Release new game every other year
13%
More time between new game release
63%

Total votes: 128

Azfoor

Keep FS19 or Continue with FS21?

Post by Azfoor »

Is there more people like me that thinks Giants should just stop making a new game every other year and just keep updating and releaseing new features on the current one?
Or should they keep releasing every other year?
Maby they should wait longer to release a new game, say every 4 years?
Alagos

Re: Keep FS19 or Continue with FS21?

Post by Alagos »

Tbh, keep 1 game and add new features whenever it's ready or stick with the 2 year cycle.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

The current generation is stuck due to hardware limitations. The new Sony console will probably be released at the end of this year. So it's a good time for Giants to build a new game. Maybe a few months later than it was like always (november). imo it all depends on the release date of the console. But we can only speculate.
Some of you think about ETS2 and what SCS does (engine updates etc). But ETS2 is a Pc game only. Compare the hardware requirements at the beginning and now. Such updates are not possible for multiplatform games. Because at some point you will reach the hardware limit. You complain that the game on console is not smooth so replace the processor with a better one. Sorry, but you can't do that
Last edited by Maikello on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Doesnt matter when the new consoles release. The biggest part of the console users won't change over on day one. So the PS4 and Xbox One are still bigger markets. So I doubt FS21 is going to work towards those new consoles.

>>Rules<<
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Following your thinking PS4 will get (maybe) refreshed FS19 with a new title but a completely new game will be released on PS5
"maybe" I mean some small improvements over FS19. I'm not talking about new machines or new crops. For major improvements (graphics, physics) the "old generation" may not be strong enough . Similarly, for PC players, some had to upgrade their machines.
Last edited by Maikello on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Totally not what I said, but ok.

>>Rules<<
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Everything would have to change to change anything. Pc/console release on odd years mobile evens, and mobile versions are so dumbed down I doubt they have as many problems.
That being said a new pc/console game every 3 years I think would be fine.
That being said with all the mishaps, glitches, and game breaks (the blue screen era 😔) I think most are about ready for a new version. I have never gotten into 19 like I did 17 and in fact 19 has been such a burden at times it has taken away interest in playing 17.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

No, FS21 will be a more rounded version of FS19, still on Xbox One and PS4 as well as on the new consoles (though with enhanced graphics presumably). GIANTS, either purposely or not, seem to follow the common computing pattern of one game release introduces new features and the following one tweaks and enhances those features. FS11 to FS13 and FS15 to FS17 did that, and clearly FS19 brought some big graphical changes (some implemented better than others) so hopefully FS21 continues that trend and tweaks the balance and focuses more on the gameplay.

I assume FS23 (or whatever follows FS21) will be limited to the new consoles and will hopefully make the most of their power to really expand on the base of the game, bringing more scope for both PC and console users, as it's clear now that the weakness of the current consoles is holding up how much they can push the PC version.

We know FS21 is coming later this year, as Chris has said as much, though Xbox and PS releases would have meant it was the perfect chance to delay FS2x by a year and release it as FS22, a year after the new Xbox and PS. It would have worked well for everyone (except Focus); GIANTS themselves (who I'm sure would prefer a longer dev cycle), players and modders alike.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Alagos wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:43 am Totally not what I said, but ok.
You said that Giants can't forget about the huge users base of the current generation and it's true. But the next generation is the future, a base that you do not want to disappoint at the begining. Think of a PS5 user receiving a game from 2 years ago. You wouldn't be disappointed?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

PS5 users wouldn't get a game from 2 years ago, they'd get a FS21 made with the specs of the PS4 in mind. Not the PS5 specs. As Gav above also points out.

>>Rules<<
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:06 am FS19 brought some big graphical changes (some implemented better than others) so hopefully FS21 continues that trend...
How do you want to keep this trend if you are limited by hardware (PS4 / Xbox)?
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

At some point, the development of this game on PS4 will stop due to limits. Depends on what changes you want to make. Change the digit in the xml file or new shaded rendering
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

That's true. Doesnt change the fact that it'll take months, if not year(s), for the general console base to switch to the Next Gens. So keeping it working for PS4/Xbox One is quite useful.

>>Rules<<
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Maikello wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:15 am How do you want to keep this trend if you are limited by hardware (PS4 / Xbox)?
No, not graphical changes. They've already happened. I meant the trend between alternate versions.

FS11 (new graphics), then FS13 came along with similar graphics, but with better game play elements.
FS15 (new graphics), then FS17 came along with similar graphics, but with better game play elements.
FS19 (new graphics), then FS21 should come along with similar graphics technology but tweaked, and with better game play elements.

Anyway, I voted for more time between releases as going forward I hope there is, though that won't happen with FS21.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

I know that there is still a lot of things that can be corrected/improved/added to FS19 on PS4. And PS4 can easily handle it.
then FS21 should come along with similar graphics technology but tweaked, and with better game play elements.
I will fully agree with this. Always been like that. Let's go back in time

FS13 - 30 Oct. 2012 - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
PS4 - 15 Nov. 2013 - FS13 was not released on PS4 even though it was still in development for a year
FS15 - 30 Oct. 2014 - PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360
FS17 - 25 Oct. 2016 - PlayStation 4, Xbox One

In my opinion, sticking to the 2-year publishing cycle there is even a chance for FS23 to appear on PS4.