Log Loading Tips?

FarmCatJenkins

Log Loading Tips?

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I’m pretty new to logging as I’ve been removing a ton of trees around Lone Oak. I’m just using the IT Runner 26.33 log trailer cutting them at 8m and it always seems to want to tip over while driving no matter how I load the logs. Any helpful tips on how I should be loading logs to make the load more stable?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
ThatCanadianGuy

Re: Log Loading Tips?

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I find all of those IT runner attachments have a very high center of gravity which makes them very unstable. Either use something else or slow down, then slow down even more.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I have been using nmc log trailer works great
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I’ve just been using that since funds are limited and I already own a Hulk ++

*Sigh*

Pict

Post by Pict »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:25 pm I’m pretty new to logging as I’ve been removing a ton of trees around Lone Oak. I’m just using the IT Runner 26.33 log trailer cutting them at 8m and it always seems to want to tip over while driving no matter how I load the logs. Any helpful tips on how I should be loading logs to make the load more stable?
I think 8m is too long for the IT Runner 26.33 log trailer. I would try 7m or even better still 6m. The weight of that extra meter or two adds up quickly and makes an already tall rig unstable fast.

Just what I've found from using it in the past :hi:
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Pict wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:16 pm I think 8m is too long for the IT Runner 26.33 log trailer. I would try 7m or even better still 6m. The weight of that extra meter or two adds up quickly and makes an already tall rig unstable fast.

Hmmm I’ll have to try that. I’ve only been doing 8m because I seem to get the most money for those. Guess I’ll be working hard on some contracts tonight to save up for an actual log trailer.

But the main reason for my OP was to see if there is a good way for stacking logs in the trailer. i.e. large end in front, large end in back, alternating the logs, etc.

Or if that even makes a difference lol

Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

When I’m loading my logs, I try to keep same sizes on same loads. So basically if you have 20 8m cuts of trunk, load them all in the front of the log trailer and then maybe any other cuts besides the trunks can be loaded in the tail of trailer. Here in the states, I believe they load trailer length logs with the trunks in the nose.
Legion Hills Logging on PC
Pict

Post by Pict »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 pm
Pict wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:16 pm I think 8m is too long for the IT Runner 26.33 log trailer. I would try 7m or even better still 6m. The weight of that extra meter or two adds up quickly and makes an already tall rig unstable fast.

Hmmm I’ll have to try that. I’ve only been doing 8m because I seem to get the most money for those. Guess I’ll be working hard on some contracts tonight to save up for an actual log trailer.

But the main reason for my OP was to see if there is a good way for stacking logs in the trailer. i.e. large end in front, large end in back, alternating the logs, etc.

Or if that even makes a difference lol
It's been a while since I used it, but the idea was appealing right from the start when it came out as a DLC for FS15...after much faffing around with the original release I just wound up chopping 1m chunks into the big container and selling the wood cheap like that. Back then before tie down straps were available in game, the logs just fell out the back of the trailer no matter what I did :lol:

In FS17 & 19 it works pretty good with the straps, at least compared to FS15 without. You still need to drive super carefully though and save the game often.

I think I might do some back to back tests on different log lengths to see what difference there is in both trailer handling and selling price. Log selling price is not always clear cut (pun intended), I'm almost sure you get more for 2x6m lengths than you would for 1x12m length. Something about even thickness coming into play stick in my head? Need to do some straight forward comparative test to be sure as the shorter trees taper faster and so on.

Oh I forgot to mention that I always use the Filltype Mass Adjustment mod by modelleicher https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 so that is likely to make some difference as all the stock in game weights are cut in half for play-ability? I think.
Massey5713

Post by Massey5713 »

Is’nt there a auto-load trailer? That could be a usefull mod.. I just made a mess with my fully loaded warrior-truck, and reset my vehicle. And all the logs now blocks the narrow streets of Charwell
Farming in Norway when the weather allows,
farming in FS19 when the wife allows *thumbsup*

Ps4
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Not sure if the auto load works with logs. Would be awesome if it did though

jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Question about logging. I know that you can only log on land that you own, but what about land that nobody owns? On the Lone Oak map, for instance, there's a lot of forested ground that doesn't seem to be attached to anyone's field or farm as far as I can tell. Fair game?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Technically on lone oak, if you started on new Farmer, you own the area. If you started on farm manger you need to buy it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:38 pm Technically on lone oak, if you started on new Farmer, you own the area. If you started on farm manger you need to buy it.
Holy smoke, it just let me buy ALL of the unclaimed land for $0.00!!! Where's my chainsaw?!?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Ha yeah, i forgot about it being free ha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Ive found the best log trailer is the autoloading bale wagon with high sides. I use the claas telehandler with the log grapple to load it. Cut logs just shorter than the wagon and lift and dump them in. Its awesome, they cant fall out and little pieces you can literally throw in too. And stable as can be. Using it on lone oak myself, and I already owned it, so no need to buy anything else. And if you want really long logs, they can fit inside and lay over the back and won't fall out either.