Good Move By Giants-this is an opinion + Poll

Thoughts on Giants Delaying Next Production of Farm Sim 1 or 2 years?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Good Move
83%
Bad Move
5%
Didn't Care
12%

Total votes: 184

iLLBill606

Good Move By Giants-this is an opinion + Poll

Post by iLLBill606 »

Personal Opinion;

News that FS 21 is not going to come out in my mind is a good move by Giants, why?

1. Next Gem Systems:
With the next gem systems coming out this upcoming Holiday Season, it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold off for 1 more year and allow Giants to focus on Producing a game for those Platforms instead of the soon to be outdated PS4 and Xbox 1.

2. Game Development:
With Season's just coming out, it wouldn't make any sense to come out with a new season and start new again and have everything delayed like we did this year. Also the Graphics, textures and game play will have more time to be reviewed and tweaked

3. Mods:
Honestly, there are some super nice mods out there, with many more in the works. Lancy Boi and Mappers Paradise new maps are very intriguing for American Players along with what Custom Modding Plans to bring along with other Modder's.

4. Working with Modder's, Gamer's:
With the game being delayed 1 or 2 years, I see FS 22 or FS 23 being the best game produced overall, specifically at launch. Could this be Giants are not only working with Dealers, but also Gamer's and Modder's to Produce the Highest Quality game as possible?

5. DLC's: With More time on FS 19, I feel this game has come along ways. Myself im waiting for The US maps listed above, but everything else that Giants will focus on, This could be a Stout of a game even better then what it already is.

Before this announcement, i was thinking id wait one Season on the Production of the game because 19 has gotten so good, the mods that are coming & already here, DLC's, Game Value, and with seasons coming after a year i wanted to stick with 19.

All in all I feel that this move by Giants is great. better FS 19 and Better Future Farm Sims! Thank You Giants, Couldn't pick a better time in my opinion. Unless more comes with the game at launch and its not so Buggy at launch altho i haven't had issues, maybe every third year for game production wouldn't be a bad idea. Thanks
VonArens

Re: Good Move By Giants-this is an opinion + Poll

Post by VonArens »

Overall it could be a good move BUT (and its a real thicc but) it would among other things require them to be a whole lot clearer on things to come as well as faster/better at fixing things, otherwise we'll just be at status quo but with added wait time for the next release.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Best move ever, i was just thinking few days ago that FS19 is finally so good that i really enjoy it and after 10 months need to to jump to another half-cooked game. Basically makes
me to enjoy more FS19 and waiting for next FS game (because this time i hope not anymore hurried and half-baked).
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

iLLBill606 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm News that FS 21 is not going to come out in my mind is a good move by Giants, why?

1. Next Gem Systems:
With the next gem systems coming out this upcoming Holiday Season, it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold off for 1 more year and allow Giants to focus on Producing a game for those Platforms instead of the soon to be outdated PS4 and Xbox 1.
This is the only real reason it is delayed. Giants is smart enough to realize that releasing the game on an obsolete platform will severely impact sales. Assuming the specs and requirements for next gen consoles have already been provided to Giants, they still need time to account for those changes and figure out how to best apply them. I wouldn't expect FS21 to be out until 3Q21 at best, probably 4Q21 to encourage holiday sales.

FS19 will probably get get 1-3 more paid DLCs. I won't even speculate on what they would be.

This is good for modders because they have basically another year to work on and use stuff.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Save the game for next gens....all for it! Hopes the new consoles can handle more as a game and also gives them and PS and Xbox time to work on things like release of scripts and mods
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Giants should have a next gen developers kit, that is if the new consoles do come out in 2020. So waiting for next gen is irrelevant.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Ït isn't, the main console community won't switch over on day 1 =)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

texasplowboy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 pm Giants should have a next gen developers kit, that is if the new consoles do come out in 2020. So waiting for next gen is irrelevant.
Giants was lucky with the PS4 as it fit into their normal 2 year dev cycle. I suspect they'll delay FS21 until Oct 2021 in order for PS5 bugs to be worked out and put the game out on PS5.

FS13 = Oct 2012 release on PS3
PS4 released in Nov 2013
FS15 = Oct 2014 release on PS4

PS5 projected at Nov 2020
FS21 = Oct 2021 by best guess.

As a side note, I'd like to Farm Sim step away for the year dating so they don't have to be tied to years.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Did you imagine, that new generation games will run with low features on last gen? Like they do now on Pro/standard PS4 or Xbox One X and normal XB1 or on high end PC and low end PC? So they invest in the best version , even to sell it for all generations.

Confirmed by Phill Spencer for Microsof game studios games.

Edit: https://www.mondoxbox.com/en/news/66265 ... x-one.html
Last edited by ltl.vamp on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Really good move in my opinion. I can’t count the number of times I’ve thought it would be a good move to just stay with the current game for more than 2 years, and occasionally update it to add more features, content, etc., kind of like SCS Software does with ETS2 and ATS.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

texasplowboy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 pm Giants should have a next gen developers kit, that is if the new consoles do come out in 2020. So waiting for next gen is irrelevant.
Not at all actually. Yes they have a Dev kit, but just got it not long ago. Takes alot of work to get the game ready for the new console. Let's just hope this is why and they aren't gonna stop making it all together
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:55 pm
iLLBill606 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm News that FS 21 is not going to come out in my mind is a good move by Giants, why?

1. Next Gem Systems:
This is the only real reason it is delayed. Giants is smart enough to realize that releasing the game on an obsolete platform will severely impact sales. Assuming the specs and requirements for next gen consoles have already been provided to Giants, they still need time to account for those changes and figure out how to best apply them. I wouldn't expect FS21 to be out until 3Q21 at best, probably 4Q21 to encourage holiday sales.

FS19 will probably get get 1-3 more paid DLCs. I won't even speculate on what they would be.

This is good for modders because they have basically another year to work on and use stuff.
Agreed and there is alot of WIPs out there right now for every platform that are very intriguing.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Yes, the wait... is a very good move. Stick with one for a few years. Instead of the constant development they have going on currently. Of a bi-yearly cycle. More bug fixes, some extra DLC's or even full on expansion packs for the game... maybe we could even get another crop or so. I love GIANTS Software and Farming Simulator, this is by far one of my most played games (it's just so relaxing after a hard day)... so, within the wait. GIANTS Software would have more time to work on the next installment instead of the annual rush they tend to go through, in which... could potentially give their devs a chance to shine and really let their talent and love for video games show and more chances that the QA team could flesh out some of the bugs that tend to make it through. I don't expect a perfect quality product from the get go, but... a little better fleshed out and more enjoyable on all sides.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

XBOX SERIES X has for sure been announced in either Nov or Dec. Ps5 Still hasn't released any info. But, every time a new system comes out, its before Christmas, that wont change with these to platforms, Good marketing. Giants usually send out it game late Oct early Nov, so you have a move and the next gem systems will be out, complete waste.