of the same type, so why are players limited to one farm house?
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

those who make a map using months of their free time do not want to destroy it in 10 seconds. the system introduced with fs19 has dissatisfied many mappers that no longer make beautiful maps as in the previous fs17 by inserting only default buildings or creating them with the old system. everyone who likes the fs19 system takes an empty mapmod and creates their map with placeables
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:42 pm
BearClaw wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:41 am Happy monday community!

Maybe the questions should be why is the game itself limiting you to only one farmhouse?
You can have multiple animal pens of the same type, and multiple other buildings of the same type, so why are players limited to one farm house?
Yeah you nailed it, that would be an perfect solution. As for Ellerbach there is several farms to buy, but only one of them has sleep triggee. Theres no fun in driving to town on a other farm for sleeping. Quess PC players havnt got this issue or what? But the possibillities for having more houses would solve it, have alwas wonder why we only allow one pr farm
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

michele1048 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm those who make a map using months of their free time do not want to destroy it in 10 seconds. the system introduced with fs19 has dissatisfied many mappers that no longer make beautiful maps as in the previous fs17 by inserting only default buildings or creating them with the old system. everyone who likes the fs19 system takes an empty mapmod and creates their map with placeables
Ellerbach has several farms that are ready to buy and use, the modder have dona a great work on that nice map and all that. But still only one of the farms have a sleep trigger, on geiselsberg there is sleep trigger in all of the farms. As mentioned the solution could be if we where allowed to have more than one house pr. Farm.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Wouldn't the solution be to start the savegame in multiplayer?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:22 am
What is the solution?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:49 pm
What is the solution?
On pc you can remove it in the savegame xml, by coincidence in his stream last night Virtual Farmer actually demonstrated doing it.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:53 pm
SJ_Sathanas wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:49 pm

What is the solution?
On pc you can remove it in the savegame xml, by coincidence in his stream last night Virtual Farmer actually demonstrated doing it.
Or in GIANTS Editor
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
garyst

Post by garyst »

I play lone oak and I made my own farm and pretending a different house on the map is my own. I just leave a mahindra at the house with the sleep trigger so I can just switch too it when I fast forward through the night.