Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

FarmBoss

Re: Awesome FS21 will not be out in 2020

Post by FarmBoss »

It wouldn't make sense to postpone 21 if they're planning to make it compatible with PS4 or Xbox One.
It might hurt them though, like you said all their fans might not be running out to get the next console right away.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:58 am
nerkags wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:49 pm they are waiting for ps5 for sure, but this isn't very fair if the game gonna be just on ps5 and either than that in my opinion it would be
a minus for giants as I don't think that many people would get ps5.
You just have to face the fact that soon the PS4 will will be obsolete, just like the PS3 is already obsolete. They didnt make 17 available on PS3 or Xbox360 so its a good possibilty the next FS? will not be available for PS4
They made fs15 for ps3 though
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

The end of one generation of games consoles and the start of the next is always a difficult time for game developers. Do you make your new games with lots of new exciting features that take advantage of the new console hardware or do you make it for the old console generation that has the far bigger instal base but which may have a shorted shelf life? Studios can somewhat get around this by making games cross generational but that does make development more complex and the game is generally somewhat hindered by making it work on the older console generation.

Its pretty clear Giants are waiting to see what the uptake of the new consoles is going to be. Both Sony and Microsoft are nervous that they're releasing what appears to be two really quite expensive games consoles at a time of real economic downturn. It looks quite likely that it'll take longer than usual for the PS5 and new Xbox to have a decent install base so baring that in mind if people are going to hang onto the current generation of consoles longer, well into next year at least say, then maybe it makes more sense for FS-21 to be more optimised for the current generation of consoles rather than the new one.

My guess is FS-21 will be made for the current generation of consoles but a version for the new generation will be released that will look and perform better. I'd be surprised if they only make and release FS-21 for the new ones
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

nerkags wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:49 pm they are waiting for ps5 for sure, but this isn't very fair if the game gonna be just on ps5 and either than that in my opinion it would be
You just have to face the fact that soon the PS4 will will be obsolete, just like the PS3 is already obsolete. They didnt make 17 available on PS3 or Xbox360 so its a good possibilty the next FS? will not be available for PS4
I didn't have a PS4 when FS17 came out, and couldn't justify the expense of upgrading from PS3. Fast forward to FS19 being released, and still didn't have a PS4 or the money for one! However, I couldn't resist the lure of the new game so I went for a PS4 and FS19 regardless :)

Initially I didn't take to FS19, so bought FS17 (even more expense!), played it a lot, then decided to try FS19 again. At this point, I really got into the newer game and have played it daily since.

I'd like to think the next release will be available for PS4, but realistically think this won't happen :( Not looking forward to either not being able to move on to the next release, or having to find another chunk of money!

(also don't want to relegate the PS4 to storage alongside my PS3, PS2 and all their games and controllers!)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

cedricthecat wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:33 pm
I didn't have a PS4 when FS17 came out, and couldn't justify the expense of upgrading from PS3. Fast forward to FS19 being released, and still didn't have a PS4 or the money for one! However, I couldn't resist the lure of the new game so I went for a PS4 and FS19 regardless :)

Initially I didn't take to FS19, so bought FS17 (even more expense!), played it a lot, then decided to try FS19 again. At this point, I really got into the newer game and have played it daily since.

I'd like to think the next release will be available for PS4, but realistically think this won't happen :( Not looking forward to either not being able to move on to the next release, or having to find another chunk of money!

(also don't want to relegate the PS4 to storage alongside my PS3, PS2 and all their games and controllers!)
So.... you think you can't keep playing fs19 on ps4 after the ps5 comes out?? With the problems they (still) have at launch of 19 they might see slower initial sales of next version (i know I will be holding off if even buy it at all). And as for ps5 it will be an expensive device at launch, stores will sell quickly and remaining stocks will be price gouged 20-30% higher before I would even have the money saved up for normal price. I will also be waiting to get ps5, if I get it.

As for giants not releasing a ps4 version because they are waiting for new ps5 (or next gen console) is not a sign there wouldn't be a game version still on current console platforms. All the game engines etc for ps4/x1 already exist. Giants could just be playing it safe and waiting to see what problems may come out with new console gens before committing a game version to them. It's also a nice little "cover story" to give them more time to develope next version and hopefully avoid some off the chaos from 19.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If they just wanted a next-gen compatible version, then it presumably wouldn't be much work, given current gen games are supposedly going to work on next gen consoles. I'd imagine a simple bump in graphics quality and/or slot increase wouldn't require much extra workload.

I'm desperately hoping that the next game isn't compatible with current gen consoles. It's getting to the point (and has been for a while to be honest) where it's hurting the game badly. Whenever they dump the current gen it will open up so much more headroom for improvements and expansion.

Sadly COVID-19 and the almost certain global recession will significantly harm the first year of sales for next gen consoles, so I fear we'll be stuck with current gen console limitations on PC and next gen consoles until 2024 (assuming the 3 year gap isn't just a one-off). The game has been behind the times in some areas for a long time already, but by late 2024 the game will look and feel utterly archaic.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Tbh in some ways I think it already does.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:52 pm So.... you think you can't keep playing fs19 on ps4 after the ps5 comes out??
I definitely can!

I'm just basing it on my FS experience so far: I started with FS13 on a PS3, then, after I'd done everything I wanted to on this (and became aware that FS15 had been released!) I moved to FS15 and played many happy hours with it

When I'd done everything I wanted to on FS15, I basically moved onto other games for a while, as although FS17 was around by now, I didn't have the means to play it. When I got the PS4, it was (as described above) when FS19 came out. I thought I could manage with having "missed" FS17, but (again as mentioned) went FS19, then FS17, now back to FS19

More than happy to keep going with FS19, as there's lots of maps and maps I haven't tried, and assume there will continue to be many new releases, but thinking of the future (which is with luck a long way off) there'll doubtless come a time when I get tired of it, and if the next incarnation has arrived, and it's on the next generation console, that's when I'll have my next dilemma! :)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

cedricthecat wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:23 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:52 pm So.... you think you can't keep playing fs19 on ps4 after the ps5 comes out??
I definitely can!

I'm just basing it on my FS experience so far: I started with FS13 on a PS3, then, after I'd done everything I wanted to on this (and became aware that FS15 had been released!) I moved to FS15 and played many happy hours with it

When I'd done everything I wanted to on FS15, I basically moved onto other games for a while, as although FS17 was around by now, I didn't have the means to play it. When I got the PS4, it was (as described above) when FS19 came out. I thought I could manage with having "missed" FS17, but (again as mentioned) went FS19, then FS17, now back to FS19

More than happy to keep going with FS19, as there's lots of maps and maps I haven't tried, and assume there will continue to be many new releases, but thinking of the future (which is with luck a long way off) there'll doubtless come a time when I get tired of it, and if the next incarnation has arrived, and it's on the next generation console, that's when I'll have my next dilemma! :)
Ah, clear enough. I with resetting my ps4 in an attempt to solve an issue (it did not) and my disappointment in available maps and mods in general, I've started to go back to 17 and rebuild. In some ways 17 was a better game, and in some ways 19 is better. If I did play on pc I would have gone back to 17 long time ago as pc mods would have filled the gaps for my needs.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs