FarmBoss

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by FarmBoss »

^^ :lol: ^^
We can hope.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

As a new player, I can say that offering 19 as a PS Plus freebie got me hooked. I'll be on PS5, and based on 19, I'll happily pay for "21".
Old fat guy with a day job...
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

I’m excited to see when the next installment comes out - and the new console hardware - hopefully we can get some major upgrades in game!
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

Optimization is a big problem FS19, the first day the game was not optimized, after a few updates the game is better, I have a good pc (i5 9400F, 16gb ram, rx 590 nitro + with game on ssd ..) and optimization and loading game was terribly bad, if this happens again in the next fs game it will be funny and sad at the same time *thumbsdown* *thumbsup*
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

My wishlist for FS-21 is....

1. Much improved lighting engine. They seriously need to ditch the over brightness and washed out colours of FS-19.

2. They massively improved the vehicle textures in FS-19. Now they need to do the same for the environment. Better crop and foliage textures and just much better looking
textures across the board. So much seems like its left over from much older versions of FS. Time to bring everything up to date.

3. Some form of deformable terrain. Even if its quite subtle they are going to have to introduce this. In FS-19 the 2D ploughed fields texture looks terrible. Snowrunner shows how good you can get mud and deformable terrain looking in a game. I know it'll too much to ask to have a very similar system in FS but some sort of toned down more subtle version of it is much needed.

4. Improved weather and sky effects. I'm not as overly critical of the sky and cloud effects in FS-19 as some, certainly not with Seasons, Its serviceable anyway. Clearly though they could improve upon it and have better volumetric clouds as well as other nicer effects for rain etc.

There's gameplay elements that can be improved and worked on but better gameplay in FS-21 is going to be worth nothing if they don't address the above issues, for me anyway. The look and feel of the game is everything as fas as I'm concerned. The continued popularity of FS-17 shows that many people still prefer the look and feel of that game over FS-19.

From a technical point of view how much of this Giants are capable of delivering will depend on how much of FS-21 is being made with the the current generation of consoles in mind.

Lastly I'll say it would make a huge difference to the game at launch if Giants included a decent map. They should commission the Frontier Design guys to make a map for the game ahead of launch so it can be included. Giants do themselves a real disservice not including a decent map with the base game. First impressions are everything in gaming and if FS-21 came with a really good properly immersive map at launch people might actually stay with it and stick around to buy DLC.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Mobias wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:59 pm My wishlist for FS-21 is....

[snip... things I mostly agree with]

There's gameplay elements that can be improved and worked on but better gameplay in FS-21 is going to be worth nothing if they don't address the above issues, for me anyway. The look and feel of the game is everything as fas as I'm concerned. The continued popularity of FS-17 shows that many people still prefer the look and feel of that game over FS-19.

[snip... more things I pretty much agree with]
I actually feel the opposite. What point is a good looking game if the gameplay elements are lacking? Sure, better graphics would be nice, but only if it's not at the expense of gameplay.

I would like to see them add things like more variety in crop types, like rice, orchards, vineyards, etc.
A more detailed soil nutrient/fertiliser system.
Soil compaction.
A system where I could plant grazing crops, and turn animals loose in fields.
Be able to herd animals.

I don't know how many of my wishes are feasible, or would even improve things, but that's the sort of direction I would like to see.

If I want to look at pretty graphics, I'll go watch a movie. If I want to look at tractors, there is no shortage of hi-def farm videos on YouTube.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Luftkopf wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:20 pm
Mobias wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:59 pm My wishlist for FS-21 is....

[snip... things I mostly agree with]

[snip... more things I pretty much agree with]
I actually feel the opposite. What point is a good looking game if the gameplay elements are lacking? Sure, better graphics would be nice, but only if it's not at the expense of gameplay.

The point is the gameplay is already there pretty much. Its not like its hugely lacking as it is. Certainly if seasons becomes part of the base game with FS-21 it won't be. Sure, they can keep on adding ever more exotic crop types and whatnot but the placeables system in FS-19 shows you what happens when they try and push the gameplay side of things without thinking through how its actually going to work.
Blown

Post by Blown »

Mobias wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:03 pm

The point is the gameplay is already there pretty much. Its not like its hugely lacking as it is. Certainly if seasons becomes part of the base game with FS-21 it won't be. Sure, they can keep on adding ever more exotic crop types and whatnot but the placeables system in FS-19 shows you what happens when they try and push the gameplay side of things without thinking through how its actually going to work.
If seasons is built into the base game it will ruin the franchise.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Blown wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:00 am
Mobias wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:03 pm

If seasons is built into the base game it will ruin the franchise.
Why do you think that?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

There's a lot more can be done to make the game more "farming simulator" -- for example, there's no game difference between disc harrow, power cultivator and tine cultivator. Not all soils need lime, where I live we are on chalky boulder clay, so farmers here spread crude compost from the recycling plant. As Luftkopf says upthread, being able to herd animal, to move them from one pasture to another.

But what I'd really like the physics system to be overhauled: Bodies that stay at rest and don't "buzz" - ten tonne tractors that don't bounce into the air if they collide with a flimsy wooden fence, bales that stack and stay stacked.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

blue_painted wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:32 am

But what I'd really like the physics system to be overhauled: Bodies that stay at rest and don't "buzz" - ten tonne tractors that don't bounce into the air if they collide with a flimsy wooden fence, bales that stack and stay stacked.
One thing I forgot to add to my wish list posted before was a better physics system. FS-19 is an improvement over FS-17 and they need to continue with that for FS-21. I do miss MR. There was a much better feeling of weight to everything. The big problem with it was the inconsistency. Sometimes it felt less than realistic and there was always the issue that some mods had an MR profile and some didn't.

At the very least they really need to add to the sense of weight to vehicle handling. I've never really agreed with the thinking that casual players would get turned off with a slower heavier feeling physics system.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

How did I forget to put physics on my list! I too want all these big heavy things we move around with our big heavy tractors to feel... big, and heavy?
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

Luftkopf wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:56 pm How did I forget to put physics on my list! I too want all these big heavy things we move around with our big heavy tractors to feel... big, and heavy?
I think in terms of physics the game still has plenty of room for improvement, maybe the camera in the tractor cab has nothing to do with it, but in some smaller tractors the camera is set pretty high which looks weird (looks okay if it's a big tractor with a big cab) we can make it move the camera from that one position, driving a tractor would be nicer if we could move the complete camera down (only small tractors).
nerkags

Post by nerkags »

they are waiting for ps5 for sure, but this isn't very fair if the game gonna be just on ps5 and either than that in my opinion it would be
a minus for giants as I don't think that many people would get ps5.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

For sure there were some real improvements; menu screens, the map screen both greatly improved.
TBH I thibk Felsbrunn isn't a bad map at all.